Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Coffee and alcohol?

I'm reading through pink sways and I'm confused... Is coffee and alcohol good or bad? I drink 2-4 cups of STRONG coffee with a splash of Vit D milk every morning and I have 1-3 STRONG beers (IPAs with 6-9% abv) every evening. Are these things I should cut out or is this a good thing? I'm confused! And what's the reason behind each, good or bad? Why do pink swayers cut out caffine? The beer is a lot of calories, basically a whole meal in 2-3 beers! Liquid bread, right? SO wouldn't this be bad for LE diet? Help!
    - DS 2012

2. Likes mammyof2boys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the original idea why pink swayers cut out caffeine was because caffeine supposedly blocked calcium absorption. But, first of all, even if (big IF) calcium even sways, we don't know that we even want it to be well absorbed into your bones vs. floating around unabsorbed, and secondly, the idea that caffeine blocks calcium has been totally debunked and it turned out to be 110% bogus and untrue. We also have a study that showed no difference in gender ratio with caffeine use. So caffeine is fine and in higher amounts may sway pink a bit (this was not reflected in the study because they did not break it down by intake level but that is what my observation has been.)

Alcohol supposedly affected hormones in some way that was supposed to sway blue, but we are finding a lot of information that firstly sheds a lot of doubt on the hormone theories to begin with, and secondly observationally many of us knew or know of people who were heavy drinkers and had lots of girls so again it didn't add up with our experience. We've been getting good results with it.

RE the beer, you have to take the cals in the beer into your day's totals. It's not free but can be a part of an overall LE Diet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks twointow83 thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Does coffee spike glucose? I think I read somewhere on line that it does. wouldn't that be bad for pink?
    - DS 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    WE have NO idea how glucose even works. We know that it is possibly involved somehow but all the speculatin' we do about how it works is worth as much as the leftover dregs in the bottom of a cup of espresso. Do we want it to stay low all the time, or spike and then drop low, or something else all together?

No idea. We CANNOT go off of amorphous ideas of how this works, we have to look at the things that are ACTUALLY working and GOOD SENSE. Between 65-85% of adults in the US drink coffee at least a few times a week, if not daily, and it simply makes no sense that it is some superpowerful sway tactic.

We have a study that shows caff. intake is neutral when swaying (but did not control for dosage, so we did not know how many were having mod. intake and how many heavy) and the observations of those of us on the site. This was one of the very first things that I noticed that did not add up with the swaying dogma - there were SOOO many blue swayers who were drinking shocking amounts of coffee and had gotten their girls doing that, and then nearly all the pink swayers were trying to cut out caff but they were only drinking a cup or so to start with - it didn't add up - and then I looked at the people in my own life and the same pattern held and it just ceased to make any sense at all.

If people are drinking coffee and getting girls (which they are, at least some) then it's not bad for pink. Switching from tea to coffee and increasing intake either helped or didn't prevent me from getting my girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Tiger, Kitty0911 liked this post