Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think cranberry and OLE are great for guys, individually, but atomic does not recommend taking both together. OLE is getting better results so I'd go with that.

LR is at your discretion. I probably wouldn't buy another bottle for your DH, and I'd have him drop it before then (if applicable), if you try for 3 cycles with no BFP. Maybe even sooner depending on what else you're doing to sway.
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 17th, 2016 at 04:42 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Miss Gabby, thanks for patience, this one sneaked by me.

While I personally think cal-mag sway blue, and cranberry is unsafe and does not work, and hence I recommend none, I understand that some people aren't ready to give up those yet. Use at your own discretion.

Do not ever have hubby abstain more than 10 days. It isn't safe, and our stats show abstain does little to nothing to help anyway so is not worth the risk. 7-10 days max.

Timing doesn't sway and most of us on this site have 2,3,4 or more timing opposites. It is fine if you want to include it but please no loner than 2-3 day cutoff (longer than that and you reduce odds of conception too far.) Science against timing is here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html
    WE use a different diet that is easier to stick to and you can read more about that here. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...l-version.html

Alcohol and coffee have been shown definitively in our statistics both to be outstanding pink sway tactics, regardless of what they claim on other sites. If those things swayed blue in any way (even a little) we would not be getting 75-80% with them over the course o years. Both of them are fine for you and also for DH.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    RE LR and bad results...

recently, LR has had bad results. The first couple years of the site, however, it was among our best sway tactics (75% for a good two years if not longer) I don't know what is going on with the LR but I am not willing to give up on it just yet and do still recommend it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss gabby View Post
    Ok ��
    We did frequent release with out boys so that's why I was aiming to abstain.
    What's the reason behind less supps? I find the info conflicting
    That is because IG bases their recommendations on "science" (some of it is extremely sketchy, like done in frogs and sponges that do not even reproduce in the same way humans do) done 50 years or longer ago before they had the same level of technology we do now, and we use the newest research and our own experiences. Many of us got BOYS taking cal, mag, cranberry, so it's easy for us to give up on it (and additionally cranberry has some health risks as well). IF you want to keep doing them, it is up to you, and I would follow your gut instincts there. Just be sure NOT to do the Vit. D, probiotics, or the B6, those have seemed to REALLY sway blue and we don't use them at all.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I think cranberry and OLE are great for guys, individually, but atomic does not recommend taking both together. OLE is getting better results so I'd go with that.

LR is at your discretion. I probably wouldn't buy another bottle for your DH, and I'd have him drop it before then (if applicable), if you try for 3 cycles with no BFP. Maybe even sooner depending on what else you're doing to sway.
    Cranberry vs. OLE - I do not use these in the same groups of people. I use cranberry for men who are young and in good health with high sperm count and not on other medications. I use OLE for older, less healthy men, some on medications, some with bad sperm health. You CANNOT compare cranberry and OLE in our results because young men in good health with high sperm count may be coming into swaying with a higher chance of blue to start with and I do not think the statistics are reliable. Over time, more and more people will use OLE even at younger ages and if hte numbers stay high, then I will start to believe OLE is better. As it sits now I am not sold on this and thus consider OLE to be a bit experimental.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    Hi miss gabby, how long did fr for with your boys? Was it 7-10 days prior to just ONE attempt at +OPK? Im asking because we are planning on doing fr to sway girl

thanks
    This is a good question because a lot of people say they did FR but they didn't really.

FR is 7-10 days of husband release NOT INSIDE before having one unprotected attempt. It is NOT DTD every other day, it's not 3 attempts around O, it is not hubby skipping a day every couple of days, it's not anything other than having 7-10 days of release before 1 unprotected attempt

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee37 View Post
    Maiden - I have been having DH take licorice root based on the Ttc pink booklet I purchased when I joined. Is this no longer recommended then?
    I still recommend LR please read above comments.

The stats go up and down and all around and we're looking at overall trends.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Cranberry vs. OLE - I do not use these in the same groups of people. I use cranberry for men who are young and in good health with high sperm count and not on other medications. I use OLE for older, less healthy men, some on medications, some with bad sperm health. You CANNOT compare cranberry and OLE in our results because young men in good health with high sperm count may be coming into swaying with a higher chance of blue to start with and I do not think the statistics are reliable. Over time, more and more people will use OLE even at younger ages and if hte numbers stay high, then I will start to believe OLE is better. As it sits now I am not sold on this and thus consider OLE to be a bit experimental.
    Hi Attomic
    Wanted to ask you something on above - what would you consider as old? My DH is 38. Would he fall into the OLE category? He is healthy, healthy sperm count and not on meds. OR should we consider cranberry for him. Or nothing - which is his current intake.

Many thanks
    Last edited by squigglepink; February 27th, 2016 at 02:08 PM.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

9. Thanks GlitterMouse thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squigglepink View Post
    Hi Attomic
    Wanted to ask you something on above - what would you consider as old? My DH is 38. Would he fall into the OLE category? He is healthy, healthy sperm count and not on meds. OR should we consider cranberry for him. Or nothing - which is his current intake.

Many thanks
    Yes I would use OLE for him.

11. Thanks GlitterMouse thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Attomic

Quick one - im back to thinking about supps for DH again... As per above post im thinking yes..

Although below (as per your feedback) im thinking no.. Im confused but not sure if its worth being confused over because possibly a redundant supp for DH.. Would he benefit regardless of swaying? Its not a cheapie product over here!

"I am not totally sold on OLE. I know the stats look good for swaying but please understand that our stats are not a scientific study, and two different groups of people are using the OLE vs. not using it. I give OLE to older men or those on certian medications or with poor sperm health and NOT the general population. I have reason to believe those men may be coming into swaying more "set" for pink than the general population to begin with and thus I am not fully sold that the OLE is really as good as it appears.

The only reason why we ever started to investigate OLE is because a doctor was on here for a while in the early days of the site and claimed to get good results with gender splits with IVF pregnancies (more XX than XY). I have seen many people take it for that purpose and to me it seems about 50-50 and while some people did seem to see improvements on it, others didn't, and it all seems well within the range of luck to my eye. But it doesn't seem to sway blue, so I started using it for swaying among those who can't do cranberry. That's all. No stronger info or scientific support than that"

I dont want to gamble and im happy to leave supps out for DH especially if doesnt seem to sway blue, but possibility still exists.

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast