Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

temps and OPK don't match up... ???

I'm currently on CD 22.

I've been charting my temps on Fertility Friend. I haven't been charting CM because it's dried up so much from the diet, supps, zyrtec....

I've also been taking OPKs since CD 13. Every day they have been negative.

Tonight for curiosity's sake, I removed my OPK results from Fertility Friend. Without the negative OPKs, Fertility Friend estimates ovulation around CD 19. With the negative OPKs, it says that I haven't ovulated yet.

If I remember correctly, I may have had some slight cramping around CD 18 and 19 (ovulation pain?).

What do I make of these signs not matching up?
    Last edited by squamgirl; September 29th, 2011 at 12:31 AM.
    Loving my two
    So excited to add a to our family

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How often are you testing and is your urine too dilulted.. could you have missed your surge?
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am also trying to solve an OPK puzzle. It seems I don't get a positive until the day of O according to my temps too. Good luck and i hope you solve your mystery
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    it's very possible for OPKs to miss your surge if you just test once per day or drink a lot of fluids and have a short LH surge, I'd be incline to trust temps over OPKs because you can ovulate without ever getting a pos OPK

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hate testing!!! It is so much trouble, trying to remember not to pee for 4 hours. I can't drink anything other than my weak coffee before 1 pm to be able to last that long. Then I spend the rest of my day guzzling crystal light and peppermint tea to try to get the recommended amount in. How does anyone manage to test twice? I was contemplating getting up 4 hours after going to sleep but would have to ensure I have another 4 hours sleep after that to get an accurate BBT. I swear, sometimes this feels like a full time job!!
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdreams View Post
    I am also trying to solve an OPK puzzle. It seems I don't get a positive until the day of O according to my temps too. Good luck and i hope you solve your mystery
    I did the same too.... when charting earlier this year. See how it goes this time now we are swaying up again lol
    Fathers Day baby!

Busy Mummy of 5 now working from home: www.oz.scentsy.com.au

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used Clearblue Digital tests mid-afternoon, just once a day. They are expensive but they always worked and I never had any doubt of what a positive looked like - a smiley face is easy to decipher!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been testing every afternoon at 1:30. As some of you have mentioned, it's really hard to go four hours without peeing.

My first three or four tests were with Answer tests, after that I switched to ClearBlue Digital tests. I thought about testing twice a day to make sure I didn't miss the surge, but the tests are so pricey that I opted no to do it.

Coincidentally, the last time we DTD was on CD 19 (when Fertility Friend says that I possibly O'd). After that, DH got sick and we haven't been able to. So we thought our attempt was over. But if I'm going to go with Fertility Friend, I guess I'm in the 2WW!

pinkdreams- you are so right, this does feel like a full-time job!

Thank you TTC friends! I really appreciate the answers and support!
    Last edited by squamgirl; September 29th, 2011 at 10:54 AM.
    Loving my two

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ACK!!!!!

I just entered this morning's temp on Fertility Friend and because the temp has dropped a bit, it no longer shows that I've ovulated. This puzzle is too dang confusing!!!
    Loving my two

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by squamgirl View Post
    I've been testing every afternoon at 1:30. but the tests are so pricey that I opted no to do it.
    Try testing a bit later -let's say around 4pm, bcos maybe your LH needs more time to built up.
    I was getting lots of -OPK ( or super faint lines which counts as negative I believe) when I was testing early. Around 4pm I'm getting accurate results

I'm testing once a day for the same reason - price!!!! It's not bcos I'm cheap, but I'm already spending a fortune on supps, so....

Temping is more reliable then OPKs
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast