Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To Cardio or Not to Cardio....

So I have been trying to take on the intense 6 days a week cardio program but I have recently decided to extend my length of time while on the diet and am seeing that it will no longer be realistic for me to do this. I know Its hard NOW to exercise 6 times a week (I walk) and I know it will be even harder to exercise in September when I am working full time, adjusting to DS in daycare and trying to juggle the household, plus keep up with marking and lesson planning as I am a teacher. SO.... I have been thinking that perhaps the best method for me is the couch potato method. However... i don't really understand this.

Could someone explain to me when and how I enter boy territory vs. girl territory with exercise?
    I would normally walk, but I could cycle or go to Yoga. I could do these things now maybe 4-5 times a week. I don't think i understand what boy swayers are doing to understand my girl sway limits exactly. Would I be adding muscle mass through yoga or cycling? As a teacher and with a little one at home I am always up and moving... so could the couch potato even be an option? Any insight would be very helpful!
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For pink swayers, it's a 60 minute block of cardio 4-6x per week. It can be walking, running, cycling, dance cardio...really any type of cardio. I used my stationary bike because it was convenient for me since I could do it at home and it was also a form of exercise I enjoyed. Being on LE it is next to impossible to build muscle so don't worry about that. When I first started, I remember worrying that being on my bike so much was going to give me muscular legs but trust me when I say that now I just have chicken legs. LOL Blue swayers are doing weights to build muscle and exercising for shorter amounts of time so they're doing something entirely different. As a former long term swayer, I'm going to tell you this now: if you don't enjoy exercising and/or you know that you will not be able to consistently stick with the cardio then DON'T do it. It is much better to go the couch potato route in that scenario. Being on your feet at work and taking care of your child do not count towards cardio so without doing the exercise routine, it would count as couch potato.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

3. Likes Erin514, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So is it bad to start with intense cardio and then half way through my sway change to couch potato?
    Does it have to be intense cardio? I've been leisurely walking for 60 minutes
    Also, is 4x a week enough? Why not 3? I'm just curious. 4x is doable for me.
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy swayers are trying to lift weights and build or maintain muscle mass. They also gain a bit of weight on a higher protein diet. Some of them do have to do a smidge of cardio to prevent gaining too much, but it never exceeds 45 min. and it's 4-5 days a week MAX.

Girl swayers, you're trying to shrink your muscle mass a bit by overexercising. Exercising also reduces fertility a bit when it's done too much and with not enough food coming in, so we're really not quite sure what is actually swaying (may be some other thing entirely!) Since we're losing weight on a lower protein diet, this is actually easier than you might think and requires 60 min. of cardio (and walking is ok). 6-7 days a week is ideal but we've had good luck with at least 4 days a week. I do not think yoga cuts it for exercise, cycling does though.

Couch potato is NOT exercising and just relying on the weight loss and lower protein diet to shrink muscle. It is NOT, never moving off a couch and locking yourself inside like a hermit, it's fine to just go about your normal life with couch potato (it's just the words we use to describe not exercising) Mainly, you're avoiding that moderate level of dedicated exercise that may sway blue. Of course you continue to live your life as normal, chase your littel one around, etc. It has not gotten as good of results as the exercise, but many people have gotten girls that way. I got my girl with couch potato since I didn't have time to exercise, and I was moving around PLENTY with two little boys to take care of and a lot of business going on in my life.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa84 View Post
    So is it bad to start with intense cardio and then half way through my sway change to couch potato?
    Does it have to be intense cardio? I've been leisurely walking for 60 minutes
    Also, is 4x a week enough? Why not 3? I'm just curious. 4x is doable for me.
    If I had a time machine I'd go back and call the cardio exercise anything but "intense". I did not realize at the time that people would interpret "intense" to mean the perceived intensity of their exercise. I simply meant it was more in terms of time and days per week, than moderate exercise. Walking is fine for pink, you may want to push it a little more than leisurely if you can. It just needs to last 60 min. and more days a week is better than fewer.

3 days I do not believe is enough, because you then have a day of rest in between. Honestly, I do not think 4 days is enough either but some people have gotten girls that way so I allow it. The point is that you're working yourself really TOO hard and your body gently suppresses fertility and shrinks muscle as a result.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i got all my kids 4 blue and 2 pink not doing any work-outs, exercise-wise i was simply getting on with my day to day life..

i know the 4 blue part of that wont be what you want to hear so i will add that my normal eating pattern is very boy friendly, i dont like big meals but i pick at food all day long so my blood sugar never really drops (and our bd pattern at the time was also very blue friendly) things were different diet and bd wise when i conceived my 2 girls and i tried to change things up again this time (gender not currently known) by doing LE with one attempt etc..

when i think of the all-girl or majority-girl mums i know in real life they either seem to be total cardio addicts obsessively running, biking and swimming like crazy or they dont do any kind of work-outs at all, none of them work-out in a moderate way its very much all or nothing..

as atomic says nothing doesnt mean you dont move its just that you dont do any sort of intentional exercise or "work-outs" on top of living your daily life, dont let needing to run around after your little one stress you out! good luck with your sway and i hope you get your little girl

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So but within our stats here on GD what is the higher % of success. High cardio or couch potato method? Just out of curiosity.😊

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Mama to 2 DS and 2 DD and 1 angel DD

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Following x

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also following because I'm opting for couch potato!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The spreadsheet says 68% success for exercise and 60% for couch potato.
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

13. Likes Georgia_Peach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast