Thread: Cyst on clomid?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cyst on clomid?

I went for an ultrasound yesterday which was CD10 to check on follicle growth after taking clomid CD4-8, 50mg.

She said I have a dominant follicle of 12.5mm on the left and several under 10. On the right I had several under 10 and one each at 10, 11 and 12, however she said these were not as rounded as the left so didn't usually expect these to go on to ovulate(?) but also on this side I had a large formation which at first she thought I may have already ovulated. It was 20mm but not properly round. My lining was also only 6.3 so this didn't match up with just having ovulated either. She suggested that it was probably just a cyst which can be pretty common and will usually go away on their own as it wasn't that large.

Has anyone else had this? Should I still try for this month? She suggested I keep using OPK's to see if I do ovulate from the other side and also said it may be worth coming for another scan on Monday to check if the dominant follicle had grown and my lining had thickened (although this is funded by me and not cheap...)

My lining is thinner than when I've had scans on CD10 before. Could this just be because the clomid will be delaying ovulation for a few days?

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks.
    Last edited by 1more; March 14th, 2015 at 06:27 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes you should always try when taking Clomid.

Don't worry about the cyst, they do happen on Clomid but many times you'll still ovulate anyway.

Yes, your lining is thinner due to the Clomid. estrogen makes the lining grow and Clomid blocks the estrogen for the days you take it. Then your body will make a big bunch of it to make up for it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks 1more thanked for this post