Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A little advice please!

Last night we did our first attempt on CD 10. He had been abstaining & now we're planning to FR (opposite of our other pregnancies). Last night I did sudafed, lime douche before, propped hips & kept checking. I had almost no cm so checking was a pain & I was almost always between 5-6, I kept up with the small lime injections for 4 hours and went to bed. Today I was still in that 5-6 range so I got replens & rephresh, I used a pea sized amount of replens & at last check I was still at a 5. I've had 4 bottles of CL today & had my cranberry. What do you think I should do at this point? And for tonight's BD what should my step by step before and after be?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Seems like you are doing old school sway techniques that are no longer recommended. Atomic does not recommend Sudafed for any women as it is unsafe and no one is doing lime douche any more as PH theory has been debunked. I would recommend BD every 4 days days and ditching all antihistamines, douches, Rephresh/Replens, and cm checking. All those things seem to prevent conception. Keep it simple with what works: one attempt in the fertile period by BD every 4 days, LE diet, cardio for 60 minutes a day OR couch potato, fiber with meals, and daily caffeine and alcohol. Good luck!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush, Sweetplum liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Seems like you are doing old school sway techniques that are no longer recommended. Atomic does not recommend Sudafed for any women as it is unsafe and no one is doing lime douche any more as PH theory has been debunked. I would recommend BD every 4 days days and ditching all antihistamines, douches, Rephresh/Replens, and cm checking. All those things seem to prevent conception. Keep it simple with what works: one attempt in the fertile period by BD every 4 days, LE diet, cardio for 60 minutes a day OR couch potato, fiber with meals, and daily caffeine and alcohol. Good luck!
    I've had a hard time because I started on IG and then found this site but felt like I was already in the trenches of the old sway so just continued for my first attempt, but after being so confused by rephresh and replens came back here because the information is SO MUCH EASIER to understand and presented in a way that actually makes sense (including grammar & spelling) I think I'm going to start testing every 4 hours until smiley & then dtd & again at 48 hours (is that recommended still? I saw it somewhere in an atomic post). I'm trying to get pregnant as soon as possible & have lost 7 lbs in the last month since the holidays so hopefully that'll help me.

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Kmomofthree liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started on IG too and switched over here about 6 weeks ago. I agree with what you say, it is hard to change the way of thinking!

Our attempt was last night. Fingers crossed for us both!
    (2009) (2011) (2013)

It's another sweet

My sway- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

BFP 2/24 at 8 dpo
    EDD - November 7 2016

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I started on IG too and switched over here about 6 weeks ago. I agree with what you say, it is hard to change the way of thinking!

Our attempt was last night. Fingers crossed for us both!
    (2009) (2011) (2013)

It's another sweet

My sway- http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

BFP 2/24 at 8 dpo
    EDD - November 7 2016

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes good luck to you too Kmomofthree!!
    Miles 2006 Felix 2012 Leo 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For BD, it's recommend that you have only one attempt in your fertile women. To do that, most are either BD every 4 days from the end of AF past the latest you've ever O'd or BD once AT +opk. Don't BD again after 48 hours as that would be 2 attempts in your fertile window which is a little more boy friendly (and how I got both my boys). If you want to BD again after your +opk attempt, then do so after 4 days. This will ensure one attempt in your fertile window and cover you in case you ended up O'ing late.
    Last edited by essnce629; January 18th, 2016 at 02:38 PM.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes aholt liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So we had one release when AF ended (to check his pH for IG swaying) and then CD10, I would say it was 4 maybe 5 days between the two releases. I am going to try again on CD14, which should be the day before O. I will do another attempt for CD18 just in case of late O. Phew, I think I got it. Between the two sites, the amount of conflicting information is just insane, it's hard to know what's going on, but like I said, I am definitely preferring what I've read here.

Thanks for your help!!

13. Likes essnce629, maidentomother liked this post
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    another quick question, with the 4 day schedule, DH should abstain during those 4 days, right?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by aholt View Post
    another quick question, with the 4 day schedule, DH should abstain during those 4 days, right?
    No, it doesn't matter. He can do what he wants.
    Oct 2014

16. Likes maidentomother liked this post
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast