Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Swaying pink soon, questions.

Hi all,
    Just some quick questions. The diet I'm on right now and have been losing weight with is the Ketogenic diet, which revolves around mostly meat, cheese and veggies, and the severe limiting of carbs. I aim for about 30g of carbs a day, but possibly have more some days.
    It's working really well for me, I've lost 8.7kg (19.1lbs) so far in 6 weeks.
    I was hoping to start trying for another baby fairly soon, within the next 3 months or so.

My questions are:
    • Does a ketogenic diet sway blue or pink?
    • How long do I have to be on a swaying diet for it to take effect?
    • Does a vegetarian diet sway blue or pink?
    • Could I stay on keto for weight loss before my TTC attempt, then switch to another diet just before trying if keto's not pink friendly?

For the record, I am aware that a ketogenic diet is not safe during pregnancy, so if I were to get pregnant, I would switch to a "regular" healthy diet.

Thank you for reading. Really appreciate any help I get.

Planning on TTCing a girl!

Mum to a beautiful little boy.

I have PCOS.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know now that the diet needs 6 weeks to take effect, but can anyone answer my other questions? Thank-you.

I have PCOS.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No-one can help answer my questions?
    Adding another one: Does PCOS sway blue or pink?

I have PCOS.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe one for Atomic when she's on. I haven't a clue about ketos, in afraid... x

18/5/13 (4+5 wks) 27/8/13 (4+6 wks)
    Jamie (12/6/14)

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying pink soon, questions.

I'm sure Atomic will chime in, but my first glance at this diet is that it is high in protein with daily amounts over the upper limits of 50-60g since the carb amount is so low. Also the fat would seem to be high as well for the same reason.

When swaying girl the recommendations for protein and fat are to NOT to exceed 50-60g daily. With a carb amount of no more than 30g a day, I do not see how you could stick to the LE diet recommendations and remain healthy.

I would say to stay on this diet if you want to then switch to Atomic's fertility diet (AsFD) since it allows for more protein from meat sources or the LE PCOS diet for 12 weeks BEFORE your first attempt. I'm afraid if you attempt while on the Keto diet before switching to AsFD or the LE PCOS diet you will be in a total boy territory. I would also consider doing the 1 hour of cardio. It does not have to be intense like some people are doing. You can totally walk casually to fast paced and still get the benefit.

FX and GL!!

Last edited by XXforhubby; July 27th, 2015 at 08:39 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying pink soon, questions.

Here is the link to both diets. You will have to scroll down quite a bit to read the LE PCOS diet and then scroll down a bit more for Atomic's Fertility Diet. If you want to read about PCOS and swaying pink, then read the information that precedes the diet recommendations.

http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/...t.php?p=158282

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello,
    Thank you both for you responses, I really appreciate it. I'll get onto reading that information right now.

I have PCOS.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I think this one got bumped away from me - generally because I answer q's from oldest to newest and it can take me a couple days to get thru them all, if you bump it before I get to it, it seems "newer" and can actually take me longer to reply (It is of course always fine to bump a post, but just won't always get the quickest response)

A ketogenic diet actually CAN sway pink and some have had luck with it (especially with PCO). I do not recommend as a general rule though, because firstly overall it is higher in protein and fats and nutrients. But, if it's working for you, that counts too and you may want to stick with it for now.

My other concern with the keto diets is, as you say, that they are not safe during pregnancy. I do not believe that they truly know how long the negative effects may last and thus for TTC I typically don't recommend them.

Vegetarian diets sway pink but for anyone wiht PCOS, this may actually backfire as higher carb intake will raise blood sugar and testosterone. I have the modified atomic fertility diet where you eat more protein and fat, fewer carbs and this has gotten good results for those with PCOS here 5 from the top http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html

You can stay on the keto diet as long as you want, the thing is that there is no magic to being on a certain diet at the moment of conception - we see best results with 12+ weeks on diet. But I don't know how that would stack up to a ketogenic diet in terms of swaying, we just don't have the data to say.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ