Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Timing and Frequency

Again, sorry for hijacking page 1! I just wanted to see if anyone could clarify frequent BD with one attempt for me? So I would have husband release everyday then DTD 1 day before ovulation? Should I also do J&D with this? Is there any value in BD every day leading up to ovulation or would it be better to have husband release elsewhere and go for the one attempt?

Thank you all again- you're wonderful!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a new book coming out soon that will lay all this out for everyone.

FR with one attempt is just daily release by DH on his own or with you, with a condom, every day for 7-10 days before ATTEMPT, not ovulation.

YOu can do J and D if you want to, it is at your discretion. Does seem to up odds of pink but also drastically lwoers odds of conception.

Do not BD every day. IT's the worst of both worlds because odds of conception are lower than if you did regular release instead (that's having DH release every 2-4 days) and then had one attempt, and it's also bluer than one attempt is. So it's a risk of blue for no gain to conception.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Hitmebabyonemoretime liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay thanks that makes sense! So one attempt when I get a positive OPK it is ! Thank you!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Now I have another question- I am so sorry! So as I read through the forums more and more I'm wondering if FR is the way to go? What do you recommend, Atomic? I thought that what most people do with the one attempt but is that not correct? Is it better to have my husband release every 4 days and do the one attempt at positive OPK? Can anyone chime in?

Thanks again all, you're great!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I use different methods for different people and can't just generalize that to everyone. Some people do FR with one attempt, others I have do every 4 days, some abstain.

We don't have the data to say if one is better than the other becuase they are all done by different groups of people.

FR and abstain have not gotten the greatest results (sways pink, but not hugely, and really cuts odds of conception) While most people do want to at least try to see if they can get pg with them at first, there is a real benefit to doing every 4 day plus one attempt - your odds of conception with one attempt are WAY higher than if you used a frequency pattern and it may enable you to get pregnant with the one attempt more easily. Since one attempt has much, much better results than FR or abstain, this makes a lot of sense to me to drop what doesn't work (frequency) for better odds of conception with what DOES work (one attempt)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Atomic! That makes total sense to me. For some reason I thought that FR was what everyone was doing for best results but the every four days plus one attempt makes much more sense to me. That will be more manageable for us (mostly my very busy husband) as well.

So if the we're doing the every 4 days should I try to time it with around Ovulation or let the chips fall where they may? Say that my husband released on a Monday and it turns out I'm supposed to Ovulate on Wednesday should I still DTD at my first positive OPK?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let the chips fall where they may because I suspect (strongly) that one of the reasons why it may work is because it removes another stressor from the situation. EVentually you will get pregnant from it.

Yes, still DTD at first positive opk because it's easy to figure out and also good odds of conception.