Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I even ovulating?

Hi, I am getting really stressed as can't work out if I'm even ovulating this month. Have been temping for about three months - usually get two days of low temps and minimal EWCM (used to get loads before this diet) then a temp spike so guess I ovulate day before spike (day 13 or 14) then temps go down for a bit then consistently up (fall back rise) and have period 14 days later. This was our last month TTC (long story but decided this was last roll of the dice) and had minimal EWCM day 10 and day 11 then creamy day 12. Negative OPK day 11 and 12 but decided to BD day 12 as creamy CM, possible O pain and 2 low temps and was pretty sure I'd just missed LH surge and that I was ovulating so didn't want to miss it. Now day 14 and no temp spike so have no idea if I've ovulated or not. I'm scared that my BMI has dropped too low and I'm no longer ovulating but don't want to put on weight and sway blue. Tempted to just give up now and accept my two little boys who we adore and are a complete handful. Just put so much into the diet/exercise and just wanted to have one really good attempt this month but seems impossible as no idea if/when I'm ovulating. Will continue with OPK but can't see it going positive now as CM changed and also don't want to end up with more than one attempt.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should have unprotected sex every 4 days from here on in. Stop the OPK and temping and just go with e4d.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I think you should have unprotected sex every 4 days from here on in. Stop the OPK and temping and just go with e4d.
    Thanks. I think we will do that. I'm pretty sure I'm not ovulating to be honest. My periods are no longer painful, my temps do not really significantly go up, my EWCM is all but gone, only negative OPK. We do not want a Dec/Jan baby due to other birthday's in the family and holiday's so would need to miss next two month's anyway and I do not feel I can continue with the diet for another 3 months or more so I'm tempted to just give up (but in my heart don't want to). I'm worried if I suddenly increase protein, fat, stop exercise etc in order to ovulate, it will sway blue so feel maybe it's best to just drop the whole thing. Is there any way to help me ovulate again without swaying blue?

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi onelastway, can't offer much advice, but wanted to tell you that I'm in your shoes as well. I have 2 DD's and after months of convincing my husband of trying for a 3rd, he finally agreed but said that we would try for one month and if it was meant to be, it would happen. Well, it didn't happen... I am working on basically begging for more time, but I just wanted to share that through all of the pressure and stress of trying for one month and also switching my lifestyle and diet (although I'm pretty pink friendly anyway, but did make changes to snacking, exercise, some foods I eat, etc.) has caused me to go basically borderline below BMI and I haven't ovulated yet this month (I'm CD26 now and have never ovulated this late, so it looks anovulatory for me also). I didn't sway for either DD and I am new to this site, so I don't have much advice to share or offer, unfortunately....just wanted you to know that there is someone else out there that feels exactly like you do. What I've learned and am learning throughout this process is that if this is something that you feel that you NEED, don't deviate...fight for it. Best to you in whatever you decide!

6. Likes MiaMelb liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is a HUGE amount of wiggle room between swaying too strictly and just giving up. It doesn't make sense being terrified to make any changes, but then at the same time just ready to give up!! Just make the changes, it's better than giving up totally.

Just gradually start to relax on diet. Small changes over time will 'turn the radio dial' back towards the fertile end of things without completely going into blue zone.

I'd start with adding in the full fat dairy, eggs, and serving of red meat or salmon (or both for a week or two if you're really depleted).

During your time off I'd just go vegetarian and stop counting and stuff. That has been a good pink sway too. So if you do end up needing that month, it's fine, just be a vegetarian for a while.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I feel like taking out some of the things that I used to do (some foods like banana, tomatoes, grapefruit juice, etc.), reducing weighted workouts, adding in more acidic things like red wine, diet coke, aspartame, etc.), not snacking, mostly vegetarian, etc. has taken a toll on my body and possibly delaying my O or giving me an anovulatory cycle (although I do realize that stress can be a huge factor also!!). Do you think I should also add in full fat dairy yogurts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I even ovulating?

I think this can happen sometimes when swaying. It can take your body a bit of time to adjust to the changes you've made. Plus, if you've been the least bit stressed it can cause delayed ovulation by itself. Hang in there, sweetie! I believe you will get your BFP, if you can convince your DH to keep trying! My DH was dead set against TTCing baby #4. He only agreed to not try, not prevent. I had to be very stealth like with swaying. The diet was easy, but I could only use opks when he was away at work. I was only able to use them on the weekends if he had errands to run or when he went to work out. He knew how I felt, but he took 11mo to come around! That was when I got our BFP. I know it sounds crazy, but I believe it took him accepting another baby for it to happen. Ironically, we were both under massive amounts of stress and barely sleeping the cycle I got a BFP. He is now super excited about having another baby!

I would tell him very simply how you feel and listen to him. Try not to convince him, but let him know your position. If he feels "heard", it may be easier for him to come your way. If I would have pushed my DH in any way, he would have backed out and dug his heels in. I did stand up for myself on occasion when he would make a nasty comment about not wanting more kids. I told him he wasn't being fair and that I can't change how I feel anymore than I can't change how he feels. To put down my desire is hurtful and makes me feel like I can't share my feelings. When he came to me and told me that he is open to another child, he said that it was my unwavering desire and me listening to him without forcing him to come my way that made him realize he wasn't being fair to our family. I hope and pray that you can get through this together! I know how hard it is to want something so bad and someone you need to make it happen doesn't. It is hard. This kind of stress can and does delay ovulation. 7 cycles out of 11 were severely delayed ovulation.

(((Huge Hugs)))

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    EDD 9/30/2017 for pink
    Last edited by XXforhubby; February 9th, 2017 at 05:22 PM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's strange, over time my husband's negativity has started to convince me he might be right. We have two very demanding boys (one under investigation for possible ADHD/Autism Spectrum Disorder) and the other who reacts to living with a brother with those needs. We don't have much money as I'm a stay at home mum and maybe it would be best for us to just enjoy our two, give them all we have and move on. But I just always thought I'd have three and, truth be told, we'd both love to have a girl. I've lost too much weight, I'm starting to look ill (my mum is so worried about me as I haven't even told her about having a third let alone swaying) - we have half term week here this week so going to eat normally for a week (indulge!!), enjoy time with my boys and have a good search inside for what we want to do. We'll be skipping the next two months anyway so am hoping one week of normal eating isn't going to ruin my sway and then I will try a slightly less strict version of LE so I don't lose anymore weight and hopefully restart ovulation if we decide to continue TTC. Thanks everyone for comments.

12. Likes maximbella, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1 week off will not hurt anything. I really urge you to just go vegetarian and not even worry about LE limits for at least your first month off!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maximbella View Post
    Atomic, I feel like taking out some of the things that I used to do (some foods like banana, tomatoes, grapefruit juice, etc.), reducing weighted workouts, adding in more acidic things like red wine, diet coke, aspartame, etc.), not snacking, mostly vegetarian, etc. has taken a toll on my body and possibly delaying my O or giving me an anovulatory cycle (although I do realize that stress can be a huge factor also!!). Do you think I should also add in full fat dairy yogurts?
    well, you don't need to drop banana or tomato as that is not part of LE Diet and never has been so that is one easy change to make right away.

I actually love to see you guys eating at least one serv. of full fat dairy a day if you can fit it in. Nothing better for keeping you ovulating.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast