Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also Atomic what is your opinion on what was my actual cd1... I had dirty tinted discharge Wed afternoon around 4pm, then some spotting before bed. Started real flow overnight into Thursday. Should I count Wed as day 1 or Thursday? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Count cd1 as Thursday. If flow starts after 12 noon then it is supposed to be counted the next day.

Cd3-7 is the most popular day. I conceived DS1 on cd 5-9 (super boy friendly lifestyle outweighed any clomid sway power for him). This time I did 4-8 and ovulated the same time (cd19) as with 5-9. I was going to change to 3-7 the next cycle but got a bfp (during my period so test before taking meds just in case!).

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

3. Likes GirlieCat, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Purple. I decided to do day 3-7 and I took my first pill last night before bed, after doubling checking BFN on prego test yesterday. I am a bit nervous about side effects but we will wait and see. I guess side effects would at least tell me it is doing its job.

I think in another post I read that you also took progesterone. I have a Rx for progesterone pills (prometrium 100mg) to take from O-AF. I have read that if the bean is good then your body will make enough progesterone to support the pregnancy so I am not sure if I should or should not take the progesterone now that I am on the clomid. (I am also continuing to take 1000 of Metformin).

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I did a monitored cycle in May and they wanted me to use pregnyl shots to boost progesterone and it increased my LP from 12 days to 14 days. I decided I didn't want to use it the next cycle and they tested my progesterone and it was really good just with the clomid but because I had late implantation my hormones all dropped when I got AF so that is why I am now on progesterone pessaries. They really are annoying (and expensive) and I can't wait to get off them. The thing is, if I had used the pregnyl injections I would have had a longer LP and it probably would have given the bean enough time to implant before AF! I would still probably try without progesterone first and see what your levels are like without it.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlieCat View Post
    I wasn't able to get Femara but I did get clomid (yeah!!). I was too afraid to flat out ask my doc for Femara and risk her not giving me either. (I have read on here to never flat out ask for these).

She Rx 50mg cd5-9 take at night. I am just wondering if the directions are different for swaying. Is 5-9 okay? I know some ladies do day 3-7.

I have longer cycles- last one was 35 days so I think day 5-9 sounds right. I am also on Metformin.

I am hoping beyond hope that the clomid will not only help me get prego but help me get my pink bean (I am also on LE diet, went vegetarian and 1600 folic).

never ask for fertility medicines!

NO, the directions are what your doc thinks will be best for you. 5-9 is fine. I feel like we have seen slightly better odds of conception with CD 3-7 but since you have long cycles the 5-9 does make a lot of sense for you.

Are you doing the alternate diet?? Long cycles, on metformin - you need to be on the alternate LE!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...rt-3-pcos.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purple View Post
    I did a monitored cycle in May and they wanted me to use pregnyl shots to boost progesterone and it increased my LP from 12 days to 14 days. I decided I didn't want to use it the next cycle and they tested my progesterone and it was really good just with the clomid but because I had late implantation my hormones all dropped when I got AF so that is why I am now on progesterone pessaries. They really are annoying (and expensive) and I can't wait to get off them. The thing is, if I had used the pregnyl injections I would have had a longer LP and it probably would have given the bean enough time to implant before AF! I would still probably try without progesterone first and see what your levels are like without it.
    You don't know that though, purple. Please don't blame yourself, the fact is that 12 days is more than enough time and progesterone supplements have never been shown in any study to help people get or stay pregnant and more and more doctors are giving up on them. The pregnancy almost certainly ended only because it wasn't developing properly and not anything you did or didn't do.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also Atomic what is your opinion on what was my actual cd1... I had dirty tinted discharge Wed afternoon around 4pm, then some spotting before bed. Started real flow overnight into Thursday. Should I count Wed as day 1 or Thursday? Thanks.

Thursday, but the nice thing is that it really doesn't matter, since you can start the Clomid anywhere from CD 2-5, if you start it on CD 4 instead of 5 it is no big deal, makes no difference

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Purple. I decided to do day 3-7 and I took my first pill last night before bed, after doubling checking BFN on prego test yesterday. I am a bit nervous about side effects but we will wait and see. I guess side effects would at least tell me it is doing its job.

I think in another post I read that you also took progesterone. I have a Rx for progesterone pills (prometrium 100mg) to take from O-AF. I have read that if the bean is good then your body will make enough progesterone to support the pregnancy so I am not sure if I should or should not take the progesterone now that I am on the clomid. (I am also continuing to take 1000 of Metformin).

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is up to you if you use the progesterone. I've read the research and I can draw no other conclusion than that prog supps are nothing more than a placebo (they are not helping anyone get/stay pregnant even in IVF rounds!!!) They are also really expensive, annoying, and many people have bad reactions to them. But I can totally understand that some people just can't leave it lie without trying everything under the sun even if it may not do anything.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You don't know that though, purple. Please don't blame yourself, the fact is that 12 days is more than enough time and progesterone supplements have never been shown in any study to help people get or stay pregnant and more and more doctors are giving up on them. The pregnancy almost certainly ended only because it wasn't developing properly and not anything you did or didn't do.
    The pregnyl shots are actually hcg not progesterone and it makes the body think it is pregnant so it did increase my LP by 2 days so it may have helped stop AF coming but I'm not blaming myself for not taking it. My other pregnancies were fine with 12 days so I had no reason to think this would happen.

But the pregnancy hasn't ended yet... I'm still hanging in there. Weaning off the progesterone supps now and my prog and e2 levels were looking good the other day. Will know more next week when I have a scan.

12. Likes GirlieCat, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent!! Keep us posted!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast