Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Short lp

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short lp

Any advice anyone. Second month trying and second month failing. Timing of attempt seems to have been spot on both months. Though lp of 9 days both months? Is it even possible to get pregnant with 9 day lp? Atomic I took your advice last month and added 4-6 eggs, a portion of red meat and daily portion of dairy. Will discuss with gpbut know he will say that it is impossible to pin point ovulation so we cannot know for sure I have a short lp. Feeling really down in the dumps! Thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Short lp

Please take heart! I know it's hard when we got pregnant so easily with our boys!

I got pregnant with my DS1 with super short cycles and super short LPs. My average cycle length back then was 21-24 days with an average LP of 8-10 days. I conceived him our very first time trying.

A 9 day LP is adequate enough to get pregnant. I'm wondering if you may be missing ovulation. Are you temping? If so, maybe try temping vaginally since it is a bit more accurate. Are you using opks? If so, what CDs do you get your positives on?

Hang in there sweetie!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

3. Likes Burakoam, DesiG, Girlieplease liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xxforhubby, I feel so miserable and timing is awful as am going for lunch with two pregnant people today. My husband wants me to stop swaying, he says we have three healthy babies a girl and a 2 boys conceived no problem first attempt.
    I could be missing ovulation but am temping, using the cbfm, clear blue digital ovulation stick and cervical mucus and doing e4d's, I wonder if am maybe not ovulating? My body is gearing up for it but no egg? Thanks for all your help it just hurts at the moment. But I will dust myself off and get back on the plan, just not today, today am sad! X

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How do you temp vaginally? Am willing to try anything at this point x

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a short LP to but did not realise even though my cycle is between 21-23. I was testing for ovulation starting CD10 and never got even a hint that it was going to go positive, it stayed completely white. Well one month I started testing on CD7 and i couldn't believe there was a 2nd faint line and on CD9 I got a blazing positive and by CD10 surge was no longer picked up. So basically I was missing it, I was temping but very new to it. My temps and test say I ovulate between 9-11.

Try not to worry, my cycles have always been the same and I've been pregnant three times(not trying or swaying) so I don't pay no mind to it. You will get pregnant, keep temping and swaying and put the thought of a short L phase to the back of your mind, it cant be controlled without medication so its stress you don't need. Good luck lovely
    Two prince's 00 08

Silent M/C twins 3rd may 2017

7. Likes Girlieplease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To temp vaginally, you insert your bbt thermometer into your vagina and record your temp. I wait to temp until all of the bleeding from AF stops. You can buy thermometer covers if your thermometer isn't waterproof. Mine is, but I have too high of temps during AF so I wait until the end.

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

9. Likes Girlieplease liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow the same thing is happening to me! We tried in June no luck, we will be trying again in August and Im praying to God I get pg that time. Ive been ovulating 8 to 9 days after my period, now this has me very worried, we are trying for a boy. Oh and we always got pg first try with our girls.

11. Likes Girlieplease liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Design sorry you are going through similar. I don't think having a short number of days between period and when you ovulate matter as much having a short lp, time between o and af. I think it can take up to 10 days for implantation and if my af starts after 8 or 9 days it is possible that the lining will have been shed before the blastocyst can implant?
    But we are similar in struggling to conceive after conceiving relatively easily. It is so frustrating, I have felt very down today and it has been hard to stick with monitoring fat/ protein and calories and exercising while feeling like this. Hope August is lucky for us both! X

13. Likes DesiG liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    To temp vaginally, you insert your bbt thermometer into your vagina and record your temp. I wait to temp until all of the bleeding from AF stops. You can buy thermometer covers if your thermometer isn't waterproof. Mine is, but I have too high of temps during AF so I wait until the end.

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    How do you know if it is water proof? Am assuming mine is because I use it in my mouth, which would be a wet as a vagina? I wonder if am missing o as well xxforhubby? But am not sure other than changing how I check temperature would help to pin point this? Am also doing e4 d's so thought I was kind of covering all bases. I will try and add my chart in the hope someone might have an idea. My periods have been very light of late, which concerns me. Af started at 2 am last night and I have had one change of pad since that time. Am wondering if my lining is too thin to allow implantation? thanks for all the helpful advice x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear1st View Post
    I have a short LP to but did not realise even though my cycle is between 21-23. I was testing for ovulation starting CD10 and never got even a hint that it was going to go positive, it stayed completely white. Well one month I started testing on CD7 and i couldn't believe there was a 2nd faint line and on CD9 I got a blazing positive and by CD10 surge was no longer picked up. So basically I was missing it, I was temping but very new to it. My temps and test say I ovulate between 9-11.

Try not to worry, my cycles have always been the same and I've been pregnant three times(not trying or swaying) so I don't pay no mind to it. You will get pregnant, keep temping and swaying and put the thought of a short L phase to the back of your mind, it cant be controlled without medication so its stress you don't need. Good luck lovely
    Thanks, I am picking up on surge, am using the cb fertility monitor as well as cb digital ovulation stick and charting my temp. I am also doing e4 days so think I was well covered. Past two months, I have had no peak on the cbfm, just endless highs but I bd when I got a positive on the cb digital and this agreed with temps and ewcm, so I think my timing was good. Good to hear you got pregnant successful with short lp!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast