Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Anyone got their desired gender on - myo-inositol Inositol Pregnacare

*My title should say Pregnitude not Pregnacare !*

Have been on Metformin for some months now.
    Dieting & Losing Weight, also doing 'Walk away the Lbs' daily (about 45minutes of walking workout on youtube)

All was going well, until the day before yesterday, I started being sick and had the most painful belly ache in the evening.
    We'd BD this month, so I hoped if it could be early pregnancy symptoms.
    Unfortunately I got even worse yesterday morning, went to the Dr's office and he sent me immediately to hospital.
    They suspected Lactic Acidosis, tests showed that my levels were slightly raised.
    So they took me off Met, and this afternoon when they discharged me and after missing 4 doses of Met I was back in acceptable range.
    I'm so glad that I went to the Dr's, I only did it to get a pregnancy blood test (as the pee one at home was negative).

I asked what am I supposed to do without Metformin (I have so much weight still to lose as am over 30BMI) and the consultant at the hospital said there have been good results with less side effects with myo-inositol.
    Which begs the question, why put people on Metformin in the first place? He replied that Metformin has had more research but is still 'off label' for PCOS.

I have been searching and reading through the forum here, I see it mentioned in the form of Inositol, and pregnitude.
    What I don't see if anyone for their desired gender whilst taking it.
    Would love to hear from anyone with their experience.
    Last edited by MrsSparkles; February 16th, 2016 at 11:39 AM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Metformin makes drs/pharm companies money; you can't patent a supplement like inositol. Plus they work differently, Met reduces glucose production by the liver while inositol improves insulin receptor binding and the resultant chain of signaling events. Both treatments may not work for everyone as a result and they aren't interchangeable.

I think Pregnitude myoinositol is great for confimed PCOS swayers. We have had several PCOS/PCOS tendencies pink swayers get their girls taking Pregnitude. From what I've seen, those PCOS ladies on the diet, doing daily cardio and taking Pregnitude mostly got girls, at or above our current success rate (65-70%). I'd definitely consider it if I were you.

I'd also try to exercise for longer, at least 60 min and even 90 min if possible. That would help a lot with the weight loss and your sway, if you can do it. Even just 2 longer sessions a week would be a start...
    Last edited by maidentomother; February 17th, 2016 at 07:37 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Metformin makes drs/pharm companies money; you can't patent a supplement like inositol. Plus they work differently, Met reduces glucose production by the liver while inositol improves insulin receptor binding and the resultant chain of signaling events. Both treatments may not work for everyone as a result and they aren't interchangeable.

I think Pregnitude myoinositol is great for confimed PCOS swayers. We have had several PCOS/PCOS tendencies pink swayers get their girls taking Pregnitude. From what I've seen, those PCOS ladies on the diet, doing daily cardio and taking Pregnitude mostly got girls, at or above our current success rate (65-70%). I'd definitely consider it if I were you.

I'd also try to exercise for longer, at least 60 min and even 90 min if possible. That would help a lot with the weight loss and your sway, if you can do it. Even just 2 longer sessions a week would be a start...
    Thanks Maiden,

You make a good point about the financial aspect.
    From what I have researched it seems to me that Inositol should be the 2nd port of call for PCOS sufferers. The first should be diet & lifestyle change.
    It would save us all the horrible (and potentially dangerous) side effects of Metformin
    I am going to do 1 45 minute workout, followed by a 20 minute one.
    I couldn't find a 60+ minute one from 'Walk away the Lbs'.
    DO you know of any workouts online that you could recommend ? Walk Away the lbs is great, but I have yet to find one of her work outs longer than 45minutes online.

5. Dislikes ksmom disliked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can certainly understand why you feel that way! From all that I've heard about Metformin's unpleasant side effects, it's not a fun drug. That being said, many people are more willing to pop a pill (preferably one covered by insurance vs an expensive supplement) rather than go to all the trouble of changing their diet (particularly unwelcome if it involves self-denial) and exercising more.

A 45 + 20 min workout sounds great! I've always walked/run outside, I actually can't even imagine how you can walk inside. How does that work? Do you just walk in place? I've only done yoga, pilates, and mat exercises from videos.

I'm really sorry about your LA episode btw. That sounds awful and scary. Thank god you got checked out!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PREGNITUDE
    Total sways: 8
    Total success: 7
    Success %: 87.5%
    Inverse success %: 0

I do want to point out that it is not necessarily right for everyone, this is a supp for those mums with PCO or a lot of weight to lose and not for those who are slim.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; February 19th, 2016 at 05:09 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think for most people taking metformin it is rare to get Lactic Acidosis so it seems like you were one of the unlucky ones.

I have been on metformin since October and I think I'm one of the lucky ones who has had barley any symptoms. It did help stop my mid-cycle spotting so it must have had some effect at least.

I'm not sure how much Pregnitude costs but for it only cost $5.50 for just over a months supply of meformin if I buy it from the discount chemist!

Sorry it didn't work so well for you. I hope the Pregnitude helps you!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

A 45 + 20 min workout sounds great! I've always walked/run outside, I actually can't even imagine how you can walk inside. How does that work? Do you just walk in place? I've only done yoga, pilates, and mat exercises from videos.
    I use this video I read about it on here.
    I have a dog so I also walk outside for 40 minutes a day (split into 2), but it's not heart pumping rate - my doggy is very slow

I'm really sorry about your LA episode btw. That sounds awful and scary. Thank god you got checked out!
    As someone else said I think it is rare, but clearly not that rare as my GP was alert straight away, and the hospital had seen it before on Metformin.
    I didn't realise, but whilst on Met, we have to be extra vigilant to keep well hydrated as that can cause LA.

12. Thanks maidentomother thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    I think for most people taking metformin it is rare to get Lactic Acidosis so it seems like you were one of the unlucky ones.

I have been on metformin since October and I think I'm one of the lucky ones who has had barley any symptoms. It did help stop my mid-cycle spotting so it must have had some effect at least.

I'm not sure how much Pregnitude costs but for it only cost $5.50 for just over a months supply of meformin if I buy it from the discount chemist!

Sorry it didn't work so well for you. I hope the Pregnitude helps you!

The annoying thing is, it worked really well up until.
    I was telling everyone it was like a miracle, a poopy one (those side effects!) but still ! Lost weight, felt like I finally had control.
    You're so lucky not having side effects. If I hadn't had this happen, I would still be on Metformin for sure, I do think it does what it is supposed to.

Thank you, I will let everyone know how I get on with the Inositol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    PREGNITUDE
    Total sways: 8
    Total success: 7
    Success %: 87.5%
    Inverse success %: 0

Those stats make me feel great.
    The Pregnitude here costs $70 (Ł49) for 30 days vs Inositol Ł10 a bag , but I am going to go with the more expensive pregnitude, as I can't figure out the dosage on the bags.
    No point messing things up by dosing myself wrong

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by Babygirlquest; July 20th, 2021 at 10:19 PM.

17. Thanks MrsSparkles thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast