Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying with fertility problems (endometriosis/luteal phase defect)

Hi, as some of you know we were wondering whether to give up TTC altogether if it didn't happen this month but when I realised I wasn't pregnant, I was so sad that it confirmed for me we definitely do want a third. I have been off the diet for a couple of weeks as my body just needed a boost. I want to go back on and we're not trying this month anyway as would be due around my eldest son's birthday (and he has special needs and could not cope with that) BUT:
    - my BMI is only 18.5 so don't want to lose anymore weight.
    - after several months charting my cycle I seem to have problems with ovulation and/or short luteal phase (I THINK I am ovulating eventually (2 out of 4 cycles this has been late) but have a very slow temp rise 3 or 4 days after so hard to tell, temps after go up and down a bit AND if Fertility Friend is right about when I ovulate, my last two luteal phases have been 11 then 10 days, they are getting shorter and I spot the day before now.
    - My mum and sister both had/have severe endometriosis so it is quite likely I have it too (can cause luteal phase probs, also have other symptoms such as heavy period, pain, tiredness etc).

So my questions are: if the doc will give me progesterone - does this affect swaying? If I potentially have problems now with fertility, should I alter my sway as this is also going to decrease my chances of getting pregnant? My husband is 45 and we don't want huge age gap so haven't got ages to conceive really, but do want to do everything we can to get a girl. I know I wouldn't be happy with a half-hearted sway.

Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No more weight loss and in fact you may even want to gain bit back.

Add in full fat dairy 1 serv. a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of red meat or salmon.

Be sure you're eating lots of fruit and veg, best thing for endo. NO fiber, just fresh fruit and veg

Progesterone should not affect a sway, BUT the unfortunate truth is that it also may not help you get and stay pregnant, either. Studies have shown it's really a placebo. It's up to you if you want to use it, but please be making OTHER changes at the same time (including possibly regaining a small amount of weight) to make that happen.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^by that I mean, conceiving successfully!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    No more weight loss and in fact you may even want to gain bit back.

Add in full fat dairy 1 serv. a day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of red meat or salmon.

Be sure you're eating lots of fruit and veg, best thing for endo. NO fiber, just fresh fruit and veg

Progesterone should not affect a sway, BUT the unfortunate truth is that it also may not help you get and stay pregnant, either. Studies have shown it's really a placebo. It's up to you if you want to use it, but please be making OTHER changes at the same time (including possibly regaining a small amount of weight) to make that happen.
    Thank you for the advice. Am I more likely to have a boy if I have low progesterone? Could the diet have caused the low progesterone (I conceived both boys first attempt but never charted so no idea what temps were like. Just had loads of EWCM back then so dtd then). Would clomid help? Terrified of multiples!! Have gp appointment Friday.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh and should I still do exercise 60 mins 4 days a week like I was?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. I know that's a theory that some people put out there but it's never been proven and I have seen tons of both pink and blue swayers with short LP and normal LP too for that matter (I have 4 boys and never had low prog or short LP)

Yes, diet can cause low progesterone particularly if you don't eat enough fat. Please add in the dairy and eggs like I mentioned.

Yes, Clomid can help, it does raise odds of multiples a little bit but it's not a guarantee at all.

I'd still exercise for now but no more than 4 days a week. Are you eating 1800 cals minimum? If not, do

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a short LP of 9-10 days & the thing that has helped me fall pregnant twice was to tell hubby to stop "self releasing". Once he was on a E3d "self release" pattern I have fallen pregnant twice with 1 attempt at +opk. Something worth considering? We are so quick to blame ourselves but its not always us!
    mummy to 10yrs & 8yrs. 7weeks dec 2016 4yrs.
    After 2 failed sways we are going high tech

May 2019 IVF1 4 follicle, 4 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 5
    JUly 2019 IVF2 8 follicles, 3 fertilised & only 1 made it to day 6 frozen & waiting for us
    our precious was a failed FET .
    IVF3 1 day 5
    2020 COVID halts our plans & we cant travel
    2021 6 more egg collections yeild 17eggs in total. Frozen gametes shipped to clinic & 16 survive the thaw & only 3 fertilised. None to test on day 5

Jan 2022 this wasnt the plan.......
    Feb 2022 stopped growing & left me at 8weeks

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks KC!

10. Likes kc15880 liked this post