Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Picky eater trying to do PCOS LE

Hi ladies,

Feeling in a pickle as I'm meant to be doing pcos LE but struggling for things to eat. I'm on metformin 1000mg a day. I am trying to cut meat as much as I can but struggling with how to get protein and also to eat enough calories in total!
    Is wholemeal Pitta bread ok? I have seen people say on here they use it to make pizza with some pizza topper sauce and some low fat cheese. Would that be ok?
    I could probably add an egg for protein but is it ok to have an egg daily?
    I plan on 2 meals a day and don't mind eating the same thing every day or alternating between 2 things, could I make an omelette plain for lunch and use full fat milk to up calories then have the pizza for dinner and maybe alternate with rice, carrots and a bit of chicken maybe some soy sauce to add flavour? Is bisto ok? It's quite salty I believe but would it be ok to have bisto gravy with veg (carrots, corn on the cob,turnip) and a bit of turkey or something?

Any help would be so appreciated. I want to know what I'm eating so that I can plan in advance and not think about it/obsess over it!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're doing the PCOS diet you can have some meat.

Wholemeal pita is ok as long as you don't have gluten sensitivity

You should not be eating low fat cheese on PCOS diet, either. 50-60 g protein, 50-60 g fat

The sodium thing, I strongly urge you to let go of that. It makes it WAY easier to stick to the diet and it hasn't worked anyway. Most of us totally gave up on it and our results only went up when we did.

I ate stuff like Bisto (only my fave was hollandaise flavored) all the time when swaying.

Yes fine to have veg, gravy, and a bit of turkey!! Do you like potato?? I ate tons of potatoes when I was swaying.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic I just think you're a diamond thanks so much, feeling a bit better about it now. Will change up my meal plans to substitute the low fat cheese and add in bisto and potatoes.
    My biggest worries are not eating enough and messing with my fertility and of eating meat and carbs together because I keep seeing on here that carbs and protein = boy! Should I try to eat these separately?
    TBH I don't know if I have gluten sensitivity? I wonder if I can get gluten free pita just incase. I'll have a look.

Thanks again so much!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Another quick question, I had planned on taking fibre but just seen on here someone say it interferes with metformin and so can't be taken then.
    I am hoping to get clomid does anyone know what supps I can do with metformin and clomid, obviously I will take the folic acid 1200 too. Should I just stick with those 3, diet, exercise and one attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Worrying about carbs + protein is for BLUE swayers, not PINK!!! They HAVE to eat them at every meal. But they are eating tons of food, 3 meals plus 3-5 snacks a day, so it's totally different rules for them.

No pink swayers need to worry about eating protein and carbs. YOur diets are totally different than HE Diet.

You'd probably know if you have a gluten issue. I sometimes have people who are having trouble TTC, ditch the wheat but you don't need to do that just for straightforward PCO, just use whole grains.

You don't need fiber with the alt. diet and the Met.

Yes, I'd just have you do those three.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks EnglishDame thanked for this post