Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Update on my pre-sway

I had been doing well with exercise for a couple of months however had to stop for a few weeks due to illness (the kids keep bringing home new and interesting viruses from school) and a foot condition. I work on my feet and walking is my only form of transportation so unfortunately I had to cut out the extra exercise when it started causing worsening foot pain that was almost crippling and would not respond to ibuprofen. A smart person would go to a foot doctor.
    I am still on a LE diet. Low protein and nutrient. Low meat. More alcohol and caffeine than I should probably be having. I am not losing weight but I am not counting calories however i was not losing weight when I was exercising every day and when I was counting calories and I haven't been able to lose weight since I have gone on the birth control pill so at this point, I am going to attribute my inability to lose weight (and the subsequent gradual increase in my weight since starting the pill) to the birth control pill and I'm not going to try to loose due to my history of disordered eating.
    As for exercise, my household is just getting over yet another nasty respiratory virus but, I am still walking briskly to work 5 days a week (this is 1 mile that I walk in about 18-22 minutes) and then I am on my feet walking quickly through the store I work at for about 4.5 to 5 hours, then walk home. I don't feel like that quite meets the definition of couch potato and I am moving around far more than I was before conceiving either of my boys. I do wish there were some type of cardio I could do that would help my sway that wouldn't require me being on my feet. All I can think of is an exercise bike but I have trouble getting my heart rate elevated at all from those. If anyone has suggestions, I'd be willing to hear them!
    I will say that I have noticed a marked change in my attitude. When I started this sway I was very pumped, ready to go, excited. Now I'm just sort of... apathetic... bored... uninterested. I guess that's normal and might mean it's working? I've heard that emotionally there are differences before conceiving boys vs conceiving girls and when I concieved both of my boys my stress levels were very high. I'm now very content and not particularly emotional or excited. Not really happy, not really sad, lol. That being said if anyone has any input feel free! I'm still tentatively planning my first attempt for January.
    DS1-(2009) DS2-(2011) DD-(2016)

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Google "plantar fasciitis", I have had that a couple times and it hurts terribly!!

with not trying to lose weight with history of disordered eating. Some people have benefitted from switching to one of the alt. diets when they didn't lose weight on LE, that is up to you.

An exercise bike is fine. It doens't seem to be about the heart rate, it seems to be about sustained physical activity of some sort for an hour.

It is not uncommon for people to report that type of emotional change when swaying! I def. felt different like that when I conceived my girl (and still to this day...it's actually annoying at times!!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I second looking into plantar fasciitis. DH developed it in the military and we suspect it was from him wearing combat boots all the time which are rigid and have no arch support. There's really no one test to diagnose it though.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it was from my shoes, I got different shoes and went barefoot more often and it eventually went away.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Look up minimalist footwear for walking. And barefoot at home. It helps with posture too. It was a huge game changer for me. I never even have back pain or anything right now since I made the switch.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's probably something like plantar fasciitis by I honestly cannot go barefoot for long periods of time without pain. I mostly wear running shoes and I have had special insoles for plantar fasciitis in most of my shoes for years since I started retail but it's still slowly getting worse. :-(
    DS1-(2009) DS2-(2011) DD-(2016)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My running shoes made it worse, I had to play with about 4 different types of shoes till it finally cleared up (it ended up being those clogs that nurses wear that helped mine.)