Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Experiences with Femera?

The RE has put me on femera, I was wondering how everyone did on that. Any stories to share? Any twins?

Thanks!
    My Ovulation Chart
    : March 3, 2016 baby girl @ 17w to EColi January 7, 2017 baby girl @ 15w to placental abruption
    TTC our dream baby and praying for a safe pregnancy with a take home baby in my arms

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

3. Likes Hbuhs liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following bc I'll be taking Femara as well!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've taken Femera for two cycles now (currently in my 2ww). My first cycle I did (probably) ovulate two follicles, is what my RE said. Obviously I didn't get pregnant, mostly due to timing. This month I only had one follicle maturing ahead of the rest during my cd10 ultrasound. From what my RE has been saying, twins are much more unlikely on Femera as opposed to a stronger chance of multiples with Clomid.
    Otherwise I've found the drug itself to have very few side effects and its been easy to take. I'm on it solely for swaying reasons (got a referral to an RE due to irregular cycles)- was kind of my little sway "loop hole"

Let's us all keep updating here about our experiences with Femera. I find it to be a somewhat new protocol (in Canada, anyways) and there isn't a ton on here about how gals did on it.
    DS1- 03/13/2009
    DS2- 05/09/2013

Praying and swaying for a DD!

6. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbuhs View Post
    I've taken Femera for two cycles now (currently in my 2ww). My first cycle I did (probably) ovulate two follicles, is what my RE said. Obviously I didn't get pregnant, mostly due to timing. This month I only had one follicle maturing ahead of the rest during my cd10 ultrasound. From what my RE has been saying, twins are much more unlikely on Femera as opposed to a stronger chance of multiples with Clomid.
    Otherwise I've found the drug itself to have very few side effects and its been easy to take. I'm on it solely for swaying reasons (got a referral to an RE due to irregular cycles)- was kind of my little sway "loop hole"

Let's us all keep updating here about our experiences with Femera. I find it to be a somewhat new protocol (in Canada, anyways) and there isn't a ton on here about how gals did on it.
    What exactly did you say to your doc. I'm in Canada and want it (or Clomid) purely for swaying. Obviously I won't be telling him that....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    What exactly did you say to your doc. I'm in Canada and want it (or Clomid) purely for swaying. Obviously I won't be telling him that....

I told my doc I'd been TTC#3 for 6 months and she sent me to the local fertility clinic (because of my age, LOL). They gave me a script for Clomid, which I took for 2 rounds. I did not ovulate (monitored), and my vision was going a little blurry on it, which is a contraindication. My next script was for Femara.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    I told my doc I'd been TTC#3 for 6 months and she sent me to the local fertility clinic (because of my age, LOL). They gave me a script for Clomid, which I took for 2 rounds. I did not ovulate (monitored), and my vision was going a little blurry on it, which is a contraindication. My next script was for Femara.
    Where are you from? I am hoping to skip the fertility clinic with the time frame I have to work within... Hoping my Gp will have mercy....

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am in Canada too...Calgary. Most GPs will give you a script of Clomid if you tell them you've been trying over a year. You probably won't have to go the fertility clinic route, I'm pretty sure they rushed me there because of my ancient eggs (I'm 42).

One thing...I wouldn't come right out and ask for it. Say your cycles are all messed up and you're not sure if you're ovulating (you may have to bend the truth) and ask if there is anything that might help? Just be a little coy about it.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

12. Thanks Hitmebabyonemoretime thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, SweetLily liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    I am in Canada too...Calgary. Most GPs will give you a script of Clomid if you tell them you've been trying over a year. You probably won't have to go the fertility clinic route, I'm pretty sure they rushed me there because of my ancient eggs (I'm 42).

One thing...I wouldn't come right out and ask for it. Say your cycles are all messed up and you're not sure if you're ovulating (you may have to bend the truth) and ask if there is anything that might help? Just be a little coy about it.
    Perfect - my ds just turned one, so Idk if he'll buy one year, but it doesn't hurt to bend the truth. Like if he asks me when my last cycle was ill tell him it came back right at 8 weeks pp or something, but they're never been regUlar. (And if he's on the ball)He'll ask me if I'm breastfeeding and I will have to bend the truth. All I've read is that Clomid is safe and lots of women get it while bfing but my doc is so old school that he said no tylenol when I was pg, so ykwim? He'll be very much against it if he knows we still nurse a few times a day.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This being said, i believe that studies prove that's femara isn't safe for breastfeeding and so I would have to turn it down if he offers it... Or quit nursing which I don't want to do.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast