Thread: Dreaming PINK!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dreaming PINK!

Hello! I have recently fallen upon this website and my head is spinning! I just want to know if I am on the right track. I really want another girl to complete our family!!

I have a 5 year old girl, 3 year old boy and 1.5 year old boy. We conceived our girl after I had lost 15 pounds through weight watchers and we BD on CD 19. OHW!! Maybe an 0+12 situation? Then with baby #3 we tried for a boy and conceived him right away. Then my husband sabotaged my TTC pink with baby #3 and we got another boy. haha. We DTD about two days before ovulation and he was supposed to pull out like usual but he didn't.

When I conceived our girl 6 years ago I was down to about 165lbs with BMI of 25. This summer I lost about 16 pounds and I am down to 185lbs. 165 was really low for me. I am 5' 8'' and I have big feet and hands. Right now my BMI is 28. Do I need to do all I can to loose the 20 pounds before we TTC a girl? When we conceived our boys I hadn't lost any weight.

In addition to a low-cal diet, here are other things I am doing- magnesium, calcium, and folic acid vitamins. I have been tracking with LH strips and checking CM to check ovulation. I also ordered a thermometer to aid in pinpointing O. I seem to ovulate later in my cycle. I have been on weight watchers since June and I have lost 10 pounds. I'm thinking about taking Aspirin a few times a week. How long should I do this? Anything I should add?

I'm going to have DH abstain from AF to 2 days before O. I will use RepHresh 3 days before attempt. Then at 2 days before O, DH and I will take Zertec (cetirizine) 6 hours before TTC and take Benedryl (dephenydramine) 1-2 hours before. I will also Jump and Dump. Am I piling on too much?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dreaming PINK!

Welcome Deb. Sounds like quite a lot you have planned. Maybe too much. I am quoting the great XXforhubby below. She is an awesome fellow swayer who recently posted this info on another new swayers post. I thought it fit like a glove for you. Just remember less is sometimes more and sticking to the basics has great results. Definitely stop the magnesium and calcium. What age are you and DH? That can sometimes change frequency advice. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXforhubby View Post
    My heart breaks for what you went through! I cannot imagine...

I can tell you what is working for most people, and that sways girl with a 75-65% success rate.

* LE diet 12+ weeks or longer. 1500-1800 calories, 40-50g protein, 40-60g fat. Most of us use myfitnesspal app to track protein and fat amounts. No meat, vegetarian of you can, and vegetable sources for fat (think vegetable oils instead of butter).

* Exercise 6+ weeks or longer. Cardio only for 60min a day for 5-7 days a week. It has to be 60 straight minutes without stopping. Walking is fine- it doesn't have to be running.

* One attempt at positive opk. You can also BD (baby dance) every 4 days when AF (Aunt Flo) ends until you go past the latest you've ever ovulated OR until CD21 (this is in case ovulation is delayed).

* Coffee, alcohol (any thing you like), fiber before fatty meals (only if you have some weight to lose or at a higher BMI).

* Folic Acid or Folate- 1200mcg-1600mcg. This is to prevent neural tube defects. This doesn't sway one way or another but is necessary for a healthy baby.

* Clomid or Femara if you can get it.

You may read in here some people JD (jumping and dumping right after BDing), using lubricants/jellys, or pH. Most of us do not do these anymore as they prevent/delay conception. If you need a lube for comfort, use a sperm friendly lubricant like Preseed, Conceive Plus, or Astroglide TTC. Only put a small amount on DH and NOT use the whole applicator (this would sway blue).

Most of us do not take any supplements like Calcium, Magnesium, Vitamin D, or prenatal vitamins. These sway blue heavily. That being said, if you have a deficiency or your doctor recommends you take something, then that is fine.

That's about it! Do not hesitate to start a new thread and ask any question you have. We are all here to help! I'm hoping and praying that you conceive a healthy, baby (hopefully girl!) real soon! I'll be following!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart
    Last edited by GirlieCat; September 7th, 2016 at 11:58 PM.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

3. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this! Walking can be considered cardio? I have my three littles with me almost all the time and an hour of intense cardio is almost impossible but I walk with them a lot and they obviously keep me busy but nothing intense. I am 28 and my hubby is 29. We are apparently very fertile. Also, I can track with weight watchers because the app calculates the points but I'm worried if I do the LE diet that I will not be able to keep up with all the calculating!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Walking is great! Just make sure to have it be 60 min without stopping.

Weight watchers is great!

Keep up the good work!

DS1, DS2 , & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

6. Likes Mrs_Bx liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fantastic! That's a huge relief. I'm thinking abstinence instead of frequency because of our ages? 28 and 29?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Debahlgrim View Post
    Hello! I have recently fallen upon this website and my head is spinning! I just want to know if I am on the right track. I really want another girl to complete our family!!

I have a 5 year old girl, 3 year old boy and 1.5 year old boy. We conceived our girl after I had lost 15 pounds through weight watchers and we BD on CD 19. OHW!! Maybe an 0+12 situation? Then with baby #3 we tried for a boy and conceived him right away. Then my husband sabotaged my TTC pink with baby #3 and we got another boy. haha. We DTD about two days before ovulation and he was supposed to pull out like usual but he didn't.

When I conceived our girl 6 years ago I was down to about 165lbs with BMI of 25. This summer I lost about 16 pounds and I am down to 185lbs. 165 was really low for me. I am 5' 8'' and I have big feet and hands. Right now my BMI is 28. Do I need to do all I can to loose the 20 pounds before we TTC a girl? When we conceived our boys I hadn't lost any weight.

In addition to a low-cal diet, here are other things I am doing- magnesium, calcium, and folic acid vitamins. I have been tracking with LH strips and checking CM to check ovulation. I also ordered a thermometer to aid in pinpointing O. I seem to ovulate later in my cycle. I have been on weight watchers since June and I have lost 10 pounds. I'm thinking about taking Aspirin a few times a week. How long should I do this? Anything I should add?

I'm going to have DH abstain from AF to 2 days before O. I will use RepHresh 3 days before attempt. Then at 2 days before O, DH and I will take Zertec (cetirizine) 6 hours before TTC and take Benedryl (dephenydramine) 1-2 hours before. I will also Jump and Dump. Am I piling on too much?
    Hi and welcome Deb!

We have found through trial and error that timing is actually not what seems to sway, it actually may be that you had one attempt that helped get you your little girl, in addition to your weight loss.

We've had good success with people doing Weight Watchers for pink and if you like it, it's fine for you to stick to. I do want to stress that it's important that you are eating enough, too. I get nervous when I see people say they are on a low cal diet because often that is much too low for a healthy pregnancy. I like for most people to do 1500-1800 cals, 40-50 g protein, and 30-60 g fat.

Cal-mag is at your discretion. A lot of us on here got boys using it and so it was easy for us to try something new (namely, TTC without it LOL) and I personally gave it up to successfully sway for my daughter. But I understand that is a biggie for people and so I do allow you guys to do it if you choose, just be sure you're doing supplements and not massive dairy intake, and also avoid the Vit. D that sometimes comes in cal supps.

All the other stuff you mention - abstain, the jellies, aspirin, the antihistamines, timing, none of them have worked for us and have cut odds of conception. It's fine if you want to try them initially, just that I'd urge you to drop those things FIRST before you start adding attempts.

I would also urge you to add in cardio 60 min. 6-7 days a week if at all possible as this has been a great sway for us.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Debahlgrim View Post
    Thank you for this! Walking can be considered cardio? I have my three littles with me almost all the time and an hour of intense cardio is almost impossible but I walk with them a lot and they obviously keep me busy but nothing intense. I am 28 and my hubby is 29. We are apparently very fertile. Also, I can track with weight watchers because the app calculates the points but I'm worried if I do the LE diet that I will not be able to keep up with all the calculating!
    Yes walking is fine for cardio just be sure you go a full 60 minutes and don't eat while you're doing it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ