Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Argh, panic ruined sway

Hi everyone, long time Lurker here. I feel like I have messed my sway up completely. Dh has given me 1 month of trying for my much wanted baby girl, this month is my only shot. He is very happy with our 3 sons, as am I, but would love to try for a girl.
    So,I got a positive ovulation stick on Sat/Sun. We BD on Saturday night, then in a panic to even get pregnant at all, we BD on Monday again. Then this morning I think I felt ovulation pains, so am thinking about BD again now to catch the O+12. I know only 1 attempt is best, so have I scuppered my chances if we do BD tonight, and having already had 2 goes?
    Thanks for reading, I think I'm going crazy!!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I swayed girl and was advised to ad an extra attempt in because I had been ttc for a year with no sucess, we bd the morning before o and the morning of o. I just got my BFP, so it can haven with fewer attempts, but nobody can tell you how many attempts to put it if you feel 2 won't be enough go for it, if you want to preserve your sway but be in with a chance I'd say 2 attempts is enough! I'm proofed the 2 attempts getting ton et pregnant, lol
    Last edited by Beautifulrainbow; April 13th, 2016 at 04:51 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have already bd twice after getting a positive opk then personally I wouldn't bd again. You've probably ovulated anyway, on average you O 24-36 hours after a positive opk.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your replies. I hope it's enough. This next 2 weeks will be torture.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't do it again. Like familymatters said I bet you have ovulated anyway. For my current pregnancy, I BD 4 days and 2 days before ovulation (3 days and 1 day before Opk went positive) x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I only just now spotted this.

Hi and welcome out of lurkdom!

You can't tell when you ovulate on the basis of O pains because you can have them before, during, and after O. That having been said with one month to try I would have recommended you guys do every 4 days plus one additional attempt at positive OPK anyway so please don't worry about having had those two attempts, I would have suggested as much. I also want you to continue DTD every 4 days for the rest of the month as well in case that was a false positive OPK and you'll be in with a chance if your O is delayed. Not too late, just pick it up right now!!

I hope your husband is willing to communicate/negotiate on this. It takes fully fertile couples an average of 3-6 months to fall pregnant and only "allowing" one month to try is akin to saying no IMHO, only kind of more cruel because it allows you to get your hopes up only to have them dashed.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Throwaway_panther, essnce629 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Completedbypink View Post
    Thank you for your replies. I hope it's enough. This next 2 weeks will be torture.
    Please keep us posted! FX and pink dust.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. I'm working on my DH, he knows how much I want another child, and has said in the last couple of days he's thinking positively about us getting a positive test, so hopefully, he will try a few more months.
    We will definitely carry on with the every 4 days as my positive O tests were 4 days early, I was expecting positive O tests on Wednesday, but they came on the sat/Sun before, and we're negative on the Monday, and for the rest of the week. I'm totally out of my fertile time now, but it can't do any harm!!! Really not sure why I ovulated early, and it's got me worried that my cycle has been messed up this mouth.
    Any way, it's been a week since the positive ovulation tests now, and I'm having cramps, but that's probably due to constipation.
    It's just a horrid waiting game now. Once again, thank you for everyone's replies, I'll keep you updated, and if I get a surprise BFP, I'll post my mild sway in the waiting game for the gender results!!!! Xx

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a girl in a month I ovulated early

Good luck and pink dust headed your way!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to update, I got a BFP last night, which was followed up with a digital today to convince hubby!! So excited, but now it's the dreaded wait to find out the gender.
    So early ovulation didn't harm my chances at all,I hope I end up like you atomic, conceiving a girl on the month you ovulated early. But I'm still worried about having 2 attempts in my fertile window.
    My period is not due until Wednesday, but because I ovulated early,I got my BFP early. Very happy right now, and so is hubby. He thinks he has super sperm with only trying for 1 month. I'm letting him think that just for now ha ha!!

13. Likes 3'sacharm, essnce629, Pink Pony liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast