Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face Feel like my usual diet is so blue that it's so hard to change! Anyone else struggling?

Hi, suppose I'm just looking to get it off my chest but I'm really struggling with the pink diet! My usual diet is so blue I'd almost be guaranteed another son so in the hope of us having a daughter I know I need to make huge changes. I normally snack a lot, drink a lot of fizzy pop (I have PCOS so the caffeine in this wasn't making it a pink thing), I eat ALOT of meat, red meat a few times a week and potatoes with nearly every meal. Which was always an oversized portion. Then afterwards I would snack until bedtime, normally on chocolate and biscuits.
    I just feel like the change is so hard!
    Anyone else feel this way?

2. Likes Wantanother2017 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was also just looking into getting some saw palmetto. I did a quick search on here because I didn't know which one to buy, holland and Barrett have the extract of saw palmetto which is the only one that seems to be 320g? I'm worried about the supps incase they have hidden nutrients!
    When I searched on here though I seen on one of the threads someone said that vitex and sp don't really sway much. It wasn't by atomic though. Wondering if I should take them at all. Although as I have PCOS I need to lower testosterone so maybe in cases such as mine it's better to take them?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you doing the PCOS diet?

It took me a few weeks to really get into the swing of things, and I'm still finding I'm struggling the last week of every cycle. Craving fortified foods and just wanting to eat constantly. :/
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

5. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I am trying to do the pcos diet, and probably failing miserably! I'm really food fussy so the diet examples on here I just would struggle to follow. I'm trying to follow the same principles though,basically LE without lots of empty carbs and trying to only raise my blood sugar levels with eating (or drinking anything that would do so) just twice or three times a day. I really hope I'm doing ok.
    What supps are you taking if you don't mind me asking? I have vitex which I'm starting this cycle coming up and I've been thinking about sp but I read you can't take it with peppermint tea and I think I'd rather drink that 3 times a day than take another supp. Unless the sp is a better tactic of course!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm struggling too!

I've had to do a more PCOS version, despite not having it, because the normal girl diet was how I used to eat & probably the start of many of my & my son's allergies/autoimmune conditions. There's no way I could go back to white carbs, sugary stuff or alcohol.

What I've done is stopped the snacking and just kept going with coffee all morning, vegetarian lunch with some sort of carb - brown rice or wholemeal pasta, peppermint tea all afternoon and then normal dinner, just smaller portion of meat (although have guiltily had seconds sometimes). I still have pudding and chocolate after, I literally can't cope without! I'm still struggling, though, have a few good days & then binge & regret it. I feel constantly hungry without my legumes/salmon at lunch. I hope what I'm doing is enough (& can stick it out for another couple of months!).

Re supplements, I have been doing vitex for ages to regulate cycles after breastfeeding my son. It worked like a dream, from all over the place to 29 days exactly & without the pain I was getting. However, I now wonder whether I should stop - reading previous posts about delaying Ov/messing with fertility if taken too long. Otherwise slowly weaning myself off all the others I take!

Good luck, lots of hand holding, we're in this together!

8. Thanks EnglishDame, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one, it always seems like everyone is on top of their game on here! I'm starting fibre tonight too. Finding exercise hard to fit in but I feel like it's an easier tactic for me to do than the diet.
    Nothing worth having comes easy, trying to remind myself of that!
    Last edited by EnglishDame; October 31st, 2016 at 05:57 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    After 40 weeks on the vegetarian LE diet & having previously been a meat lover & all day snacker & would say my best advice would be to start slowly. I started by just having 3 meals a day only & no snacks at all. Next I dropped breakfast - this was much harder & it took a whole month to adjust. I just ate lunch earlier around 10am initially &then slowly stretched it each day by 15min or so until I was eating lunch around 1130/12. To be honest I dont even get hungry now until lunchtime. I am so used to eating twice a day I dont really think about it anymore. You can do this. I totally agree that the LE isnt just possible - I have hardly felt on a "diet" as such. Yes Im not eating meat but I still get to include chips, lollies. chocolate etc within my daily limits. just go slow at the beginning & it will be easier.
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

11. Thanks EnglishDame, weeziewoozles thanked for this post
    Likes Wantanother2017 liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's a constant struggle for sure! The snacking is the worst for me. I'll do really well with it for a few days but then I find myself wandering into the kitchen an hour after having lunch for something or other. It's been bad lately with all the dang Halloween treats lying around.
    It does help though to have a bottle of water with me at all times. It will stave off the snacking a bit.
    Have you tried replacing ground beef with ground chicken or turkey? With the exception of hamburgers, I now sub ground chicken for everything else. Chicken tacos are delicious! I've never been a big steak eater so I don't miss that.
    I saw a great suggestion once for people who can't help but go for seconds (me!). This person said to plate the food and then clean everything up and put away leftovers. You'd be less likely to go for more if you have to take everything out of the fridge and reheat it in order to have more. I know it's not always easy to do that but it's worth a shot. Serve yourself a small portion and then put everything away before you sit down to eat.
    Mama to four sweet boys
    January 2017

13. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah it's so hard!! I'm hungry all the time! I'm hitting the cardio really hard which makes me even more hungry! I am always great skipping breakfast and then lunch around 12 and then lately I have an early dinner around 4 or 5 and then by 8 I'm starving and have to eat otherwise I can't sleep! I try to hold off to eat a later dinner but shoot it's difficult!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2011 2013 2015 dreaming pink!
    Gotta love those even numbers!

15. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You have to make some changes though for the sake of the PCO too. Try to keep focused on how much better it's going to be for your overall health to stop the snacking on sugary stuff and also how it's going to help you get pregnant!!

I think you're going to be better off, instead of focusing on how huge the changes you need to make, going the opposite route and starting off with small, easy to make changes that don't feel so overwhelming. Ease yourself into it instead of diving in headfirst and forgive yourself when you fall a little short. Remember, even if you only change a handful of things, that is STILL a pink sway. I had to make a diet and guidelines because people wanted them, but really the key is eating different than when you got your boy(s)!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

17. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Likes kc15880, Lissastick liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast