Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Love Aviator's Sperm TTC Girl

Hi ladies! Planning for a mixed-race baby GIRL!

Husband and I both 27 years old
    Both of us have been on girl sway supplements for 4 months
    Husband in Aviation - I read from research that pilots tend to have more girls, due to effects of G force on sperms and high altitude radiation

So I have been reading and enjoying the suggestions on methods and cut-off days to try for a girl.
    I understand that timing doesn't matter as much as lower sperm count and diet.
    We plan to start trying next month!

Question:
    1. Abstain 7-10 days and then ONE ATTEMPT or A FEW ATTEMPTS cut off 2-3 days before O?
    2. Can we continue to DTD / BD after our attempt?
    3. One month after our first attempt, how do we know I'm pregnant? Should we continue to attempt in second month?
    4. What are the effects of BD-ing after again without realising the egg has been fertilised prior?

Thank you very much!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome.

Abstaining isn't very effective, it doesn't sway pink much and really lowers odds of conception. Timing doesn't sway AT ALL, it's not just less important, it's completely UNimportant and also lowers odds of conception. But if you've not been doing the diet (are you planning to start it?) then low odds would be good in your case.

Definitely stick to one attempt in the 4 days before O and also O day. Do not attempt again/resume BDing (unless you use a condom) until at least 4 days after your one attempt. And I wouldn't resume regular unprotected BDing after that unless O was confirmed. How will you be determining O? I recommend you temp/chart and use OPKs.

14 days after you O, you will either have gotten your period or, if not, you should then take a sensitive early pregnancy test such as a FRER brand home urine test. If you do the diet, it's very important to stay on the diet until you are pregnant.

If you BD more than once in your fertile period, it reduces your odds of pink and increases odds of blue. To be completely safe, you could just BD every 4 days all cycle long (you can BD with a condom in between those attempts). That way you ensure you only have 1 attempt in your fertile period regardless of when you O and you ensure you can't accidentally BD too much at the wrong time which would sway blue.

I really, really recommend you focus on diet and exercise, those sway so much more than how you BD.
    Last edited by maidentomother; April 10th, 2016 at 06:01 AM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome!

pilots have more girls, that's the speculation but I'm not totally sure anyone really knows why.

1) One attempt

2)What I like most people to do is switch to every 4 days method (just unprotected sex every 4 days after your attempt thru AF arriving or until you're sure you have ovulated) This will cover you in case your ovulation was delayed. you don't have to do this, but it may help you get pregnant quicker

3)You can either take a pregnancy test or you won't get your period. Yes, if you are not pregnant, you should continue to attempt.

4)As long as you stick to every 4 days, there are no effects for your sway. every 4 days has been a solid pink sway tactic for us and if the egg hasn't been released, attempts every 4 days will cover you. If the egg was released but did not get fertilized, it will die in 12-24 hours and the additional attempts can't hurt anything anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you ATOMIC
    So planning as such, abstaining for about 7-10 days then first attempt (1 day or 2 after AF ends), and do it every 4 days through O. That would end about 1 day or 2 after O.

In summary, 3 attempts total in one month (no release in between); BD every 4 days after 7-10 days abstinence. Is this workable for a girl? Or would 3 times sway too much blue? Should I just BD few days before O and then one more time after O? Any release in between?

Last edited by RoxyRider; April 12th, 2016 at 04:51 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Every 4 days has been a good sway tactic for us. I prefer you guys stick to either one attempt in fertile window or every 4 days to start with.

I would not add ttempt after O. The O+12 method does not work and it is adding an attempt.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you once again Atomic!
    Every 4 days without abstinence through O for the whole month you mean?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just have unprotected sex starting after AF ends (or before if you like) and then every 4 days (if you do have sex in between, use protection) throughout the cycle going till you're sure you have Oed. I hope this makes sense.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're never that far from ovulation that way but only one attempt really ever has a good shot at the egg. It's like a very easy way to be in with one viable attempt without having to mess around with OPK or guesswork.