Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's freezing here but today is a nice day, mostly blue sky which is good for my area. And I'm up so early, I really have no excuse not to try today...

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We have snow here today. But planning on going for a big walk! I find walking in the snow to be more tiring so hopefully will give me a good cardio workout.

Will prob fall by the time I reach the end of my street haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybee37 View Post
    Yep I've been going in the garage with four layers and gloves and hat on! Def should warm up soon I hope.
    Haha that's me too! I've been swaying over a year now with a three month gap in between so it has become a lot easier. (I find the diet a lot harder work for me personally.). I speed walk on the treadmill 6 days a week and have Sunday off. I cycled in the summer which I'll probably do again if I'm still swaying and I've also tried doing the dance games on the wii. I take my iPad into the garage and watch tv on it while I'm walking so I'm not really thinking about what I'm doing. I'm lucky because I don't have any little ones to worry about as my youngest is 14!

5 HT cycles all BFN

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Barre/ballet would sway blue IMO, as would treadmill every other day. I would be sure to do 60 min every single day on the treadmill, if possible! You don't have to drop the barre class if you do that.

I would really like to start exercising again. If I do it will just be 90-120 minutes brisk walking for 6w to prevent injury, then I'd switch to running for part of the time, working up to running it all the full time gradually. Maybe I'll add in pilates and or yoga once I have a good cardio foundation. I definitely will need motivation in the early days!
    I think I can add cardio to the days I have my Barre class. Does anyone know if we are suppose to up our calories if we are working out every day? Right now I am running 35 minutes and walking 25 minutes on the treadmill, but I would like to work my way up to running the whole 60 minutes. If I do this, I will be burning 800-900 calories.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I think more calories are ok if you are exercising 6-7 days per week. Especially if you don't have a lot of weight to lose.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    Yes I think more calories are ok if you are exercising 6-7 days per week. Especially if you don't have a lot of weight to lose.
    Good to know. I'm 5'3" and 110lbs, so not a lot of weight lose.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by afrevert23 View Post
    I think I can add cardio to the days I have my Barre class. Does anyone know if we are suppose to up our calories if we are working out every day? Right now I am running 35 minutes and walking 25 minutes on the treadmill, but I would like to work my way up to running the whole 60 minutes. If I do this, I will be burning 800-900 calories.
    Yes, you do need more cals if exercising but do NOT go by what you think you burned, it doesn't work that way and you can't eat that many extra cals. You'd eat 200-500 more cals depending on your pre activity required cals, current height and weight etc and how much you've exercising. A 100 lb 5'3" woman might be at 1000 cals without cardio, 1500 if running 1-2 hours a day. But a different 100 lb 5'3" woman might need less if she has a slower metabolism. People burn up cals at widely different rates.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

8. Likes afrevert23 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Keep up the good work ladies! Let me know if you want me to sticky this for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Beautifulrainbow thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I want you guys to let weight loss be your guide here and NOT calories. If you're losing weight too fast (and this can vary) or cannot spare any more weight, up cals till weight loss stops. Don't worry about staying in LE Diet guidelines if you weigh 98 lbs, you HAVE TO STOP the weight loss.

The exercise has seemed more effective than the cal limits so I think that until data shows otherwise the right thing to do is exercise and eat more cals.

But DON'T sit around making calculations about "I burned X amount so I need to eat Y cals to lose weight at Z lbs a week" because trust me, as someone who's been thru about every iteration of diet and exercise over the past 3 decades, that doesn't WORK. It isn't the way they make it sound like some kind of simple algebra equation and I have many times, not lost weight eating barely anything and been very fit and slim eating 3000 cals a day :/

12. Likes afrevert23, 2lovelyboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    Hi guys!

What type of exercise is everyone doing? I have been using my exercise bike but getting so bored with it now.

Weather is so bad just now, can't even get outside to go walks or anything.

Was thinking of trying some cardio videos from YouTube, anyone got any good recommendations?

I will have a look tonight and post any good ones that I come across x
    I have really been enjoying Pop Sugar exercise videos on You Tube. They do have musclebuilding ones to sift thru but there are at least a couple of dancy ones (which I have not tried because I am a klutz and not swaying pink so I want to build muscle.) Another thing to do is go ahead with the muscle building ones but do not use weights.

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast