Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

*Advice* What Would You Do?

If this were possibly your last month to TTC, what would you do?

A) Take 100mg Clomid cd1-5 or cd2-6 (recommendation from my RE)

OR

B) Take nothing and just let go. Still have well timed BDing until 12/20 when DH gets his vasectomy, because we will need to BD everyday to "clean the pipes".

I'm so torn! I'm ready to be done, I've been swaying and TTCing since February of this year. We have decided that since it isn't happening for us, and we don't want to keep TTCing indefinitely, that my DH will get a vasectomy. However, my DH will still BD unprotected.

Thank you!!

DS1, DS2, DS3
    Peace, Love, & Motherhood
    My Ovulation Chart
    Last edited by XXforhubby; November 6th, 2016 at 10:03 AM.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd take the clomid. Even just for one cycle. Even just to feel you've given it all you've got and if it doesn't happen maybe wasn't meant to be.

3. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I would do the clomid again, but why those days? I have never heard of starting day 1.
    Pregnant with baby GIRL #2, due August 2019
    Successful girl sway, born in 2017.

5. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

My RE wants me to take it that early because of my huge delay in ovulation. He has had great luck with it taken on those days with someone in my situation. However, I'm leaning toward taking it on CD2-6. I don't want to have too many eggs, especially since I'd be taking 100mg.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    My Ovulation Chart

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be closely monitored if I take it CD1-5 and unmonitored CD2-6.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    My Ovulation Chart

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not really my place, and not what you are asking for advice on BUT are you both 100% sure if a V is the way to go... could he not put it off till the new year? A V is very final.

Good luck with whatever you decide xxx
    2 beautiful blue eyed boys who both own my (3 if you count DH!)
    2012 2014

How strange it is to miss someone who has never existed... but now you are here, I recognised your beautiful face instantly, my little missing puzzle piece 2017

'No one knows when or how their story ends...' My wonderful mum 2014.

9. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have no knowledge about this but if it was me I would take the clomid and go with re advice if he/ she has had good results and because you will be better monitored. Based on no science just what I would opt for if I was you. Good luck, I stalk the 2 ww page regularly hoping for positive news from you and momamia, keeping everything crossed for you! X

11. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kittybear View Post
    It's not really my place, and not what you are asking for advice on BUT are you both 100% sure if a V is the way to go... could he not put it off till the new year? A V is very final.

Good luck with whatever you decide xxx
    We've been talking about this since I got pregnant with my DS3. We both do not want to TTC forever, and we have to stop at some point. Regardless if we choose to stop now or later on, a deadline will come. We agreed to TTC until December, and then we would re-evaluate. While my DH shows up every month, he hasn't been too keen on having 4 kids. Plus, I've gotten to the point where I just want to be done. I'm tired of TTC, not because of getting BFNs, but because I'm ready to be done having babies. I stumbled upon a lovely article where the author clearly articulates how I feel- In which I am learning to live with the ache | Sarah Bessey. I can relate to this author in so many ways- including not being very motherly as a young girl and not really feeling like I wanted to have kids. Boy was I wrong, and boy am I sure glad I took the leap of faith to have our children! I won't have any regrets, because we've been trying since February. My only regret is that we didn't start having kids sooner. My sweet DS3 is such a mama's boy and is helping me through this time in my life. I think if he weren't so attached to me, I may not feel so comfortable with it all.

Thank you for making sure that I'm comfortable and prepared for this decision.

DS1, DS2, DS3
    My Ovulation Chart
    Last edited by XXforhubby; November 6th, 2016 at 02:34 PM.

13. Likes Kittybear liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck xx with whatever you decide to do. I don't know enough to give you any advice other than go with what feels right for you. It sounds like you have thought long and hard about this and are in a good place to make decisions that are not rash or spur of the moment. I will keep everything crossed for you that this month or December you get your bfp or that if not I wish you all the best with making the tough decisions that you need to make.

15. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Personally, in your shoes I would take the clomid (though probably just on days 2-6 because I'm really terrified of the thought of twins, lol) just to feel like I gave it a really good last shot. But it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. Good luck and I wish you peace and happiness with whatever you decide, XX. :-)
    Surprise 2012. FGD sway opposite 2015
    Jan. 2017 (swayed pink).
    LE sway opposite 2017

17. Thanks XXforhubby thanked for this post