Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Advice on my sway

We are planning on swaying for our girl in June. I'm a mom to 3 little boys. I've been lurking since last year, and decided it's time to come out of the shadows since my attempt is coming up soon. I'm extremely nervous and kinda scared, but I am excited.. Diet wise I cut out snacking since the beginning of the year, and for the past months I went strictly vegetarian. Everything I eat is plant based. The whole diet is completely out of my normal because I had a super boy diet before this sway. I do believe diet plans a huge role in swaying. I drink 3-4 cups of coffee first thing in the morning. I like mines (I actually got use to it) black! I drink plenty of water sometimes with crystal light added a few times a day. I treat myself to a Diet Dr. Pepper or Pepsi Zero with dinner some nights a week. I have my nightly glass or 2 of wine. I have 2 meals a day with dinner at 5 and lunch at 12. I'm not taking any supplements. For exercise I've been walking with my kiddos in the mornings. I'm still breastfeeding my youngest few times a day, but all through the night. My cycle is normally 33 days long. I had one month since going vegetarian where AF came a whole week early. The following month AF was 11 days late. I am taking my temperature orally every morning. I just ordered wondfo OPK and pregnancy test kit. We are planning on 1 attempt at positive OPK. I plan on jumping and dumping after 5 minutes.

My husband changed is diet by adding way more vegetables than he normally eats. He doesn't eat as much meats anymore. He also runs every single day. He drinks on the weekends. He's not taking any supplements, but he has horrible allergies at the moment and taking Zyrtec for it. He's been gone for a few months because of work. When he's home he doesn't have allergies here.

Is there anything I'm missing that we should be doing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds good to me! Just make sure you're sticking to 1500-1800 cals (probably closer to 1800-2000 since you're nursing), 30-60g fat, 40-50g protein. AF may have been late because your body could have had a little trouble ovulating so it's important you're getting enough fat/cals/protein. Are you exercising for 60 minutes?
    Good luck!!! Xx
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Thanks NACIREMADREAM, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ksmom I never thought that's why cycle was so late. Makes so much sense.. I haven't done any 60 minutes of cardio only the walking around the neighborhood.

5. Likes ksmom liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you have nutrient totals on the food you are eating?? That irregular cycle, like KS says, may indicate you're not getting enough.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Do you have nutrient totals on the food you are eating?? That irregular cycle, like KS says, may indicate you're not getting enough.
    Atomic sagebrush I haven't been looking at the nutrient totals at all. I thought going vegetarian instead of the LE would make it easier not to obsess over what I was eating.. I eat loads of kale salads most of the time. Tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, blue cheese, apples, grapes, and strawberries. I stick with everything raw. I try and stay away from tons of carbs. I sometimes eat small bowls of rice with veggie stir fry. Maybe I should make it 3 meals instead of 2 a day?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would punch in what you're eating into a website like myfitnesspal. I would be concerned you might be too low on your protein and fat, and maybe calories too.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

9. Thanks NACIREMADREAM thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NACIREMADREAM View Post
    Atomic sagebrush I haven't been looking at the nutrient totals at all. I thought going vegetarian instead of the LE would make it easier not to obsess over what I was eating.. I eat loads of kale salads most of the time. Tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, blue cheese, apples, grapes, and strawberries. I stick with everything raw. I try and stay away from tons of carbs. I sometimes eat small bowls of rice with veggie stir fry. Maybe I should make it 3 meals instead of 2 a day?
    I understand and that is fine as a general rule, but once your O gets weird we have to do some sleuthing to figure out what is going on.

Eating nothing but fruit and veg will mean you aren't getting enough protein, fat, and calories to keep ovulating. even if you just add it up once then you can see. Keep in mind that low carb veg are free and unlimited - things like kale are actually NOT COUNTED at all. And in fruit like apples, grapes, etc are not counted for protein and fat since they have so little and it's not the kind of pro and fat that helps you ovulate. I suspect you need to eat more real food.

Yes, yes please go to 3 meals. Both 2 and 3 meals are equally allowed on LE Diet. I always had 3.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I understand and that is fine as a general rule, but once your O gets weird we have to do some sleuthing to figure out what is going on.

Eating nothing but fruit and veg will mean you aren't getting enough protein, fat, and calories to keep ovulating. even if you just add it up once then you can see. Keep in mind that low carb veg are free and unlimited - things like kale are actually NOT COUNTED at all. And in fruit like apples, grapes, etc are not counted for protein and fat since they have so little and it's not the kind of pro and fat that helps you ovulate. I suspect you need to eat more real food.

Yes, yes please go to 3 meals. Both 2 and 3 meals are equally allowed on LE Diet. I always had 3.
    Atomic I will definitely start doing everything you've recommended. Thank you! I have one more question should we not do our attempt next month and wait till AF is more consistent again?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, I'd still go for it - wonky cycles like that caused by diet may be more pink-friendly.

13. Thanks NACIREMADREAM thanked for this post