Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OLE in Australia - different to other countries?

Hi Atomic, I'm sure we covered this back in March last year but just want to clarify the ole dosage for what we can get in Australia as we have such an apparent higher level than other countries? I'll add photos of what I've been buying dh. He's been taking one tablet pretty much daily since march 2015. He actually likes taking it as he says he has little to no joint pain anymore and hasn't gotten a bad cold in nearly a year (would usually get several) Our tablets here state 3g which is triple the 1g max recommended dose on here but our dosages must be different somehow as they recommend taking up to 5/6 of these during a cold!!! Also do you think there is a chance that dh taking ole for so long could be decreasing his fertility? I was thinking of cutting all his tablets in half just in case lol but thought I'd ask first. I went to close to 12 different chemists last year and this was the lowest dose I could get..... I know this has probably been asked by a hundred other australian women so apologies in advance that you'll very likely be repeating yourself yet again to answer mine.uploadfromtaptalk1454126234245.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454126249037.jpg
    Last edited by Pbn3; January 30th, 2016 at 12:50 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH is on that one too, although I have no idea how often he remembers to take it!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

3. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Have him take 1 capsule 3x a week.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks maiden. Do you think there's a chance its been lowering his fertility? He'd been taking them for approx 12 weeks before we started ttc June last year and it's just had me wondering if this may have contributed (even minorly) to our struggle to conceive? Oh and the reason I was going to halve them is because I thought it would be easier for him to take half dose daily rather than trying to remember when he took one last lol but as you said they are capsules not tablets and it clearly states that on the bottle - champion duh moment for me!
    Last edited by Pbn3; January 30th, 2016 at 02:40 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not just OLE, it's SP and a couple other things too. The Aus. dose seems astronomically higher to such an extent I wonder if they use some different measurement or something but have never been able to get a straight answer from anyone.

I would reduce them to 3x a week. We have the least amount of experience with OLE and when in doubt, if you're not conceiving, let's start trying to mix it up a bit.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbn3 View Post
    Thanks maiden. Do you think there's a chance its been lowering his fertility? He'd been taking them for approx 12 weeks before we started ttc June last year and it's just had me wondering if this may have contributed (even minorly) to our struggle to conceive? Oh and the reason I was going to halve them is because I thought it would be easier for him to take half dose daily rather than trying to remember when he took one last lol but as you said they are capsules not tablets and it clearly states that on the bottle - champion duh moment for me!
    I think there's always a chance and let's cut back to see.

remember there's no magic to 3x a week, let's say he forgets and takes 2 one wek and 4 another week, it all shakes out in the end. Our bodies aren't so exacting like that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dh happy to cut down to 3 x week for ole but has asked if he can then take glucosamine and fish oil daily as well. Will attach pic of ingredients, will this be ok? Not sure if this affects fertility whatsoever so thought I'd check. Thank you uploadfromtaptalk1454200976519.jpguploadfromtaptalk1454200988292.jpg

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's the exact same Ole I bought for my hubby too, but he keeps forgetting to take them. He was taking one a day in the beginning.
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

13. Likes Pbn3 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hubby says he sometimes forgets a day or two so he hasn't been taking them every day. He only started in October though.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mine also started in October
    2004: 2011

Dreaming of pink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast