Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy Introducing myself - a few questions.

Hello there! I am currently 25 (I'll be 26 in 3 days) and DH is 27. We have 2 sons (first DS by my ex hubby) and we are wanting to try to give them a little sister! However, we are waiting to try for a 2017 baby so we will start ttc next Summer (I will be 27 and DH will be 29).
    I am trying to get a plan together so that when we ttc our girl, we have as good of a shot as possible. I figure putting about a year of research into it before our first try should give us a decent shot - so give me all of the information you have.. I'm already obsessed with the data sheet!!!

As far as family history - DH's DAD has both genders every other child - literally boy, girl, boy, girl, boy. DH's mom comes from a family of all girls and she has had boy, girl, boy. However, our generation seems to have only boys. We have had a son (other DS is not DH's) and his cousin has had 2 sons. DH's sister (mom's side only) is currently expecting so I will have to update when they know the gender (I'm not sure if that at all has anything to do with DH's ability to produce boys vs girls.
    On my side, everyone has had at least 1 boy and 1 girl. My dad had me and then 3 boys.
    As far as my ability to be impregnated - I have had 2 miscarriages with my ex hubby (did not know genders) one at 10 weeks but 6 weeks gestation and the other at 6 weeks gestation. My 3rd pregnancy resulted in my DS1! After his birth, my ex hubby and I split up, he got married to another woman who had 1 son already and in rapid succession he had 2 girls one after another with her. I then had my second boy with my DH. So I am actually really thinking there might be something to the woman helping to determine the gender (maybe by diet or pH or something)

Both of my boys were "accidents" and with the second one I actually was using an ovulation calender to PREVENT pregnancy - we did not bd on any of the "fertile" days however we got pregnant with a little boy. He is now 3 and looking back, I had a weird cycle right before the one we conceived on. I got my period, then 2 weeks later I got another period, then my next period was late, finally got it and that was the cycle we conceived DS2 on - so I really have no idea when I ovulated. It seems like my body knew I was trying not to get pregnant with the timing so it purposely adjusted ovulation so I would get pregnant. xD However, if we went by shettles method I was convinced he was going to be a girl. DH was convinced he would be a boy based on my cravings -- I was eating mostly slim jims and turkey and mustard sandwiches.

So my questions for right now are - based on family history of DH's dad having boy, girl, boy, girl, boy - and DH so far having 1 boy - are the odds at all for us for having a girl? Or is that pretty much just 50% shot?
    As far as diet - acidic pH favors girl, right? SO should I eat a lot of alkaline foods? Take antacids (Tums)? Drink more alkaline spring waters like Fiji?
    As far as diet - the Low Everything diet the way I understand it is low calorie and low nutrient, so should the bulk of my calories come from empty calories like refined sugars and bleached grains and not a lot of fruits or vegetables? Or should the bulk of my calories come from fruits and vegetables? Does sugar change body pH or sway one way or the other?
    What Sudafed should I take to try? Just pseudoephederine?
    Does it really make a difference when we time intercourse?

Also thanks for taking the time to read! Good luck everyone!
    DS1-(2009) DS2-(2011) DD-(2016)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Welcome!! You have tons of time to work out your sway!
    There are so many good reads On here and some really helpful people too
    Try to find the library of atomics essays and read up. Some i **think** might be outdated but I'm swaying now, and the recent advice I've gotten is that diet and cardio together are getting the best results. Diet is low fat and protien and then you can eat whatever within the limits after that. There is a thread for what we're eating that you should take a peak at.
    Ph isn't a thing so much now (or at least that's what I've been told)
    As far as timing there is a Couple ways you can go. There is a essay for that too. I am doing a frequent release (7-10 days of "spilling" and one attempt at a positive opk).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to 4 with one cooking Due Apr 19/16
    Going HT for end of 2016, early 2017

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I am a super scientific-minded person so all the information has just been amazing lol! I have hardly begun to search the site but the scientific research sub forum looks super fascinating too!
    As for cardio- I was wondering about that. I walk about 2 miles a day on average to and from work and then on top of that I am walking, bending, and folding clothes at work for 4 or 5 hours or more. I was hoping to get into running (nothing intense but just like 2 or 3 miles of jogging a day on top of the walking I already do) and I was hoping that was something I could do during the sway.
    DS1-(2009) DS2-(2011) DD-(2016)

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following. Ttc a girl in 2016 as well and I can tell the info has changed from previous years. You said ph doesn't really matter anymore? Anywhere I can read more on that? I had already purchased a ph tester, so should I just test anyway?
    '12 '14 '16

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the info on pH not really swaying one way or another.

http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/...t.php?p=212663

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks XX - I suck at linking up.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And hex about the cardio. I'm still asking a lot of questions about it too. Some people say "intense" so I translated that as running, but atomic said she wished she had of used another word bc it's got everyone thinking they need to work really really hard. So the goal is an hour a day 6-7 days. Week. (Not sure how long it takes to walk 2miles?) but I think the laundry work isn't enough unless of course you're feeling like its a workout and then maybe! Buy I think you'd have to be motoring.
    Idk if what I'm doing is enough (and there is not sure fire way anyways), but I walk the hour sometimes (pushing stroller), and sometimes I jog a bit. Rainy days I dance along with YouTube dance videos lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

Gender does not run in families genetically (lifestyles may be shared by family members, of course) and so you do not need to worry about your family's gender makeup of their offspring.

Shettles doesn't work and your experience is similar to many of ours - even when you get Shettles "right", that's the month you O early anyway. It doesn't matter anyway because it's been totally debunked. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Cravings don't tell gender so don't worry about that in future pregnancies. I never ate mustard till I was pg with my daughter and then that was one of my fave foods all of a sudden (also hitting the turkey and mustard pretty hard LOL)

I am not following your quesiton about pH but the good news is, it doesn't work anyway http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html

Questions about LE Diet are here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html and here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...-diet-faq.html

Don't take Sudafed, it is too dangerous and has been linked to strokes. If you must, you can use antihistamine but we have been getting so-so results with that anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitmebabyonemoretime View Post
    Welcome!! You have tons of time to work out your sway!
    There are so many good reads On here and some really helpful people too
    Try to find the library of atomics essays and read up. Some i **think** might be outdated but I'm swaying now, and the recent advice I've gotten is that diet and cardio together are getting the best results. Diet is low fat and protien and then you can eat whatever within the limits after that. There is a thread for what we're eating that you should take a peak at.
    Ph isn't a thing so much now (or at least that's what I've been told)
    As far as timing there is a Couple ways you can go. There is a essay for that too. I am doing a frequent release (7-10 days of "spilling" and one attempt at a positive opk).

I have lots of info in the index and some of it is "old school" but then again, many people WANT old school sways and that is up to them. This isn't swaying my way, it's swaying all sorts of ways and given that the info on some of the other sites is barely legible, I keep the old-school info up so people are able to have a resource to use.

I do need to go back over everything but I think most of it has held up pretty well over time.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by babypinkno3 View Post
    Following. Ttc a girl in 2016 as well and I can tell the info has changed from previous years. You said ph doesn't really matter anymore? Anywhere I can read more on that? I had already purchased a ph tester, so should I just test anyway?
    Well, it's either change it or keep doing the same stuff again and again and expecting a different result!

Our success rates have done nothing but increase, and while I know it's slightly annoying, it isn't possible for me to go back over 50,000 posts and keep them all in line with the times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast