Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please Help! To BD tonight or not to BD??

Hi,
    So, I'm a newbie here.

I'm 29yrs old, and DH is 31. We have one DS who was born in 2014 and are now attempting baby number 2. (Praying for PINK)
    My cycle is irregular. I seem to go from 31 day cycle to 33 day cycle then back to 31 and then 34, them back to 31, etc. I'm guessing, since today is CD20 that Ovulation would be anytime now.
    I had ordered the cheap opk strips from ebay, testing twice a day, but I feel as if it's not providing accurate results. (I've had faint lines which = negative.)
    DH has FR for 9 days, whereas I have abstained. Yesterday would have been day 10 of FR, but our boy had an allergic reaction last night and broke out in hives, so we had a late night taking him to see a doctor and so on.
    My plan is to do 1 attempt (BD tonight), but is this a bad plan since DH hasn't done a full 10 days of FR because of yesterday's break? Does this now mean his swimmers have replenished or whatever?
    I have taken another two cheapo opk test today, one at 12:00 and one at 2pm, both negative. However, I do have CM today whereas normally I'm dry.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks

mother to 18 months old
    praying for

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am trying to do a similar plan to you without dh doing FR, I have never got a positive with cheap opks so I would not rely on them. I amusing the cb fertility monitor and cb digital sticks ( ones that give a smilie face when your o' ING) and temping as well. I think if you have difficulty pin pointing o, then your best plan is to try e4d' s, the pink sway is about one attempt in your fertile window, e4d's usually will give you that. For example last month I got a high on the cb monitor and a smilie on cb digital, no temp rise though, we bd that evening but due to no temp rise I think swapped to e4d's, I got my temp rise 4 days later ( no sticks for cb monitor so never got peak) and I got af 9 days after that. I would have missed o just relying on cb digital. I was not successful anyway but I had a greater chance with e4d' s, if you are opting for one attempt and you cannot pin point o, your chances of getting the one attempt right are slim. I would start temping as well might help, good luck. I will o this week so we could be cycle buddies though am day 11, usually o between day 12 -15, x

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the reply ��
    If this month fails I do plan to do E4D, it would make it easier for someone like me with irregular cycles. Thank you for the advice, I do appreciate it.
    Baby blessings to you, all the best ��

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're in doubt, you may as well BD. You don't want to miss ovulation and since you're already on CD20 I think it's probably better to try now than wait any longer. Don't worry about the missed day of FR. Yes, for FR to have an impact you're supposed to keep doing it right up to the attempt, but it's so minor a part of your sway that you shouldn't miss a whole month for that.
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Erin, I'm glad. I felt as if all that effort for fr was about to backfire.
    I remember reading something about if in doubt dtd. Well we did, and I also j&d after 7 minutes. Any way, I guess I'll wait and see now.
    But if it doesn't work I'll definitely be doing e4d for next month, helping DH FR while I abstained was too cruel lol. I don't want to miss out on the fun. I guess e4d will be stressfree and enjoyable for both DH and myself.
    Thanks again for responding ��

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome Maria, sorry I only just now saw this.

When in doubt BD.

FR has not been reliable in terms of sway results, I leave it in the mix only because most people want to give it a go, but please don't ever stress about it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic,

Yeah, that's the last time we're doing FR. E4D would be the way to go for DH and I from now onwards.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post