Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thyroid medication, prolactinoma, faith

Hello,

This may have all been discussed somewhere but Im new to this group so not sure where to look. I was diagnosed recently with a prolactinoma (pituitary tumor) as well as hypothyroidism. From everything I have seen, about 90% of people who conceived while on medicine for hypothyroidism, conceived a boy. I have two sons already (both born before my hypothyroid diagnosis) and would love a baby girl. I want to stress that by no means will I not take medication that my body needs (especially since I know the risks of an underactive thyroid while pregnant) , just wanting to know if I need to be realistic and expect that this medication might be a definite boy sway. (if so, all God's plan!) Also, I am on bromocroptine for my pituitary tumor and was wondering if that had a history of anytype of sway.

So my questions are:
    1.) has anyone conceived a girl while on medication (levothyroxine) for hypothyroidism?
    2.) Has anyone conceived a girl while on the medication bromocroptine?

Also, my husband and I are strong Christians so to be honest, this website is a bit conflicting for me since I believe so much that God will give you the baby that he has picked for you, yet I am on this site trying to find things that will help me to sway for a girl. Does anyone else have this struggle and a take on it?

Thank you!! Sending all my blue pixie dust to anyone who wants a boy, and hoping for all the pink pixie dust from all of you girl mommies!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey sweetie, I don't know the answers to your other questions. I believe the Lord led me to this site, because I have been praying very hard for just one more baby girl. I also feel that if he chooses another boy for me then he knows which child is best for our family. All will tell once we begin ttc in June My faith is very much in the lord, but I do believe he led me to this wonderful site hope you find all your answers. Many hugs and lots of pink baby dust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jennifer [Mommy2apples]For This Little I have

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/50268a

DS 2003DD 2009 DS 2012DS 2015 Jan 2016
    May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

3. Thanks Dreamgirl214, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much, mommy2apples!! That's a great way to think of it!

5. Likes Mommy2apples liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamgirl214 View Post
    Hello,

This may have all been discussed somewhere but Im new to this group so not sure where to look. I was diagnosed recently with a prolactinoma (pituitary tumor) as well as hypothyroidism. From everything I have seen, about 90% of people who conceived while on medicine for hypothyroidism, conceived a boy. I have two sons already (both born before my hypothyroid diagnosis) and would love a baby girl. I want to stress that by no means will I not take medication that my body needs (especially since I know the risks of an underactive thyroid while pregnant) , just wanting to know if I need to be realistic and expect that this medication might be a definite boy sway. (if so, all God's plan!) Also, I am on bromocroptine for my pituitary tumor and was wondering if that had a history of anytype of sway.

So my questions are:
    1.) has anyone conceived a girl while on medication (levothyroxine) for hypothyroidism?
    2.) Has anyone conceived a girl while on the medication bromocroptine?

Also, my husband and I are strong Christians so to be honest, this website is a bit conflicting for me since I believe so much that God will give you the baby that he has picked for you, yet I am on this site trying to find things that will help me to sway for a girl. Does anyone else have this struggle and a take on it?

Thank you!! Sending all my blue pixie dust to anyone who wants a boy, and hoping for all the pink pixie dust from all of you girl mommies!
    Hi Dreamgirl214,

I conceived a girl being on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism (and I was not even swaying then). Don't know bromocroptine.
    I never knew levothyroxine would sway boy. That's freaking me out a little bit since I'm now going for another girl (our DD was stillborn). Good luck!
    Mom of angel Liv (stillborn at 30w on 06/25/2016)

TTC rainbow baby
    Failed sway, due September 2017

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamgirl214 View Post
    Thank you so much, mommy2apples!! That's a great way to think of it!
    Very welcome

May 2016 October 2017: the Lord answered my prayers! We have a healthy babyShe absolutely completes our family!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)Yes, dozens if not hundreds of people on this site have gotten pregnant with girls and on levothyroxine. It is NOT 90%, of that I can assure you and I have many, many BLUE swayers who are hypothyroid and on medication for that. I also know people in real life who are on it and have all girls - 2 in fact.

2)I know of a few people who have a pit tumor and they all have both boys and girls.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sigrid86 View Post
    Hi Dreamgirl214,

I conceived a girl being on levothyroxine for hypothyroidism (and I was not even swaying then). Don't know bromocroptine.
    I never knew levothyroxine would sway boy. That's freaking me out a little bit since I'm now going for another girl (our DD was stillborn). Good luck!
    Sigrid, I would not have taken your money for a sway plan if your medication made boys 90% of the time. That simply is not true.

Many people who have thyroid issues also have PCOS and PCOS may lead to more boys conceived. Additionally, hypothyroid can make it harder to lose weight. This has led a few people to make this conclusion that the medication sways blue when really it is the PCOS and carrying a few extra lbs that does. Correlation does not equal causation, and in this case, the correlation isn't right either since we have plenty of blue swayers on thyroid meds for hypothyroid!!

11. Thanks sigrid86 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mommy2apples View Post
    Hey sweetie, I don't know the answers to your other questions. I believe the Lord led me to this site, because I have been praying very hard for just one more baby girl. I also feel that if he chooses another boy for me then he knows which child is best for our family. All will tell once we begin ttc in June My faith is very much in the lord, but I do believe he led me to this wonderful site hope you find all your answers. Many hugs and lots of pink baby dust.

Just remember the legend of the rowboat - a guy was stranded in a flood and people came by in a canoe and tried to save him. He said "no thanks, God will save me". Then someone came by in a motorboat and tried to save him, and he said "no thanks, God will save me." Then as the water was rising around his ankles someone came by in a rowboat and tried to save him, but again he said "No thanks, God will save me." He drowned and went to heaven and he asked St. Peter, "What gives?? Why didn't you save me from the flood?" And St Peter said, "I sent you a canoe, a motorboat and a rowboat!!"

We don't sit around and ask God to put food into our mouths and bring us drinks of water, and we don't ask him to put money in our bank accounts instead of working. We do have to do part of the work for God to help us the rest of the way. IMVVVVVVVHO

13. Thanks Mommy2apples thanked for this post
    Likes sigrid86 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Just remember the legend of the rowboat - a guy was stranded in a flood and people came by in a canoe and tried to save him. He said "no thanks, God will save me". Then someone came by in a motorboat and tried to save him, and he said "no thanks, God will save me." Then as the water was rising around his ankles someone came by in a rowboat and tried to save him, but again he said "No thanks, God will save me." He drowned and went to heaven and he asked St. Peter, "What gives?? Why didn't you save me from the flood?" And St Peter said, "I sent you a canoe, a motorboat and a rowboat!!"

We don't sit around and ask God to put food into our mouths and bring us drinks of water, and we don't ask him to put money in our bank accounts instead of working. We do have to do part of the work for God to help us the rest of the way. IMVVVVVVVHO
    Definitely!

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post