Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What is considered alot of CM and EWCM?

Hi there

Strange question im sure - I have seen some posts about having 'loads', or 'lots' of CM especially EWCM leading up to or on the day of O. Im just curious what 'alot' is?

Im the same each cycle. AF for 5 days then DRY for CD6-CD11 followed by transparent CM for few days and then i get ovarian pain and ONE day of once off EWCM around CD14/15 - very next day DRY till AFF begins.. (sorry tmi)

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me it means I'm dripping wet, having to wear a panty liner or otherwise soak through my panties, wipe several times etc. It can be copious watery CM or EWCM. I do also have days with a lot of creamy CM especially since swaying. I have very rarely had lots of watery/EWCM while swaying. But I had days of it before I went on the LE diet.

My exact CM pattern changes a lot from cycle to cycle but pre swaying I'd have at least a week of W/EWCM prior to O and now I most often have just 2-3 days with only a little EWCM and various amounts of creamy CM the rest of the time. I'm only dry for a few days after AF ends (CD4-CD8 or so), and that hasn't changed since swaying.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    For me it means I'm dripping wet, having to wear a panty liner or otherwise soak through my panties, wipe several times etc. It can be copious watery CM or EWCM. I do also have days with a lot of creamy CM especially since swaying. I have very rarely had lots of watery/EWCM while swaying. But I had days of it before I went on the LE diet.

My exact CM pattern changes a lot from cycle to cycle but pre swaying I'd have at least a week of W/EWCM prior to O and now I most often have just 2-3 days with only a little EWCM and various amounts of creamy CM the rest of the time. I'm only dry for a few days after AF ends (CD4-CD8 or so), and that hasn't changed since swaying.
    Ah - thanks for your reply maidentomother, you are always around when i need you
    Ok, so i can totally say i do not have that dripping wet feeling, i dont think i ever have. I only have the one day of EWCM and that is a wet day for me but its bearable. Thanks for sharing. Im 39 so i dont think my CM is about to change. Lol! I think another reason why i was wondering was if it were necessary to take antihistamine as i see some ladies do that to dry themselves up but i dont think its necessary for me - or is there another need for antihistamine that i dont know about?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not recommend using an antihistamine in your case, based on your amount of CM and your age. You do need SOME fertile CM generally in order to conceive so AHs should really only be used if you have a lot. Many if not most swayers who have been on the diet don't have that problem though. And yes that is the only reason to take an AH.

I have been TTC without a BFP for almost 4 years, 12 cycles while full on swaying, and atomic thinks my heavy AH use (up until last cycle) may be a factor. I was taking them for allergies, not swaying. Now I'm trying to use them as little as possible,

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was thinking about taking AHs b/c of the high amount of CM I normally have. I thought I would for sure need them to dry up a bit. Like maiden said, I would be wet to the point of having to change my underwear. However, being on the diet for a little over a month has dried me up considerably.
    I agree with maiden, I wouldn't bother with AHs in your case at all. It would likely lower your chances of conception way too much.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Use your own experiences as a baseline, not anyone elses.

If you have loads of EWCM you know it!! AAAA!! Someone once said "like birthing a jellyfish" and I think that's a decent description.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes GlitterMouse, honeybee37 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    Ah - thanks for your reply maidentomother, you are always around when i need you
    Ok, so i can totally say i do not have that dripping wet feeling, i dont think i ever have. I only have the one day of EWCM and that is a wet day for me but its bearable. Thanks for sharing. Im 39 so i dont think my CM is about to change. Lol! I think another reason why i was wondering was if it were necessary to take antihistamine as i see some ladies do that to dry themselves up but i dont think its necessary for me - or is there another need for antihistamine that i dont know about?
    At 39 I wouldn't give it to you as anything more than rescue method only (that is just ONE dose, on day of attempt only) and then only if you aren't using alcohol as a sway tactic.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Maidentomother - Makes total sense - i only take them every now and again for hayfever and wheezing/tight chest. Ive never known it to dry up CM so i didnt take notice if it did or did not but fortunately im a few months away from ttc. I will deffo not be using them while ttc especially after what you have mentioned.

Beau82 - thanks for your feedback and input, much appreciated
    Last edited by squigglepink; February 27th, 2016 at 05:46 PM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Use your own experiences as a baseline, not anyone elses.

If you have loads of EWCM you know it!! AAAA!! Someone once said "like birthing a jellyfish" and I think that's a decent description.
    LOL - i dont recall ever giving birth to a jellyfish, so i now know the difference, thank you!!
    Im not using alcohol as a sway tactic - i drink anyway. (so perhaps that would mean i would be) My DH and i have always had wine at night. I would say we have a bottle between us and he sometimes has a beer or two. What does rescue method mean? Not sure ive read up on that yet..

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rescue method is just ONE dose, on day of attempt only.

If you drink all the time you can prob. handle it just fine. I am a regular drinker and have had alcohol and antihistamine the same day with no ill effects. It's just that I cannot have people who have never had alcohol and also have never had antihistamine, taking them both together and then trying to care for children or driving somewhere becasue the combo can make people very drowsy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast