Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long do we have to do the diet?

On IG, they say you HAVE to do it for 6 weeks prior to attempt. Is that the general consencus around here, too? Asking because I'm about 3 weeks away from my next attempt and I haven't done diddly squat as far as diet is concerned.

Thanks...
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes, I'd say 6 weeks but if you were vegetarian or dieting before this then I'd worry less about it

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered this one on your other thread in more detail but just to reiterate real quick -

blood sugar and pH can drop fairly quickly so if you MUST, even being on the diet just a couple weeks can help.

Testosterone/estrogen take time to go down and so it's better for those two things to stay on the diet for 6 weeks or so beforehand. But if you're very thin to begin with, you might end up losing too much weight, esp. if you don't get pg right away.

Some people want to stay on the diet for the full life cycle of the egg because they believe that the egg attracts the sperm somehow. That would be 90 days.

I suspect that if you're doing a lot to sway (that interferes with pg), it's best not to start the diet too soon unless you have a lot of weight to spare. If you lose 4-6 lbs a month, after 3 months that's almost 20 lbs and that's a lot of weight for some to lose. So basically, the thinner you are and the more intense sway you have planned, the shorter amount of time in advance you should start your diet. Because you probably won't get pg that first month (people tend to err on the side of too hard a sway that first month) and you will end up running out of weight to lose.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ