Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone?...

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Has anyone?...

Just wondering if any one has ever fallen pregnant straight after a miscarriage - without waiting for your next period?

I know the norm/recommendation/suggestion/medical advise is to wait until you have had a period for numerous reasons.. but that could take 4 to 6 weeks or even longer - when your body is ready (as we are all diffs).. I just dont feel like waiting and waiting and waiting... (Even though i probably should).

My GP did say to try wait for my period (and when im emotionally ready).. so i have already been given his professional opinion (which i respect) but i just feel like its all taking ages and i just want to move on already..

Any advise / experiences would be appreciated xx

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

2. Likes keyrieann_quigle liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We tried straight away after my second miscarriage but didn't fall pregnant straight away. I was told at the time they prefer you to wait to enable dating of the pregnancy to be easier but I'm not sure if that's true don't quote me. Good luck whatever you decide.

4. Thanks squigglepink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishDame View Post
    We tried straight away after my second miscarriage but didn't fall pregnant straight away. I was told at the time they prefer you to wait to enable dating of the pregnancy to be easier but I'm not sure if that's true don't quote me. Good luck whatever you decide.
    Yes - that is true as my GP mentioned the same - dating reasons etc and just for your body to get back into cycle etc..

Thanks for sharing x

Happy with my crew and no more are due xx

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People have. As a general rule I think that most of the time, if your body is not ready you won't get pregnant. BUT, since most of the time is not all the time, I do like people who have had a late 1st tri loss (like 10-12 weeks) to wait a cycle and also if you've had a D and C.

If you have an early loss like 4-6 weeks I think it's fine to TTC first cycle too.

All that having been said, I think a LOT of the "wait a month" idea is based in part on that old, old assumption that women are a millimeter away from being unhinged and "smart doctors" have to protect us from ourselves so they have to make sure we're "psychologically stable" before TTC again. But many of us find that we don't start to feel better UNTIL we are TTC again. So follow your heart.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks squigglepink, ELP thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh guys, that dating idea is just them making plausible things up to keep you from getting pregnant before they think they should.

In the age of ultrasound, they can date a pregnancy without any issues whatsoever.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes EnglishDame liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got pregnant right after my early loss. I lost the baby the last week of April and got a positive pregnancy test at the end of May. My doctor made the comment "Are you guys doing it everyday??" but that's just his bedside manner.
    Last edited by ahorn586; November 13th, 2016 at 02:11 PM.
    Mom to four wonderful boys 6/2009 2/2011 11/2017 3/2019
    M/C2010
    Surprise BFP!! Baby # 5 Due Feb 5th 2021 IT'S A GIRL!!!

11. Thanks squigglepink thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My best friend did, but she got a boy (after b, g)!

13. Likes squigglepink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was told the dating was the main issue which was stupid as my cycles were irregular anyway do they never believed my dates. I always know pretty close to a day or two when I ovulate so I don't think dating is an issue.

I did intend to try after my last mc but in the end for some reason we didn't make an attempt that close to ovulation.

Goodluck

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

15. Thanks squigglepink thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wouldn't a scan determine your date anyway so I wouldn't let that hold you back! Go with your gut, if you feel you'd like to go for it there's no harm in trying hun! Waiting around is such a pain!! Hope your feeling ok apart from everything else, keep us posted xxx

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

17. Thanks squigglepink thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    i lost my second child at 18 weeks, she was born on the 3rd (natural delivery no induction, d&c or other surgery) and my first (and only) period after her birth started the 30th/31st of that same month. we started ttc right after she was born and i had 1 period before falling pregnant again so i fell pregnant roughly 5 weeks after her birth.. end result a healthy full-term baby boy.

i was told to wait 3 months "just because" but couldnt stand not bin pregnant.. all i would say is do what feels right for you and i wish you all the best for a happy, healthy, full-term pregnancy xx
    now 6blue5pink

19. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast