Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My example was not aimed at afrevert! I just happened to pick those numbers. I hadn't read the last post.

I do generally recommend starting at higher cals then reducing them after a week or two if gaining weight, bc too many slender women lose weight too fast. Most slender women doing daily cardio should start at 1800 cals. 2000 if slender AND tall. I wouldn't start under 1800 if doing cardio. I just wanted to give an example of someone needing a 500 cal increase due to cardio. Another, better example would be a tall, slender woman with a fast metabolism running a lot; she might go from 1500 to 2000 cals.
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 17th, 2016 at 03:23 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

2. Thanks Beautifulrainbow thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I want you guys to let weight loss be your guide here and NOT calories. If you're losing weight too fast (and this can vary) or cannot spare any more weight, up cals till weight loss stops. Don't worry about staying in LE Diet guidelines if you weigh 98 lbs, you HAVE TO STOP the weight loss.

The exercise has seemed more effective than the cal limits so I think that until data shows otherwise the right thing to do is exercise and eat more cals.

But DON'T sit around making calculations about "I burned X amount so I need to eat Y cals to lose weight at Z lbs a week" because trust me, as someone who's been thru about every iteration of diet and exercise over the past 3 decades, that doesn't WORK. It isn't the way they make it sound like some kind of simple algebra equation and I have many times, not lost weight eating barely anything and been very fit and slim eating 3000 cals a day :/
    Yes. You can't know your metabolic rate and no calculator can determine it for you. So eat enough and don't lose weight if you're already slim. When in doubt, eat more to begin with.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

4. Thanks Beautifulrainbow thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I have really been enjoying Pop Sugar exercise videos on You Tube. They do have musclebuilding ones to sift thru but there are at least a couple of dancy ones (which I have not tried because I am a klutz and not swaying pink so I want to build muscle.) Another thing to do is go ahead with the muscle building ones but do not use weights.
    Oooh will look that one up.

I just did clubby dance one - I felt ridiculous. My 2 year old was sitting on the sofa watching me, obviously thinking wtf!

Will try zumba also x
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

6. Likes Beautifulrainbow liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been speed walking/ running on the treadmill 6 days a week, 70 minutes. Vegetarian diet. Hoping to do 1 day of zumba and 5 days of running. What is helping me is this: 3 days of exercise 1 day off and 3 days of exercise in a week. It breaks it up so it's not so bad. Hoping eventually I can run 30-40 min nonstop and work my way up to running the whole 60 minutes. Will take some time. Ladies we can do this!

8. Thanks Beautifulrainbow thanked for this post
    Likes GlitterMouse liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I must get up and work out on my bike early this morning, I have a friend coming over by 10.30am, so must crack on and have my hour done and showered by the time she arrives, only problem is I'm still trying to will myself to get out of bed!
    (Come on get up!) I know I will feel more energetic after!

I was stuck at 137lbs since before Xmas, Im finally budged under that mark, I have lost 2lbs in a week and a half now down to 135lbs ideal body weight for me is 121lbs so will not be getting anywhere near 89lbs

Hubby is home today, he has some days off because he will be losing his job soon! So I don't have to feel guilty about leaving my boys downstairs watching tv!
    Last edited by Beautifulrainbow; February 18th, 2016 at 02:53 AM.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I join too? I could do with the support/motivation!

This thread made me giggle! I too am a UK garage exerciser. I got DH to put a telly up in there so I can watch it whilst on the treadmill. I'm trying to kid myself that it is 'me time' without my boys!!

Agree, the cold weather during this week's half term holiday has been soooo off putting where exercise is concerned! I am also an advocate of the four layers, parka, fleece gloves and hat and then fling things off as I go!

Dug out an old Rosemary Conley DVD and just did the cardio bits the other night. Been walking like a penguin ever since!! Blimey, it was a killer! I almost want to go back on the treadmill!

11. Likes Beautifulrainbow liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterMouse View Post
    Can I join too? I could do with the support/motivation!

This thread made me giggle! I too am a UK garage exerciser. I got DH to put a telly up in there so I can watch it whilst on the treadmill. I'm trying to kid myself that it is 'me time' without my boys!!

Agree, the cold weather during this week's half term holiday has been soooo off putting where exercise is concerned! I am also an advocate of the four layers, parka, fleece gloves and hat and then fling things off as I go!

Dug out an old Rosemary Conley DVD and just did the cardio bits the other night. Been walking like a penguin ever since!! Blimey, it was a killer! I almost want to go back on the treadmill!

Everyone welcome and you don't have to be in the uk!
    welcome to you glitter mouse you just made me giggle too!
    When I do an hour on my bike my bottom hurts and I get what my hubby likes to call "the John Wayne walk"
    Why can't it be all down to the men to sway! Lol!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How has everyone else done today?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Currently on the exercise bike! Watching 'making a murderer' on Netflix to get me through. Haha X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (2010)

(2013)

(2017)

Surprise due (2020)

15. Likes GlitterMouse liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennypenny View Post
    Currently on the exercise bike! Watching 'making a murderer' on Netflix to get me through. Haha X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wtg jennypenny keep going

Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast