Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not ovulating

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not ovulating

Amy advice ladies gratefully received. I have been trying to conceive baby number four since June.

Had a progesterone draw last month and the result was borderline, but since my period started two days after the blood was taken the gp thought that maybe progesterone peak had passed. Anyway had another blood draw taken this month at cd 19, I usually ovulate at cd 14 or 15. Anyway results are back but news is not great gp no ovulation this month. Am gutted but did wonder, my body geared up to ovulate around cd 14 but I had no temp spike. I had a static smilie on the clear blue digital ovulation sticks on cd 18 and a temp spike cd 19. I thought that is when I ovulated. But I had the blood draw that morning ( of cd 19) if the blood draw happened before ovulation would that account for the result? Also ff only gave me crosshairstoday and said I was 3 dpo, indicating I ovulated on Monday, which does not make sense to me. Will try to add my chart. Thanks ladies x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My chart if anyone can make sense, expecting af today or today, which at best will be a 7 day lp ! Thanks for any advice x

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not convinced you ever ovulated. With that short of an LP and lack of a decent temp rise to indicate ovulation happened, I'm inclined to think that this was an anovulatory cycle.

These can happen from time to time. I think it's good you are being evaluated.

FX and GL to you!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

5. Thanks Girlieplease thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xxforhubby, given my result from the gp, that would make sense. It concurs with what you are thinking. Feeling so hopeless about all this, am weepy today, probably the hormones! So hard to think about continuing with the diet and exercise when I don't think I have any chance of conceiving. Gp has referred me but it may be many months before am seen. They said they would contact me six weeks before the appt and I have not heard anything yet so at least two months. Trying to be positive hopefully it will give me a few more failed months behind me and they may be more likely to act when I get an appointment. The longer this process goes on the more my strictness to the diet and exercise is slipping, so it all feels very pointless! :-( . Thanks for responding x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Xxforhubby isn't there a decent temp rise from cd 18 until cd 23? I know ff did not think so but I have had less rises before and it has said ovulation. I thought the rise and drop a few days before knocked ff off? X

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is small rises, but not one that is sustained for long. Plus, it never really got much higher than you pre-o temps.

Don't despair! This can happen and resolve! The body will work to resolve this. I would do 2-4 eggs a week, a serving of full fat dairy, and maybe consider a serving of fish a week. This can give your body the ingredients for good hormone production. I would stick to the upper limits for fat and protein right now.

FX so hard for you! This will happen for you- I just know it!!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

9. Thanks Girlieplease, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks xxforhubby I really appreciate the input. I have already incorporated 4-6 eggs per week, full fat diary per day and one portion of meat per week. Started that in June when I was concerned about 8-9 day lp on atomic advice, in in August I increased calorie intake but really the situation is worse since I did this, so it has not made any difference! :'( x

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    Thanks xxforhubby I really appreciate the input. I have already incorporated 4-6 eggs per week, full fat diary per day and one portion of meat per week. Started that in June when I was concerned about 8-9 day lp on atomic advice, in in August I increased calorie intake but really the situation is worse since I did this, so it has not made any difference! :'( x
    Well, you don't know that, it may have been that things would be even worse without having done that.

I don't want you to despair. I know it's a hard situation to be in but your body WILL be working to fix things. It's tempting to think of the body like a computer that we have to know the right "fix" but the human body works on its own. Just keep eating better, getting enough rest, cut back on the exercise, maybe even gain a lb. or two and things will normalize.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks Girlieplease thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlieplease View Post
    Well, you don't know that, it may have been that things would be even worse without having done that.

I don't want you to despair. I know it's a hard situation to be in but your body WILL be working to fix things. It's tempting to think of the body like a computer that we have to know the right "fix" but the human body works on its own. Just keep eating better, getting enough rest, cut back on the exercise, maybe even gain a lb. or two and things will normalize.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

14. Thanks Girlieplease thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast