Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you think it's time to drop licorice root?
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    While I don't blame anyone who chooses not to take it, in previous incarnations of the sway stats it was as high as 80% for years and also seemed to get good results on IG. I do not believe it could possibly be swaying blue, it makes no sense that it would be, and thus I am very hesitant to drop it (although certainly do not blame anyone who doesn't want to use it)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I totally remember the percentage being super high when I first started reading on here in fall 2013! My DH was actually taking it when I got pregnant last time. I wonder what's up with the stats? Weird. Maybe people stay on it (because it's so easy to take, just pop a pill) but drop everything else like diet, exercise, and one attempt when they're not getting pregnant right away? So it's the dropping of the really solid girl sway tactics that ends up swaying blue, not the continuation of licorice root.
    Last edited by essnce629; April 16th, 2016 at 05:16 PM.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

4. Likes maidentomother, XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think your theory is right, essnce, and also explains the artificially elevated OLE stats. As with LR, it never gets dropped, but bc it's being used by older men/more fertility challenged couples (vs the younger men/highly fertile couples using LR), the OLE couples are more set for pink and LR much more set for blue. So both results are skewed, OLE falsely high, LR falsely low.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

6. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    MDH related Q for atomic - how bad would it be for me to take a 3 month sway break during which I compiled some multifactorial stats? I.e. LE diet at various lengths + one attempt, LE diet at various lengths + cardio + one attempt, cardio + one attempt, Clomid +1 attempt, Diet + Clomid, Diet + Clomid + 1 attempt, Clomid + cardio, Clomid + Diet + cardio + 1 attempt.

It would be a big project as I would need to read through all sways to determine that diet/1attempt/cardio requirements are met as per my judgement. But I've been itching to do it properly for years...

How much would it eff my sway? Assuming I do the project in 3 months, then go back on diet for 3 months, then start TTC again...so at least 3mo between project and potential conception. Keep in mind I have undetectable testosterone, extremely low cortisol, very low DHEAS and very high SHBG, so I may NEED to boost these.

Suggestions for multifactorial stats welcome though I will start with the biggest sway factors.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes Pink Pony liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never like to see anyone take time off swaying for anything short of act of God, when they've been at this as long as you, Maiden. What if Goldie shows up in one of those months??

While I would of course appreciate it and love to see the results, I really hate to ask anyone to do anything for me (or that I would benefit from) that may harm their own plans, YK?? I mean I will tell you, I was on here a lot, and working a lot on things like diet plans and so on when I wasn't on here, in 2011 and 2012 and I still got a girl doing all that. I think that in your case you can stand a little "T-raising" or whatever it is that is swaying. But I do not KNOW that, and thus I have to leave the ball in your court really - I do not even know that it would be a problem, that's just a guess, speculation, and so it may be totally academic anyway.

10. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Likes Lindzter liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I think your theory is right, essnce, and also explains the artificially elevated OLE stats. As with LR, it never gets dropped, but bc it's being used by older men/more fertility challenged couples (vs the younger men/highly fertile couples using LR), the OLE couples are more set for pink and LR much more set for blue. So both results are skewed, OLE falsely high, LR falsely low.
    Exactly. I know people are confused sometimes why I don't just axe everything like jellies, antihistamine, herbs, LR, etc but this is the core reason. I suspect that the stats are skewed because of the fertility factor - that the people who are able to get pregnant with all these things are very likely coming into this experiment we're running here, more set for blue to start out with and this skews the stats. On paper, using every theory out there, they all should sway pink, and I suspect were we to be able to have 1000 cloned couples living identical lifestyles and were able to test for one and only one of these variables at a time we would see this proved in studies - but we can't have that and I hate to lose things that people may want and believe in (because I think if I come out and be all like 'do it my way or the highway' then we'd have fewer new members joining us and would basically doom all those people to the poopy unsafe sway tactics that prevent conception). Additionally, I feel like if I put too much stock into our statistics when I know their limitations, then that really makes me no different from the IG people who would take their stats as if they'd been engraved on clay tablets and handed down from Moses or something. Not even scientists doing studies involving hundreds of people over decades can tell even the simplest things like if you should eat vegetable fat or animal fat for heart disease or whatever they've debunked this week LOL. There is NO WAY that those numbers we have, as great and helpful as they are, are really telling us the magic recipe of how to get a boy or a girl. The overall trends we can see and try to emulate but we can't pin it down as closely as any of us would like at least not by individual sway tactic.

This is also, to me, underlying the seeming sudden success of e4d vs. one attempt. I started having the less-fertile people going to e4d and even starting off with that from the get go, and the results on e4d are high now and the results with one attempt seem lower than they were. But it doesn't change the history which is that one attempt was really good results for YEARS even as we played around with lots of other sway tactics. The fertility factor colors all our results in weird ways.

12. Likes essnce629, Pink Pony, maidentomother liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe I should add an age category? I'd have to think on the best way to do that.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The TTC/sway break would be for my sanity and to avoid giving birth when my SAD is at its worst (Jan-Mar). Plus I'll be honest, that chart of birth month linked disorders scares the crap out of me! Also, I'd be compiling the stats primarily for myself. Not that I don't love you atomic, and this site, but my motivation is definitely selfish! I want to know and I know how satisfying I find such projects.

It wouldn't be a full break, in the sense that I won't drop diet complete, and I may TTC if it's convenient. The swaying isn't so much an issue as the TTC, though I'd be thrilled to have a boy at this point. It's a lose lose situation bc I don't like wasting a month but at the same time, I'm way too caught up in TTC, way beyond what's healthy.

My Ovulation Chart

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyedguys View Post
    Maybe I should add an age category? I'd have to think on the best way to do that.
    I think at some point we add in so much stuff that it gets overly confusing. And the groups do overlap quite a bit with many guys in their 30's doing the "younger" sway tactics and then some others, not, because they're smoking or whatever. I don't think it's something we really need to do since we do have studies that show older dads = more girls conceived.

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast