Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

IG thread on FR vs abstinence...Confused!!

Did anyone see this thread? http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/235076.aspx

Someone researched the failed girl sways and found that 90% of them did moderate to frequent release... What I don't know is what their definition of frequent release was...ie was it the 7-10 days that Atomic recommends.

I'm just confused and don't know what to do. My husband is 37, and I know you guys have mentioned it can cause birth defects with long abstinence.

I was hoping to get some of your inputs. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's hard when you take that one thing out of context, it could be a combination of multiple factors and not just the one that caused an opposite... and also might be skewed because women with failed sways are less likely to return and "confess" it. I wonder how many sways she reviewed too

or maybe those women had DHs who, like my husband, found that 24hrs is enough time to get the quantity ejaculated nearly back up to normal amounts so would need to release more often in a 24hr period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree with rainbow - there's no way to compare one aspect of a sway to that same aspect of somebody else's without every other factor having been the same and even then our bodies all react differently to the same circumstances (and that we have no control of!). I believe you have to find the right way forward for you and DH personally based on what you read and what feels right (and do-able) to you.
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I am confident in my decision to do frequent release partly based on the 'how we got girls' thread. Nearly all the girl mums who are currently TTC a boy that replied to that thread did frequent BD.
    - January 2008, - March 2010 - my royal baby July 2013

Hoping for a at some point, still weighing up HT or swaying.....

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think its an individual choice but here is my take on it.Dh and i got ds1 with frequent release,ds's 2-5 we bd every other day or every two days.Ds6 we did frequent again.I strongly felt that frequent raised my ph and testosterone in both dh and i.I will be doing abstain as i feel not only will it lower his T and count i hope it will send the message that im a single lady who is without a man constantly in my dwelling which sways pink in itself. I think if someone decides on frequent you should have dh do the releasing with no sex until your attempt,if you have a man who would do that lol I really think even protected sex or helping dh finish raises T. Just my opinions good luck!
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I really agree with everything Queen of hearts said. All 3 of my daughters were concieved on Ov with one try. Abstinance of about 5 days prior. But I also agree we are all different
    3 beautiful daughters.
    !st cycle microdose lupron flare . No transfer
    2nd cycle antagonist. 450 gonal f,4x menopur, saizen, cetrotide NT again
    Swayed in early 2012 and thank you god my baby boy came to me
    Thank you GD

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read that too and it made me lean towards abstinence, especially when I realized DH is 35 not 36 like I thought ( I can never keep my own age straight either, only I always think I'm younger ) so we are going with a 9 day abstinence this month but if that doesn't work then I'm trying frequent (twice daily) next month with more attempts. Good luck!!
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know what is best to do but typical IG post ...she pick other ppl sway apart and even make fun of poor girls on page 2!
    uhhh just hate posts like this...
    Also the longer you wait the more dead and damaged sperm you get for sure .Looks like they don't think about that.
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Moderate release WILL sway blue.

We have no way of knowing how this person defined "frequent release". Was it really 7-10 days of release every single day or did the people she's mentioning skip days here and there?? That's not frequent release. She also does not mention the % of people who did FR and DID get their DG.

For frequent release you must have your husband release every day once and even twice, for 7-10 days. And if you don't do that, it isn't frequent release and in a lot of guys, will sway blue.

Tamara does not like frequent release, and so a lot of people feel like they need to back her up on that. Which is fine.

The reason why I don't love abstaining is not because it doesn't work, because it DOES. It's because there has been a small but statistically significant link between birth defects and long abstaining in guys over 35, and also because if you're doing a lot of other things to sway, it may be impossible to get pg doing long abstains. Like, I could make a post that said something like, "90% of the people who did long abstains didn't get pregnant" but I have no way of proving that. If you don't get pg, you have no shot at your DG.

Personally, I find it a little ridiculous to assume that anyone who doesn't abstain for 14 days will not conceive a girl. Most couples BD a hell of a lot more than that, esp. when they're TTC. So of most of the billions of girls and women walking around on the face of the planet, it is highly likely that most of them were not conceived via 14 day abstain.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    it's hard when you take that one thing out of context, it could be a combination of multiple factors and not just the one that caused an opposite... and also might be skewed because women with failed sways are less likely to return and "confess" it. I wonder how many sways she reviewed too

or maybe those women had DHs who, like my husband, found that 24hrs is enough time to get the quantity ejaculated nearly back up to normal amounts so would need to release more often in a 24hr period
    Exactly. What else was going on that made gals decide to do FR (if that is even what they did.) rather than abstain???

Reminds me of all those threads where they say, "look at the people who didn't do timing, they all got boys" but then those are the same set of people who also didn't do diet, etc. Proves nothing.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast