Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Is it ok to break away from le for a few days??

So, af has arrived spectacularly and I'm due to go to away for a few days in just over a week; my question is, do I try and stick to the le diet as best as possible or do I just write those few days off and just have whatever I want, meat being the main thing but over indulging generally would be included if I did!!! I could compromise and allow myself small treats but keep vegetarian though?x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think anyone can really tell you when a little cheating becomes too much cheating, because there are no stats on this. But if the point of the diet is to trick your body into thinking times are hard, I would think that the bigger the meals and the more often you're breaking totals (I.e. cheating all day long for all three days) the more likely you are to convince your body the famine is over and happy days are ahead.

How badly do you want to enjoy your trip vs. how much will you agonize over it if you get a bfp after cheating? If you are content to have a more relaxed sway then just go for it. If you know that having a boy would be the end of the world for you and you'll forever wonder if three days off the diet is what made the difference, don't risk it.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

3. Thanks 3'sacharm thanked for this post
    Likes Jasiahsmommy liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The weird thing that people have found time and again, is that when you're away it's actually surprisingly easy to stick to LE Diet (or at least not go over spectacularly). This is because not only are you distracted with other things going on, but also that when you're eating out in restaurants it's always a treat even if you're staying mostly vegetarian!

Yes yes bend the rules when you're away for a few days, it's fine! Have some shrimp or fish a couple times, eat breakfast, have dessert. But you're going to be pleasantly surprised about how much you're able to eat and enjoy without really even cheating at all.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Likes sharon, 3'sacharm liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin514 View Post
    I don't think anyone can really tell you when a little cheating becomes too much cheating, because there are no stats on this. But if the point of the diet is to trick your body into thinking times are hard, I would think that the bigger the meals and the more often you're breaking totals (I.e. cheating all day long for all three days) the more likely you are to convince your body the famine is over and happy days are ahead.

How badly do you want to enjoy your trip vs. how much will you agonize over it if you get a bfp after cheating? If you are content to have a more relaxed sway then just go for it. If you know that having a boy would be the end of the world for you and you'll forever wonder if three days off the diet is what made the difference, don't risk it.
    even our prehistoric ancestors occasionally found a mammoth and ate well for a few days.

If 3 days could make or break a sway diet, we'd only diet for 3 days. there's a reason why the 12 weeks + seems to get better results.

But yes if you're going to live 1000 lifetimes of regret if you go off diet REALLY bad and get an opposite (even when that is probably not the reason) then just don't go off diet really bad. But do give yourself enough leeway to enjoy your time away.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Erin514, 3'sacharm thanked for this post
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a really helpful thread, thanks for starting it 3'sacharm. I'm in the same position, going away next week for UK half term. My main issue is we are going with mil and fil, staying in the same accommodation. Been wondering how I will get on with LE with those two (although very well-meaning) no doubt trying to 'fatten me up' !!!