Thread: Breastfeeding

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Breastfeeding

Hey I was just wondering if breastfeeding sways at all?
    How does it work with the diet as obviously you need to eat bit more while breastfeeding.
    Thanks

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apparently it sways girl but I got 2 boys while breastfeeding. My diet was definitely blue though. I was eating constantly because I was always hungry.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Beau82 View Post
    Apparently it sways girl but I got 2 boys while breastfeeding. My diet was definitely blue though. I was eating constantly because I was always hungry.
    I have 4 boys too but i wasn't breastfeeding while trying for them, i had heard it swayed girl but wonder how that would work especially since you tend to eat more while breastfeeding. I can't skip breakfast as Im starving in the morning from feeding etc.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it's declining maternal condition. You tend to get little sleep, it burns lots of calories and if you aren't eating enough to replace those calories, you will drop weight rather quickly. My mother conceived me while nursing my brother and my father always said that she was run ragged with him. He wanted to nurse often and refused all forms of milk except for her own, she went back to work early and had a long commute so she would get up early to get my brother and herself ready, pump while at work and ate very little for breakfast (if anything at all) and lunch. It was always a rush to pick him up at the babysitter and get home to make supper, pump more, put the baby to bed and go to bed herself. She was very thin and generally very exhausted.
    Not that I would recommend any of that! Maybe Atomic or someone else will weigh in. A personal plan might be good for you to know exactly what your limits should be. I would think that you would be better off eating at around 1800 cals instead of 1500 but I don't know for sure.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Breastfeeding is a good pink sway tactic. That's one of the factors in my successful sway this time round. Ds3 was still nursing every 3 or so hours through the night and had been for the previous 21 months. I'd had so many months of broken sleep & when I concieved ds3 had been unwell the week prior so I'd had very little sleep. He just wanted to nurse constantly through the day too. I didn't count my calories but ate a vegan diet with no snacking, no breakfast, alcohol & 3 cups of coffee every day too. The recommendation for nursing mums is 1800-2000 calories a day plus the upper limits of fat & protein. When I conceived ds2, ds1 was still nursing but only once a day and I ate a very blue diet with plenty of food.

Three beautiful boys and my longed-for DD due in June 2016!
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe it sways pink but is no magic bullet.

I got a boy and a girl while breastfeeding, but three boys without it.

Even if something sways a solid 20% (which is a very huge sway) you could still go from 80% likely to have a boy, to 60% (which in the general population would still appear to be more boys!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ