Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ovulation and cutoff

Hi, me again

Is ovulation obvious to pin point? Is your peak fertile when we have EWCM and more than likely ovulation?? - because with me, i usually go through all the CM stages and end off with the EWCM (one day after a [positive OPK) and go completely dry until my AF starts..

My cut off question for ttc girl - We are planning on DH fr for 7-10 days and then one attempt at 3 days prior to ovulation (missionary, shallow penetration and no Big O for me).. im so nervous about doing it so close to ovulation because that resulted in boys for me both times. I do understand that this may result in no pregnancy at all.. but im willing to atleast start there and move closer to ovulation should we get a BFN at first attempt. Has anyone else ttc girl successfully this way?

Thanks for any feedback x

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway but having just one attempt in the fertile period does. I would advise to forget about a cutoff amd just BD when you get your first OPK+

Did you have several attempts around ovulation for your boys?

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm still struggling to get over the idea that timing doesn't sway... Read so much that says it does and both my boys were conceived the day before ovulation!

With regards ovulation, I ovulate on the last day of EWCM, usually I have three or four days of it. This month we had our attempt on the first day of EWCM and typically I ended up having six days of it so we were way out!

Are you using OPKs? I struggle with them.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was using opks but the cheap ebay ones didn't work that well for me. I can normally tell when I'm actually ovulating because I get ovulation pain.

Maybe you could try every 4 days if the opks dont work for you. This will give you 1 attempt in the fertile period.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Purple, yes I think next cycle we will definitely try e4d. Do you think it reduces the chance of pink? This month I was so upset that I ovulated way later than expected! I am wondering if Vitex has messed things up so I'm stopping that (goodness knows when that will mean I ovulate next month though....)
    Squiggle pink, are you taking any supps?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi honeybee - im only taking folic acid. I was considering Cranberry - but after hours and hours of reading through the threads i dont think i will take it. Im actually not sure what to do re supps?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi purple - not many attempts for my boys no. We were not swaying for either of them. After learning more about swaying however, i can confirm we were deffo more boy diet then . Im very fertile and my hubby is too. I somehow feel the need to do opposite of what we did with our boys - starting with diet.. i deffo think fl will help us. Just VERY unsure on timing due to all the conflicting info out there.. even with the fact its been debunked.. still tempting after two boys

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi purple - forgot to mention i always ovulate the next day after +OPK - this is whats making me nervous

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yea honeybee - same boat re boys and ovulation... and i was deffo boy diet at the time and deep penetration and and and.. all the boy stuff by the sounds of it!! Hence i also feel safer doing one attempt few days before O then if BFN i can bring it closer to O next cycle. Really is a tough one... wish it didnt bother me so much!!
    I only have EWCM on one day which is the day i ovulate along with ovulation pain. After couple ours pain gone and im dry!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think diet plays a big role as well as how often you eat. I snacked all the time when my boys were conceived.

If you have some time then try having your attempt a few days before. If it doesn't work then bring it closer to O. Just try not to get too caught up on the timing good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast