Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

4 boys, desperately want a girl

Hello. I've been reading so many things on this site for the last few years. I am 23 and already have four sons. My 7 year old is not my husbands. My husband and I have a three year old, an 18 month old, and a 6 month old. I did not learn about swaying until I was pregnant with my 18 month old and then my six month old was a whoops. I very much want to sway for a girl and my husband is willing to do whatever but I'm confused because there are a couple things I know should sway pink that I was doing when I conceived my sons. With my three year old I had just lost 30 pounds and was on a strict vegan diet. But we only dtd once that entire month. I was on top and had the big O. With my 18 month old I was still a vegetarian and avoided dairy but can't say I was a vegan because I know I consumed things that did have dairy in them every now and then. Once again I was on top, had big O and we dtd twice that entire month. I was also 114 pounds at 5'4 so pretty thin. With my six month old we dtd twice that cycle and yet again, I was on top and had big O. Still a vegetarian avoiding diary. I have always drank a lot of coffee and Diet Coke so I'm not sure if that truly does sway pink. Also, I've read so much praise about the one attempt on this site but since it seems my husband and I only had one-two attempts maybe we need to do something else? Also confused about my diet since I was a vegetarian when I got pregnant with my last three boys. I know timing is not said to matter anymore but timing, position, and orgasm are the only things that scream blue to me. Also I don't know if this affects things but I have been prescribed adderall for ADHD And started taking that around 3 months ago. Also my husband is a mail man so I don't know how that affects his sperm. I really just need to figure out the best way to increase my chances of having my baby girl as I know I cannot have more than one more child. Please help! Now with my adder all I have little to no appetite and usually don't even eat until 2pm. I have been avoiding avocado, banana, tomato, and all I drink is coffee and diet coke or sprite zero. My husband is slightly over weight, does not exercise due to his job making him walk 10+miles a day, and has a terrible diet. He eats mainly chicken unless I cook red meat for him and our boys, and he hates vegetables. He drinks equal amounts of water and diet pop, no coffee. He is willing to take sups so if there are any to help, he will do it. I worry our issue has been linked to my big o and timing. I am a couch potato and I do have an addiction to cake and junk food these days.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hoping atomic or someone can give me some advice on what we need to do differently especially concerning how often to dtd... also my ph last night was 5.5 but dh's was 8.5!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For how often to DTD, the things that seem to be working are one attempt at positive OPK or every four days. You want to only have one attempt in the fertile period. Even if you've gotten boys with that before, it's still what gets the best results.

Most of us here aren't doing anything to mess with pH anymore, and AFAIK results have gotten better since then.
    Atomic's thoughts on pH are here.

Most of us aren't doing mineral based sways anymore either. So no tracking salt, potassium, etc other than to make sure that you are getting enough.

What was your eating pattern and nutrient intake like when you conceived? Most of the people I know who are vegan are very mindful of their overall intake of things like protein and fat, and often are active people who tend to be building muscle and eating frequently throughout the day.

You're obviously very fertile, which is something that seems to stack the deck towards blue to begin with, so I wouldn't start dropping things that have been successful in an effort to do the opposite of what you did when you got your boys.

I know atomic will get around to this thread at some point, but things that seem to be helping include the LE diet for 12 weeks (there's more to it than just vegetarian), exercise (60 min of cardio 5-6 times a week), coffee, alcohol, and fiber supplements (taken at meals that are fatty or have lots of fat soluble vitamins). Some or all of those may or may not be right for you (especially at 6 months PP), but that's kind of the general idea. Some things might help a bit, like J&D (jump and dump) or antihistamines, but also cut the odds of conception.

Are you currently taking any supplements or having DH take any?

Also, I think if you bump your post it tends to make it take longer for atomic to see it, since she goes from the oldest to the newest when replying.
    K 2012 C 2014 Baby C Nov 2017

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your response! i will not bump my post again as I definitely want atomic's insight When my three year old was conceived I was tracking everything I ate, I've been using MFP for like 6 years now because I like to know how many calories I'm eating everyday. I was definitely eating less than 1000 calories a day when I conceived him because I really wanted to lose weight. I also didn't eat much protein. I mainly stuck to fruits and veggies and hummus every now and then. I did eat frequently though. With my 18 month old I know I was still vegetarian and didn't eat cheese, milk, or yogurt, but I also kind of ate whatever I want. I've never been into exercise except when my 6 month old was conceived. That was definitely my biggest unintentional boy sway. I exercised with both cardio and weights, ate a lot, and drank protein shakes every morning. Now i'm a server so other than when I work, i'm a major couch potato. I eat dairy but I don't like milk so I don't drink it. And I never eat breakfast. I had originally had DH start cranberry but i'm not sure what he really needs to take. I will definitely add fiber. Is there any certain kind ? And which antihistamines and how often should I take them or dh take them? I feel we can definitely do the every four days but every night would definitely not happen with us.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I mentioned this in your other thread too but unless it's been several days, don't bump your post. I go from oldest to newest and bumping keeps it in the "new" threads and so I have a hard time catching up to them.

I answered most of this already I think but I do want to stress to you, that while some diets limit potassium they still require you to get 2500-3500 mg a day since this is the amount your body needs to survive. You have to be very careful that you are getting enough and many of us actually have to add in potassium foods while swaying. You do not need to avoid or limit them unless you're getting 2500-3500 mg a day already.

Adderall probably sways pink anyway.

I'd exercise if you can but you may have to add more cals to avoid losing too much weight and stopping O.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AmberGoff57 View Post
    Thank you so much for your response! i will not bump my post again as I definitely want atomic's insight When my three year old was conceived I was tracking everything I ate, I've been using MFP for like 6 years now because I like to know how many calories I'm eating everyday. I was definitely eating less than 1000 calories a day when I conceived him because I really wanted to lose weight. I also didn't eat much protein. I mainly stuck to fruits and veggies and hummus every now and then. I did eat frequently though. With my 18 month old I know I was still vegetarian and didn't eat cheese, milk, or yogurt, but I also kind of ate whatever I want. I've never been into exercise except when my 6 month old was conceived. That was definitely my biggest unintentional boy sway. I exercised with both cardio and weights, ate a lot, and drank protein shakes every morning. Now i'm a server so other than when I work, i'm a major couch potato. I eat dairy but I don't like milk so I don't drink it. And I never eat breakfast. I had originally had DH start cranberry but i'm not sure what he really needs to take. I will definitely add fiber. Is there any certain kind ? And which antihistamines and how often should I take them or dh take them? I feel we can definitely do the every four days but every night would definitely not happen with us.
    When we're young and superhuman we can sometimes get by with eating less and it doesn't have the same effect for swaying - especially when you're used to it already.

If you want to give DH cranberry just have him take the dose on the bottle daily till you get a positive pregnancy test, then wean off. Fiber - whatever kind you like. Antihistamine - this has only got so-so results but if you aren't breastfeeding you can take Cetirizine starting 5 days before your planned attempt. If you are breastfeeding take only ONE the day of your attempt (about 6 hours before). Hubby doesn't need antihistamine
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great thank you so much! I will be purchasing a sway olan soon to take the guess work out. I really appreciate your help!

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    was on vyvanse for 11 months and it was my first month off of it that i conceived DD3 with the help of clomid. I do think atomic is right that vyvanse or adderall (very similar, think of vyvanse as the longer lasting longer acting adderall) sways pink.
    Katelynn Marie (2005)
    Cyra Elizabeth (2010)
    Angela Victoria (2015)
    Alexandria Grace (2017)

My heart is full and my family is complete, even if i never got my son.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm wondering if clomid would help me if I could concvince my dr to give it to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast