Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic - advice needed please.

Hi I have been trying for a girl for the last 6 months doing one attempt at positive OPK but I can't seem to get pregnant so this months I decided to try something different to help improve my chances of conception. What should I do? I still want to sway so I was thinking maybe we can have sex every second day from the day my period finishes to post Ovulation, if I do that I'm a swaying boy without even realizing?
    Can someone please give me a suggestion on what to do if one attempt is not working. Hubby is 37 and I'm 36 so I shouldn't be having this much trouble conceiving.
    Thanks heaps ladies

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't do every other day, very blue friendly! I would do either every 4 days or every 3 days. If you've truly only been doing ONE attempt sll cycle for 6 cycles with no luck, I wonder that maybe you are Oing later than you think. So I'd try 1 cycle of every 4 days first, then go to every 3 days. Make sure you BD ALL CYCLE LONG, from just after (or during, if you don't mind) AF until your next AF arrives, to make sure you don't miss O and to keep sperm healthy,

How long are your cycles?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Don't do every other day, very blue friendly! I would do either every 4 days or every 3 days. If you've truly only been doing ONE attempt sll cycle for 6 cycles with no luck, I wonder that maybe you are Oing later than you think. So I'd try 1 cycle of every 4 days first, then go to every 3 days. Make sure you BD ALL CYCLE LONG, from just after (or during, if you don't mind) AF until your next AF arrives, to make sure you don't miss O and to keep sperm healthy,

How long are your cycles?
    Sorry to but in Girlfriend but is BDing everyday also in boy territory Maiden?Or if dh frequent releases once a day and we bd once that same day from af-o? I'm just curious as I read atomic said that it was the extremes that sway girl. Would twice a day be considered extreme? Our boys were one hit wonders but no idea on timing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would just BD every 4 days starting when AF ends. Maybe you have a long surge and don't O for 3+ days after your positive opk. I've gotten 5+ days of positive opks before when using overly sensitive tests and the sperm would definitely be dead by the time O happened if I just BD once at +opk.
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My cycles vary every months which makes it even more confusing last few cycles where 31, 30 days but the month that just passed my cycle was only 27 days. So I'm assuming if I count back 14 days I ovulated on day 13?
    What I have tried to do it have sex on day 10 of my cycle and then wait until a positive before I had sex again. Some months I had sex on day 14, others months on day 16. But it obviously has not worked for me. I'm starting to suspect that I don't actually ovulate until 48 hours after a positive and that's why I'm not getting pregnant so I was even thinking to have sex the day after a positive (when the stick turns to negative again) but then I was worried would I be swaying boy by having sex so close to Ovulatin?
    Also should hubby be releasing everyday just not inside me to reduce sperm count or only every 4/3 days when we r having sex?
    Thanks so much for everyone's help.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway, BDing on O doesn't sway. You can't just count back 14 days from AF to calculate O, it doesn't work that way. Not everyone has a 14 day LP. Without temping you can't know when you Oed. I often have 28 day cycles but I O around CD18. I think you are Oing late too.

I wouldn't have DH release any extra, unless he wants to. It doesn't matter that much either way, just stick to attempts E4D.

2ODellboys, extremes may TEND to sway but that doesn't mean they will sway for YOU. BD every day is very blue friendly, don't do it! Just bc you got boys from one attempt does NOT mean 1 attempt sways blue. It just means your diet and lifestyle were blue enough to compensate. Don't try to do everything opposite from when you got your boys, just focus on doing what we know works.
    Last edited by maidentomother; March 10th, 2016 at 07:53 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Thanks 2ODellboys, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Maiden! That is what my instincts were saying but this damn boy mum tendency is making me second guess and obsess. Girlfriend just FYI but my normal cycle is 27days and I have o'd on Cd17 for the last 2 cycles and it is now cd12 in this cycle with no sign of it anytime soon. Hope that helps! We are all so different! Good luck x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can you tell me everything ELSE you're doing??

Please do not have sex every other day. Either do every 3 days or every 4 days plus one attempt at positive OPK and not every other day. Not only may it sway blue, but it isn't great odds of conception either.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ODellboys View Post
    Sorry to but in Girlfriend but is BDing everyday also in boy territory Maiden?Or if dh frequent releases once a day and we bd once that same day from af-o? I'm just curious as I read atomic said that it was the extremes that sway girl. Would twice a day be considered extreme? Our boys were one hit wonders but no idea on timing.

Do one attempt at pos OPK, e4d, or e3d if you're really desperate. DO NOT do every day or every other day. It's too unreliable and too hard to stick with and lots of practical considerations (such as, if something happens and DH can't DTD for a day or two you end up back in "boy zone")

11. Likes 2ODellboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you aren't getting pregnant then hubby needs to drop the daily release FIRST before you try ading attempts!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast