Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Failed Girl Sway Feedback

Hi Atomic, (or anyone else who wants to help!)

I was hoping to get your feedback on my failed sway. I am trying to understand what I did wrong so that I can make corrections for our next attempt. We won't be trying again for a good 16-18 months but i would really like to be prepared this time and wrap my head around the diet. Last summer i was shocked to find out that i needed to be on it for at least 12 weeks and since timing was an issue that is something i didn't do. I was only on it for 9 weeks and i felt rushed to understand the LE diet and apply it properly. This time i want to take my time and be gradual with it.

Looking at my sway i feel ai didn't do it long enough - 9 weeks - and i also ate ALOT of high potassium foods on a daily basis. I know you said this didn't matter but perhaps eating them every single day especially leading up to tic made an impact. I ate a lot of potatoes and tomato sauce every single day. I don't think I got much calcium at all since I went Vegan and stayed away from all dairy in the final weeks. I didn't take any supplements at all. I skipped breakfast and only ate two meals. I had wine every night and candy and bread and rice. Now I do know that i have trouble stabilizing my blood sugar so perhaps it wasn't low enough. IN the mornings i would have coffee and i walked for 60 minutes almost every day in the final 5 weeks.

I really want to understand what I could have "done better" or fixed etc. So that way when I am ready to do it again I can take my time with it and be more relaxed and have fun with it. Ill come up with meal ideas from now until then and it will be a better journey for me. With this pregnancy just to add... the day in and around we conceived was the same time frame I had about 4 interviews for a new job, and the following week we signed papers to buy a new house and I was ending my maternity leave and finding care for my son along with packing up our house. It was the most stressful time of my life so I'm sure my T was crazy high.

I really want to take my time with this next sway and ease into it. Make it sort of gradual. Start with a few changes now and continue from there leading up the the 12 weeks prior to the next planned TTC month and then ill do the final steps. But for now I just need help understanding my mistakes.

Thank you
    Lucky wife to my DH and lucky mom to two sweet boys
    Ready for a pink sway

2. Thanks r_azoriana thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to hear your previous sway didn't go the way you are hoping. Guess this is always a possibility. Can't remember who said it on here but someone else had this great attitude about how much that little bubs must have wanted to be part of your family if it managed to overcome all your sway strategies. I try to keep this in mind just incase my future sway doesn't work either. I will be swaying blue so don't have any specific feedback for you but just wanted to wish you luck. Sending you lots of pink dust.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry its not your daughter hun but congrats on your pregnancy... i think no matter how strict we stick to the pink sway rules its still not 100 percent so please dont beat yourself about it..we can only try to influence the gender but i think no matter what its still out of our control.. good luck on your pregnancy and when your son is here i bet he will melt your heart xx

5. Likes Erin514, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    12 weeks or more on diet is best results.

Personally, I do not think the potassium was the issue at all, nor any lack of calcium, since we have tons of other people doing that and still getting girls. I ate potatoes at least once a day and often more, and tomato sauce or salsa or ketchup that often too. I was at my lowest calcium intake of my life. This was after I got boys taking and eating massive calcium.

What did you guys do in terms of attempts and stuff??

All this having been said please try to keep in mind that people get opposites even with "perfect" sways. I hate to see you guys go over your sways looking for THE thing when it was really probably just bad luck or things that were totally outside of your control.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic,

The more I look into my diet I don't see i went off course too badly aside from the fact that I wasn't able to go longer than 9 weeks. Double checking... coffee with splenda and alcohol (white wine) was helping me sway pink correct?

In terms of attempts I wasn't sure when I was ovulating since my periods were so inconsistent. So what happened was I used a OPK and it read not fertile so I started the BD E4D. Turned out that the first attempt stuck now looking back at dates. Also the ultrasound lady mentioned it was interesting that I ovulated so early (she said she could tell by the lining or something like that). When I did finally get a +OPK 1.5-2 weeks or so later, we thought we were trying but turned out I was already pregnant and I guess the OPK was picking up my pregnancy. I took an actual test and I was 2-3 weeks pregnant already.

Perhaps next time I should wait until my cycles are consistent?
    Ready for a pink sway

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not wait till cycles are consistent, if anything that only helps.

You had a good sway, the only thing that jumps out to me is the 9 weeks on diet. That, I would change. but I cannot stress to you enough how going over and over looking for some thing to fix is not the right move here, because people have literally beautiful, perfect sways and still get boys. Either from bad luck or things that they can't control. The only thing that I would do different the next time is the time on diet.

10. Likes Erin514 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Im sorry Im not understanding what you mean by not waiting until cycles are consistent. Are you saying consistent cycles help sway pink or blue?

And yes I agree time on the diet is a huge factor.
    Ready for a pink sway

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa84 View Post
    Im sorry Im not understanding what you mean by not waiting until cycles are consistent. Are you saying consistent cycles help sway pink or blue?

And yes I agree time on the diet is a huge factor.
    I believe inconsistent cycles (when caused NOT by PCOS but some other factor, such as having a baby recently/breastfeeding/weight loss/exercise) sway pink, or at the least may indicate you may be overall more pink friendly

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ so my point is, it's silly to decide to wait for regular cycles, track cycles for X number of months, to sway, because you may be waiting out the months you're the most pink friendly in favor of somethign that doesn't even help!

14. Likes NACIREMADREAM liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thank you! So now looking back all I wound chabge is the length of time on diet. So next time I'll make that correction. Thanks!!
    Ready for a pink sway

16. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast