Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also taking Femara, starting my 3rd cycle now. My doctor prescribed it to me because I was not Oing on my own, and it was gentler to the uterus lining which was a bit on the thin side. I knew nothing then about swaying but I am so happy it sways girls because that's what I am hoping for!

2. Thanks LinzNicuRN thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Femara and ttc girl

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It was a couple percentage points better for swaying in one study. It is much better than Clomid in lots of other ways though (like lining, EWCM, odds of twinning, etc) so my love affair with Femara is for those reasons, not necessarily because it's a hugely better sway.

Femara is not strictly approved for use as a fertility medication. It's a cancer drug meant to block estrogen in women who have certain types of cancers that grow in the presence of estrogen. It was also linked to issues with birth defects and miscarriage when taken DURING pregnancy (of course, we don't take it during pregnancy, we take it before, and it leaves the body very quickly anyway - even quicker than Clomid). So these things have skeeved many doctors off prescribing it, since they have to go "off label" and then there's a birth defect correlation (but remember, please no one panic, this was in women taking it as a cancer treatment during pregnancy and not for just 5 days before they even ovulated!!!)

All this results in many people not being able to get Femara because doctors won't prescribe it, and I think that is why most people end up doing Clomid instead.

I love Femara.
    Hi my Dr wants me to start Femara this month so I ovulate.
    Day 3-7 I take pills.
    Day 13 she wants me to get ultrasound to determine eggs and call me if 2 and dont so the deed to avoid twins.

Only thing is I wanted sway for a girl and use settles method.
    Do deed day 10-12. 2 days before ovulation.
    Any suggestions should I ask if I get get scan day 10.
    Or just do the deed day 10 anyway and risk if twins accured.
    Thank you

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Poppins View Post
    Aw yeah so happy, I still can't quite believe it! If there's anything I can do to help anyone else with their sway I'd be more than happy to do so )

I choose Femara as supposedly less chance of multiples, fewer side effects and possibly slightly pinker.

Good luck with your sway!

Xxx
    Hi I would love to know how it sways more pink.
    Dr told me to start doing deed day 13 onwards but to me I thought closer to ovulation you more likely for a boy.
    Would love any info on how I can sway a girl on Femara. Thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jennlee25 View Post
    Hi my Dr wants me to start Femara this month so I ovulate.
    Day 3-7 I take pills.
    Day 13 she wants me to get ultrasound to determine eggs and call me if 2 and dont so the deed to avoid twins.

Only thing is I wanted sway for a girl and use settles method.
    Do deed day 10-12. 2 days before ovulation.
    Any suggestions should I ask if I get get scan day 10.
    Or just do the deed day 10 anyway and risk if twins accured.
    Thank you
    You can't do Shettles with Femara (at least, not the way you're thinking of it) because you don't know when you're going to ovulate. People will O on average 5-10 days after their last pill and so you can't just aim at a particular day and hope it will work out.

RE the twin thing - we have quite a lot of people who have 2 eggs and then only end up with one baby. In fact most docs will have people go ahead with 2 eggs, just not 3 or 4 or more. So you may really cut your chances by skipping months on Femara since you can only take it for 6 months max. But of course that's your and your doctor's choice to make, just so you're aware of the risk that you may not ever make less than 2 eggs on the Femara!

Timing doesn't sway. It really doesn't work and not only has it been totally debunked by science but it's also given many of us opposites. And by DTD 3 days in a row, that has been very ineffective for pink and in fact what we have BLUE swayers do. For reasons we do not understand, having just one attempt has been best results for pink.

What I would have you do instead is do OPK strips and have one attempt at the first positive OPK. This is still a cutoff, but will be better odds of conception than just randomly picking a day and having an attempt that day!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Dr told me to start doing deed day 13 onwards but to me I thought closer to ovulation you more likely for a boy.
    We don't know how it works but Femara has been shown in studies and our experience to sway pink.

DTD at O does NOT make boys. Totally debunked and most of the people on this site have timing opposites. I got my girl late at night the night before O day and 3 boys with cutoffs. Here is the case against timing. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know how it works but Femara has been shown in studies and our experience to sway pink.

DTD at O does NOT make boys. Totally debunked and most of the people on this site have timing opposites. I got my girl late at night the night before O day and 3 boys with cutoffs. Here is the case against timing. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, all, I've been reading these boards and TTC for more that a year now, hoping and praying this last one might be a little girl to join my wonderful three little boys. Well, I'm happy to say that I'm now nearly 7 weeks pregnant after my first round of Femara! Just a word of encouragement for those of you who have struggled to conceive, Femara really really worked for me so I do think it's amazing that way.

Anyways, after so long, I did decide at some point I just wanted to get pregnant again and I really dropped most sway tactics and really the only things I did was the LE diet to some degree (skipping breakfast and watching how much I ate) and the Femara (which incidentally is a sway tactic I never thought I would try; in a perfect world, I would have actually avoided the meds if I could have). We did TI and as for timing, we just did what the RE recommended, the night before O and the night of. Of course, I don't know what gender I'm carrying yet but I will definitely update when I know!

I do have a question though Atomic, it really has nothing to do with swaying but I noticed you said just because you have 2 mature follicles you're not necessarily going to go on to have twins. Do you know what the odds of twins are based on the number of mature follicles you have ? I actually had two mature (with pretty high E2) and one that was darn close the day before O, so now I'm just a bit nervous about the possibility of twins (or more!). Thanks so much for your advice!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Share315 View Post
    Hi, all, I've been reading these boards and TTC for more that a year now, hoping and praying this last one might be a little girl to join my wonderful three little boys. Well, I'm happy to say that I'm now nearly 7 weeks pregnant after my first round of Femara! Just a word of encouragement for those of you who have struggled to conceive, Femara really really worked for me so I do think it's amazing that way.

Anyways, after so long, I did decide at some point I just wanted to get pregnant again and I really dropped most sway tactics and really the only things I did was the LE diet to some degree (skipping breakfast and watching how much I ate) and the Femara (which incidentally is a sway tactic I never thought I would try; in a perfect world, I would have actually avoided the meds if I could have). We did TI and as for timing, we just did what the RE recommended, the night before O and the night of. Of course, I don't know what gender I'm carrying yet but I will definitely update when I know!

I do have a question though Atomic, it really has nothing to do with swaying but I noticed you said just because you have 2 mature follicles you're not necessarily going to go on to have twins. Do you know what the odds of twins are based on the number of mature follicles you have ? I actually had two mature (with pretty high E2) and one that was darn close the day before O, so now I'm just a bit nervous about the possibility of twins (or more!). Thanks so much for your advice!
    I'm pregnant too for the second time with femara for a girl sway ( miscarried at 6 weeks few weeks ago ) I waited for my period and now I'm pregnant again at 4 weeks. I've gotten pregnant with both on first cycle with femara for this sway. I relaxed about the diet in the end but did the same with no breakfast,meat, snacking etc. also took metformin because I have PCOs. Ive also been feeling quite hopeless about buying a house after we sold which I think is good for a sway. I really hope this works out either way because I don't think I can handle another loss. It was devastating . I'm also wondering if it could twins (like I do with every pregnancy lol ) because my symptoms are so strong already at 4 weeks. I haven't had issues conceiving without femara in the past. Always first cycle so it makes me nervous. Twin girls would be fun though

Fingers crossed to you with it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    two beautiful (4) (2) who are my everything

Nipt test confirmed girl early next year !!!

LE PCOS diet, metformin, femara for sway only

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Share315 View Post

Huge congrats Share! And Hopefull!

The odds are not something that are calculatable the way you're thinking of it because different women have different egg quality, etc. And this is largely down to age, genetics, and individual health issues. So a woman who is really young and in good health may have sky high chances of twins with 2 follies, but a 44 year old with diabetes and a family history of trisomy might release 4 eggs and not get pregnant viably at all, if that makes sense.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    Thanks so much for your reply. What you're saying does make perfect sense about the number of follicles and the likelihood of twins (or more). I did ask a couple other people including my RE the same question and I could tell no one really wanted to put a number on it. I guess it's just different for every woman. Thanks for explaining it in a way that really makes it really easy to understand. You are truly a wealth of knowledge!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast