Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know about that to be honest but like atomic said if your level was 6.6 on Monday there is no way that your level has fallen to 0 and your body geared up to ovulate already, thats far too quick, it just doesn't happen in the space of 2 days, the egg would need time to mature enough to be released, even if your levels had already gone down to 0 an egg would still not have matured in that time. I get ewcm now and I'm currently pregnant. Atomic also said above that the hormone detected by the opk strips can be used by the body for other things so even tho it may be present it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to ovulate. Would it be worth speaking to your doctor to see what they think?
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

2. Likes Dreamingofpinkafter2blue liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. I'm just confused why a lower value of HCG would give me a positive OPK reading two days in a row and also a blinking smiley face today (the clear blue advanced fertility requires two different hormones to be present I think). Maybe I just don't understand the science behind it. I don't know if my midwife would really be if any help. She just said that I would likely get my period between 4-6 weeks after my miscarriage and that I would likely ovulate before then. I don't even know if they would be trained in OPKS. I guess I'll just keep BDimg every 4 days and hope I catch the egg.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last Monday I was 47.5 for my HCG and this Monday I was 6.6 if that is helpful.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingofpinkafter2blue View Post
    Yes, what you are saying makes sense.

This morning I got a blinky smiley face on the clear blue monitor! Do you think it's not accurate? I will also test this afternoon on the regular OPK. I get what you are saying like my body just might be surging so I get positive OPKs? But it's not quite ready to ovulate yet.

If my body is ovulating, what do you think about the "pre cum" attempt. LOL. Should I use that as an attempt? Would the sperm be "bad" in that attempt? Or should I dtd today?
    You can get days of blinky smileys before O.

All that OPK measure is the hormone in your pee. You can get a positive test and not be actually ovulating if your body is just making that hormone for some reason. People with PCOS just get random positive tests, for example. If your husband peed on a strip he could get a line sometimes too.

My point is that if your HCG was still in pregnant range, your body literally CAN'T ovulate. It won't make an egg. Now is anything possible, yes absolutely (up to and including human error on your lab test) and you're fine to stick with the whoopsie attempt, there's nothing wrong with that at all, but if you're asking me if I personally think you're ovulating IF your HCG was still coming back as pregnant 1 day ago than in honesty I think it's a longshot. Stick with whoopsie attempt but don't stop testing, it may very well be that you'll be getting another pos in a week or two that's the real deal
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not sure if with the opks they just don't register hcg at higher levels. If I took one now (I'm nearly 28 weeks pregnant) I don't know if it would show negative or not. They are complicated things to work out really. I think thats probably the best thing to do, stick with every 4 days, that way you are covered just in case you do ovulate. It sounds like the opks are just stressing you out too much. Next time I sway I will not be using them, it did my stress levels no good as I was obsessing (which I didn't even realise at the time). I hope things work out for you.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. I'm just confused why a lower value of HCG would give me a positive OPK reading two days in a row and also a blinking smiley face today (the clear blue advanced fertility requires two different hormones to be present I think). Maybe I just don't understand the science behind it. I don't know if my midwife would really be if any help. She just said that I would likely get my period between 4-6 weeks after my miscarriage and that I would likely ovulate before then. I don't even know if they would be trained in OPKS. I guess I'll just keep BDimg every 4 days and hope I catch the egg.
    It CAN happen though because it's the concentration in your urine that matters. That can go up and down. So it's possible to get a true negative and a true positive because your urine may be more or less concentrated. Even if you held your pee and didn't drink any fluids, sometimes more just comes out than others.

As a general rule, your body won't do ANYTHING till HCG is in non-pregnant range. It won't develop an egg, under normal circumstances. So HCG would have to be zero and then and only then would your body even START to make an egg. This just doesn't happen in a day, it takes 10-14 days. Now again, this doesn't mean it isn't happening (especially since it was an early loss I wouldn't bet against it) but I would expect that the HCG test they did might have been incorrect in that case. It happens. They get your results mixed with someone elses or someone screws something up.

Again, none of this means that you aren't ovulating, we're just trying to explain why it doesn't seem super likely from our end.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mandyp85 View Post
    I'm not sure if with the opks they just don't register hcg at higher levels. If I took one now (I'm nearly 28 weeks pregnant) I don't know if it would show negative or not. They are complicated things to work out really. I think thats probably the best thing to do, stick with every 4 days, that way you are covered just in case you do ovulate. It sounds like the opks are just stressing you out too much. Next time I sway I will not be using them, it did my stress levels no good as I was obsessing (which I didn't even realise at the time). I hope things work out for you.
    The way that it works with the OPK is that it measures a certain component that the HCG tests measure better, so you won't get a positive on that till after you'd already get a positive on a pregnancy test. So if a person's getting negatives on pregnancy tests and positives on OPK that usually means ovulation, not pregnancy, but the spanner in the works is that people do get positive OPK sometimes without ovulating OR being pregnant.

OPK tests are crappy, unreliable and frustrating but unfortunately they're the best technology we have for pinpointing that surge.

9. Likes mandyp85 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmmmm I'm not sure about that. I only had 6.6 on Monday. I have been taking OPKs prior to that and they have all been negative. Wouldn't they have showed positive when there was more HCG in my system.

The clear blue monitor measured two different hormones (why you have to use FMU I think). So I find it weird that that was positive for ovulation this morning. And the Ewcm.
    Re the EWCM - that is hormones, not ovulation. You can get it at times when you're not actually ovulating. I had a false ovulation one time when breastfeeding and I had gobs of it but I never ovulated. :/

We're not trying to argue with you at all I just want you to understand why it seems a slim-ish chance to us. Doesn't mean it can't be, just that I would want you to continue testing and having attempts to cover in case it isn't.

11. Thanks Dreamingofpinkafter2blue thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks! I don't really feel stressed by the OPKs. My problem is I always ovulate late and measure large on my first trimester ultrasounds, so it's like personally important for me to know when I ovulated because they always want to induce me. I just hate arguing with the doctors so I just would want an accurate due date.

The problem with the advanced clear blue monitor, is once you get the blinky smiley face, it won't let you put another stick in. It won't give you another blinky in a row. Now, I have another one from an old pack so maybe I will use that tomorrow and just see what is happening.

Thank you both for your help. I'm not trying to be pushy. I've never gotten false positives on OPKs before so this is new to me and also my first MC. Trying to make sense of it all.
    Last edited by Dreamingofpinkafter2blue; December 2nd, 2015 at 09:17 PM.

13. Likes mandyp85 liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok thanks! I don't really feel stressed by the OPKs. My problem is I always ovulate late and measure large on my first trimester ultrasounds, so it's like personally important for me to know when I ovulated because they always want to induce me. I just hate arguing with the doctors so I just would want an accurate due date.

The problem with the advanced clear blue monitor, is once you get the blinky smiley face, it won't let you out another stick in. It won't give you another blinky in a row. Now, I have another one from an old pack so maybe I will use that tomorrow and just see what is happening.

Thank you both for your help. I'm not trying to be pushy. I've never gotten false positives on OPKs before so this is new to me and also my first MC. Trying to make sense of it all.
    Bless you, our bodies are strange and wonderful things and also very complicated so its no wonder you are trying to make sense of it. I only know what I have read on here, I didn't know much about it either but the ladies on here are fab and really know their stuff. Good luck hun, I hope everything works out for you.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast