Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Diet and Exercise, 8 weeks or 12?

We are still on the fence about swaying again, but if we do here is what I am thinking:

1. PCOS Diet, skipping breakfast, no snacking

2. 60 minutes cardio daily (thinking about getting a step aerobics DVD from the library and a step off amazon, they're cheap and I can do it at home when the kids are asleep)

3. Daily alcohol in the form of a vodka shot before bed and two buck chuck white wine from Trader Joe's

4. Folate as the only supplement. No clomid, aspirin, zyrtec, vitex, etc.

5. One attempt at +OPK with compressed FR. but will probably also do every 4 days just to be sure as OPK's aren't always reliable for me (this will reduce my stress over the OPK issue)

I only have one concern: I'm not sure how long I should do these tactics prior to attempt. I know 12 weeks on the diet has kind of become the "gold standard," but I am currently at 115 lbs, and I know from prior sway attempts that my ovulation will get messed up if I get to 110 lbs as my BMI will be too low, so I don't have a lot of weight to lose. I have already lost 55 pregnancy pounds slowly over the last 10 months, I also just stopped nursing my daughter and I'd like some of the effects of BFing to help me get pink too. So I am thinking only do diet and exercise 8-10 weeks. Thoughts?
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also going to have blood work done for my thyroid soon. I get it done every 6 months or so to make sure my levels are in the normal range before my doc will give me a new rx for the next 6 months. I really think that my hypothyroidism contributed to my conceiving boys, atomic have you seen any science or anecdotal evidence to back this up? I will feel better knowing my thyroid levels are in normal range before I sway.
    praying for one last

3. Thanks Dixgaard thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Really interesting, I have a girl and two boys, I developed my thyroid problem after I had dd and before I had the boys, if hypo sways blue, I there any chance of a girl? Currently in the 2 ww, nervous about everything, just another thing to be concerned about, life is rarely straightforward! Following with interest x

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had undiagnosed hypothyroidism for years. I would go into a doc and they wouldn't believe me but I felt so tired and yucky. They would test my TSH and say it;s normal so you're fine. I had 2 boys during this time. I finally got a doc who tested my T3 and T4 and diagnosed my hypothyroidism. My TSH was normal but my T3 and T4 will too low.

I got on medication and got my T3 and T4 numbers to the upper half of the normal range and conceived a daughter a little over a year later! I think (and I could be totally wrong here) it has less to do with whether or not you have a thyroid disorder and more to do with where your thyroid levels are. I want to make sure my T3 and T4 are in the upper 50% of the normal range because that's where they were when I got my girl. They were below normal with both my boys.

I am wondering if thyroid sways indirectly: for example When I was hypothyroid I gained weight easily and that could have swayed boy, KWIM?
    Last edited by carmella_marie; June 14th, 2016 at 03:23 PM.
    praying for one last

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    We are still on the fence about swaying again, but if we do here is what I am thinking:

1. PCOS Diet, skipping breakfast, no snacking

2. 60 minutes cardio daily (thinking about getting a step aerobics DVD from the library and a step off amazon, they're cheap and I can do it at home when the kids are asleep)

3. Daily alcohol in the form of a vodka shot before bed and two buck chuck white wine from Trader Joe's

4. Folate as the only supplement. No clomid, aspirin, zyrtec, vitex, etc.

5. One attempt at +OPK with compressed FR. but will probably also do every 4 days just to be sure as OPK's aren't always reliable for me (this will reduce my stress over the OPK issue)

I only have one concern: I'm not sure how long I should do these tactics prior to attempt. I know 12 weeks on the diet has kind of become the "gold standard," but I am currently at 115 lbs, and I know from prior sway attempts that my ovulation will get messed up if I get to 110 lbs as my BMI will be too low, so I don't have a lot of weight to lose. I have already lost 55 pregnancy pounds slowly over the last 10 months, I also just stopped nursing my daughter and I'd like some of the effects of BFing to help me get pink too. So I am thinking only do diet and exercise 8-10 weeks. Thoughts?
    I hope you don't mind me asking but have you got meal ideas that you would mind sharing with me? I am going the pcos route and I was having a little trouble getting my head around the best foods to eat, I don't really want anything too complicated as I just don't have the time and want to keep it as simple as possible, it would just be nice to have a little food advice from someone who has got a girl on that diet :-) thanks :-)
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A few of my favorite PCOS meals:

baked potato with a little butter, sour cream and salsa
    egg whites scrambled in 2 corn tortillas with salsa
    cream cheese and cucumber sandwich on wholegrain bread
    brown rice pasta with spaghetti sauce
    cucumber and corn sautéd in a little butter in corn tortillas with canned green chilis.
    Big iceberg salad with lots of cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers, and some raisins and sunflower seeds to up cals
    Hummus on rye crisps or dip carrots and celery into it
    peanut butter sandwich (one slice of bread and easy on the PB)
    I also ate a lot of apples and bananas. i would cook sliced apple with a little butter and cinnamon and it was like apple pie!
    Cooked Spaghetti squash with lemon juice, capers and diced tomatoes
    praying for one last

9. Thanks Beau82, mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooh great meal ideas, Carmella - thanks! I'll be starting the PCOS diet too in a few months from now & need ideas!!
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    A few of my favorite PCOS meals:

baked potato with a little butter, sour cream and salsa
    egg whites scrambled in 2 corn tortillas with salsa
    cream cheese and cucumber sandwich on wholegrain bread
    brown rice pasta with spaghetti sauce
    cucumber and corn sautéd in a little butter in corn tortillas with canned green chilis.
    Big iceberg salad with lots of cucumbers, carrots, mushrooms, bell peppers, and some raisins and sunflower seeds to up cals
    Hummus on rye crisps or dip carrots and celery into it
    peanut butter sandwich (one slice of bread and easy on the PB)
    I also ate a lot of apples and bananas. i would cook sliced apple with a little butter and cinnamon and it was like apple pie!
    Cooked Spaghetti squash with lemon juice, capers and diced tomatoes
    Thank you very much for that, I am eating along similar lines to that so I'm happy, just trying to keep protein and fat at pco levels seems to be a challenge for me at the moment. How many times a day would you eat? I generally stick to just twice a day as it works well for me.
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I do lunch and a late dinner. If I have an earlier dinner I might do a snack late at night before bed.
    praying for one last

13. Thanks mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey, check out Popsugar fitness on Youtube, it's free and they have a lot of fun workouts on there. Some use weights but there are some straight dancy ones too.

Clarify for me "compressed FR" because I am not convinced anyone really knows what this is except me LOL I do want to point out that the ONLY reason I believe that has any better results than any other frequency pattern is just a fluke of statistics. I"m not at all sure it's worth the trouble to do it and it does really cut odds of conception.

Re diet - just do a very relaxed, vegetarian diet instead for part of that time. Don't lose weight during that time. REmember, there is no magic to LE Diet in and of itself, it's jsut that people wanted A DIET to follow. It's absolutely fine to just do a more relaxed form of LE - vegetarian, more protein and fat from vegetable sources, lower protein and fat, but without cutting calories. If you want to TTC more like 8-10 weeks that is fine!! It's really just the folks who did diet 2-4 weeks that did not see results with it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast