Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Blood Sugar Levels - help!!!

Hi, I know that DW blood sugar levels should be low but does it not matter about DH's sugar levels? Thanks

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just as glucose provides energy for the muscles, so does fructose energize sperm; low levels of fructose suggest sluggish sperm that may die long before reaching the egg.

I know that based on IVF research where the embryos are cultured in glucose media, more babies are male and the males are faster growing. Sperm need fructose to be able to activate but keeping with the theme of lower sperm count=more females, it probably can't hurt to keep sugar levels lower in DH too.

Hopefully, Atomic will jump in and answer as well.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It can't hurt for DH to have low blood sugar when you DTD and may help. I don't think it makes too much difference beforehand though and is probably nowhere near as important as lowering DH's testosterone and lowering his sperm count through other, more proven methods (heat, abstaining/frequent BD). We already ask a lot from our husbands when we sway anyway, I don't think we need to ask them to go hungry for weeks on end too!!! (One of my fundamental rules of swaying - "If daddy ain't happy, nobody's happy!")

Keeping YOUR blood glucose levels on the low side helps to send that message to your body that times are tough and a girl might have a better shot at survival. But most importantly is the two week period AFTER the egg has been fertilized. XX seem to develop better in a low glucose environment and XY seem to develop better in a medium glucose environment. No one likes high glucose and if you're in good health, your body has mechanisms that ensure your glucose levels don't get extremely high.

It's very probable that healthy blastocysts of either gender can thrive just fine in any conditions, remember that women have conceived children for a million years in all kinds of conditions and most of them turned out just fine. The lowering blood glucose is just something we can do to help give our little beans the best possible shot. It's not a make or break thing where if you eat too much one day you killed your baby or anything like that. Don't stress over it, just keep it in mind.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ