Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Confused

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    Personally I don't think there is a boy territory - check out the studies I posted in the science section. The only scientist who seems to think timing matters was Shettles himself and even he asked his women to avoid O etc so it could have been that that was swaying instead.

Have you been freq releasing since your previous attempt? If so I'd take an antihistamine and dtd again

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
    Actually there was another scientist who thought timing swayed as well, but unfortunately his data seemed to indicate that timing around O was GIRL timing and cutoff = boys!!! Exact opposite of Shettles timing.

Something else to consider is a big part of Shettles is the abstinence for swaying pink and then the 2-4 days BD pattern for blue...plus the positions. He also used to include douching in his advice. This is most likely what was doing the swaying (if anything.) and timing is just coincidental to the rest of it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by SA77 View Post
    Thanks ladies! I took an antihistamine last night but didn't Dtd. I feel slightly crampy today and do t see any ewcw so far. I will take another antihistamine tonight and dtd again. Haven't done in since cd13 so i told dh to do his thing today and we will dtd again tonight! Hope it's not too late!
    Good luck! Hey, if it's too late nothing will happen, nothing lost.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I think it changes from person to person and from cycle to cycle so it's hard to say. I tend to get a burst of EWCM 4 or 5 days before I O then it turns less egg-whitey and I get a bit more back on O day. This last cycle I had hardly any EWCM apart from on cd9 then I had loads after I O'd! It's the EWCM which is the fertile stuff so I'd be happy to go again if it was any other type - but you have to do what feels right for you. GL!
    Watery CM is considered fertile, but just like Zana says, there are so many different patterns and even your personal CM patterns can vary dramatically from month to month!! Even something as simple as being a little dehydrated can alter your CM patterns.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    I do think timing may sway under usual circumstances - for example you have more EWCM on some days (possibly O day) and that would usually allow more sperm into the cervix and the higher sperm count would sway boy, however I think most of us swaying do more than enough to counteract those aspects by taking an antihistimine, using gels or douching and lowering pH. I'm timing my attempt to be close to O (the day before or the morning of O) because I think it matters in terms of getting pregnant! If I conceive another boy I'll feel confident that it had nothing to do with when we DTD!

I think part of the problem with O+12 is being able to determine it in the first place without completely missing the egg and without getting into a flap and potentially raising testosterone and I've never tried it so I can't help with that. How about you take an antihistimine and see if it helps dry up the EWCM and DTD again if it does?
    If timing is all you do, then it does seem possible that there ~may~ be some small effect, occasionally, for some people, when the planets are all in alignment and the moon is blue.

The problem is, it is totally unpredictable and has nothing to do with any mystical/biological principle of a certain day...so if your body is boy-friendly 3 DBO and another person's is more girl-friendly on O day due to hormonal fluctuations, diet, stress, BD patterns or whatever, the timing is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if even 80 people out of 100 are more boy-friendly on O day (and the science does NOT support this BTW) if YOU aren't!!!! Your sway isn't going to work doing it that way.

We can accomplish everything that timing ~might~ accomplish in much more reliable ways that are going to be a lot more consistent...we can dry up CM with antihistamines and diet, lower pH with jellies and diet, lower sperm count/numbers by BD patterns...plus we KNOW that these things will for sure have some effect on us. Much better than relying on something that might not even sway, and even if it does sway, might not sway for YOU.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for all the advice. My sway is pretty mild i think and I've gotten 4 +opks in a row so i have no idea what's going on lol.

I'm just going to take my antihistimines, still eat light and BD. How much can i really control?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear ya on that!!! At the end of the day, controlling anything is kind of an illusion.

Good luck!!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I hear ya on that!!! At the end of the day, controlling anything is kind of an illusion.

Good luck!!!

Isn't that the truth!! Sometimes I wonder with all this swaying and millions of sperm....a bunch of each gender is bound to make it to that egg regardless of what we do. Can we REALLY control which sperm makes it's way through that egg?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO, but we can up our odds. That's all we can do at the end of the day. My thinking has always been that if I did nothing, I was upping the odds the other direction (towards boys) so even if swaying did nothing but get me to 50-50 odds, I would take the flip of the coin at that point.

Even those who go HT don't have a guarantee unfortunately! My friend got an opposite with a 92% Microsort sort! o.O

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    NO, but we can up our odds. That's all we can do at the end of the day. My thinking has always been that if I did nothing, I was upping the odds the other direction (towards boys) so even if swaying did nothing but get me to 50-50 odds, I would take the flip of the coin at that point.

Even those who go HT don't have a guarantee unfortunately! My friend got an opposite with a 92% Microsort sort! o.O
    Good point! I am now in the 2 week wait! Hopefully I upped my odds even just a little. Wow, about your friend! Really nothing is guaranteed!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck SA!!

For anyone interested, you can read my friend's birth story with her MS opposite here: http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/108732.aspx

It is very very sweet and just proof that even when you are in a very dark place with GD, you can come out on the other side.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12