Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

thoughts on sway

Hi Atomic- wanted to see what you think of my sway thus far. Since early February mainly vegetarian with a few cheats (if you call it that) on seafood (lobster/white fish on occasion), cardio 6x/week for 65 minutes, plan to do 1 attempt in June. Was 121lb now 108lbs. Taking fibre supplement when i remember and started taking folic acid 3 weeks ago (sometimes I still forget).

Try to skip breakfast (usually dunkin donuts coffee with 2 cream and 1 sugar or 1 splenda) at 930AM and 1 cinnamon raisin bread (70cal) at 10AM. Lunch (usually salads) at noon or 1pm and dinner (rice & veggies) is at 630. I try not to eat anything for the rest of the night but sometimes do at 10pm (a cookie or 100cal of popcorn).

How does my sway look like? Any adjustments between now and end of June? Am I missing anything? Want to TTC end of June. Thoughts? DH hasn't done much other than eat less red meat the last few weeks
    Last edited by boyshopping; May 18th, 2016 at 04:13 PM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump for Atomic

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Give me a couple days before bumping - since I answer posts oldest to newest, you sometimes will bump a post away from me and it ends up taking LONGER to reply.

Do you have the nutrient content for your food?? I cannot sign off on anyone's diet without the nutrient totals because there is no way for me to know exactly how much you're eating.

I would have you ~probably~ stop weight loss now and hold steady where you are at (exception is if you are like 4-11 and still have some to spare) but 108 is going to be very low BMI for most.

Most of our DH wouldn't help anyway. IF he's doing anything at all it's more than a lot of guys!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok got it. I know you usually respond in a few days sorry for bumping The things is - I never really intentionally wanted to lose this much weight (I'm 5'3''). It's just coming off which may mean I might need to eat more. So for food - I usually eat lots of arugula with some blue cheese or parma cheese, cauliflower, zucchinis, peppers with a side of rice or a piece of bread and a fruit salad (strawberries, blueberries - not that much, cantaloupes, honey dew) and for dinner I'll have a good size bowl of rice with veggies. About 1-2x a week I'll have some white fish (tilapia, cod, hake, lobsters, crab, shrimp). I'll have 1 chocolate chip cookie here and there and ice cream here and there when my kids eat it. In the AM i usually have coffee with cream and sugar. That is what I generally eat but of course i'll have cheese or veggie pizza but i def stay away from meats. Will eat tofu here and there too. I very rare eat meat or chicken and if I do its very low quantity maybe 4oz?

I've been running/speed walking - 5miles 60minutes a day 6x/ week. Try to fiber when i remember and folic acid. Been on this diet/exercise since Feb. I know you may not be able to sign off entirely since I dont have exact Xcals etc. But how does it look generally?

Want to try TTC 1 attempt end of June.
    Last edited by boyshopping; May 19th, 2016 at 01:28 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, weight coming off means you need to eat more.

Do you have the nutrient totals though??? I can't sign off on diet without knowing you're in the limits. (not only cals but protein and fat) If you don't, all I can say is what I said before yes right types of foods but I can't know beyond that.

You do know that the low carb veggies are free and unlimited, right?? They don't count for your calories (or pro/fat) so you need to hit the limits WITHOUT counting them. Fruit and higher carb veg like corn and potatoes you need to count cals but they are free for protein and fat.

When weight is flying off best to hold off on fiber till it stabilizes

Yes hold steady on weight now. I know it is hard to get a handle on but it's important to get control before you waste away to nothing, not after.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    thanks so much. I don't have nutrient totals as I haven't been as meticulous using the fitnesspal app. I've been going vegetarian eating mainly veggies and 2x a week I eat white fish or shrimp. Know that veggies are mostly free so I try to eat a little junk food like chocolate chip cookie. Lunch is mostly salads and dinner is rice with veggies and sometimes tofu. I also run 6x/ week 60-65minutes. I also eat fruit salads sometimes (cantaloupes, honey dew, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, grapes) and will have ice cream when the kids do. I took fiber off since my weight keeps dropping. Been on this diet / exercise since the beginning of February.

Hoping to ttc at the end of next month - one attempt. Sorry I dont have totals but overall any other advice? Any other things I should be doing? DH just started to run / walk stairs too... he's hoping to lose some weigh just because! (not sure if that helps with the sway) thanks!
    Last edited by boyshopping; May 25th, 2016 at 04:15 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So yes, right kinds of foods and that's as much as I can sound off on. Vegetarian diet (mostly) has gotten good results too even without tracking, I just like to be sure you guys are getting enough food, that's all.

hubby running will only help. I don't usually recommend hubby losing weight since they tend to lose fat, not muscle, but the running is SO good and proven (unlike the weight loss idea which is theoretical) then I'd have him carry on doing what he's doing. IF he loses more than 10-15 lbs fast that will sway pink anyway.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic. So I mostly eat salads with balsamic vinegarette and for dinner I eat rice w mix veggies. These few days I've cheated a bit as we are on vacation and had a ham sandwich and more seafood (buffet 1x). But still running 5/6x.Been on this diet and 6x/ week cardio running / walking since February... Might try one attempt TTC end of month. Have lost a ton of weigh - not I intentionally 121 to 107 so I've been trying to keep weigh and not lose anymore.

Hubby started running 5x/ week for 30 min and eating less red meat. Thanks for all your help thus far!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Remember, low carb veg like that in salads don't count for protein, fat, and cals. So if you're mostly eating salads and veggies, you're not going to be getting enough "real" foods to maintain ovulation and get and stay pregnant, so we may need to adjust that.

107 is VERY low for most people so put those brakes on now!! Unless you're like 4-10 that would be well within pink range for most.