Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clomid ?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

clomid ?

can i just ask why you cant take lydia pinkham or vitex with clomid as ive brought these ready to take and im a clomid user as i dont ovulate on my own ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey there, I think they interfere with the chemical process that the Clomid presents in the body. They add estrogen, and when you take Clomid, you are depriving your body of estrogen for those days and tricking it into thinking it needs more. So, the Clomid won't work, it won't trick your body if you are adding other estrogenic supps in like Vitex and LP.
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok thanks, oh pooh ive brought both and they are super expensive in uk, just my luck ! lol x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

clomid/lydia pinkham/vitex just curious ?

could i take vitex and lydia pinkham in the 6 weeks (on diet) before i take the clomid or should i avoid both completley ?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all I don't think anyone should ever take Lydia Pinkham because they have a couple things in there that are really not good for you.

I would not mess with vitex and Clomid and I am not in any way suggesting you do so, but I do know of a couple of people who took vitex for several months non-stop, and and then stopped it and switched to Clomid/soy (soy works in a similar way as Clomid). One lady had a girl doing this, and then did the exact same thing a second time and had a boy. The other lady had a girl. So it's by no means a magic bullet.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hmmm interesting, but i cant take them both together can i ? (vitex and clomid) i tried soy to but didnt make me ovulate

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, but the ladies I am talking about took the vitex, stopped it, and then took the Clomid the following month.

The only reason I mention the soy is just that it kinda acts like vitex.

I guess my point is, you could take vitex for some period of time, stop it when you were ready to TTC, and then treat that day you stopped the vitex as CD 1 and begin your Clomid on CD 3 or whatever your doc wants you to do on that. I don't have evidence that is safe or a good idea, just sharing what those ladies did and they did get pg that way.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok hun thanks, what about the lydia pinkham you mentioned you dont like this product ? is this safe to take with clomid/vitex ?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ok hun thanks, what about the lydia pinkham you mentioned you dont like this product ? is this safe to take with clomid/vitex ?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lydia Pinkham has black cohosh in it and I feel the cohoshes are better left alone due to the fact that they are risky (causing liver damage among other things), esp. prior to pregnancy, which is about the last time you want to take something that may be dangerous. Also, depending on what formulation you get, one has unicorn root and the other has licorice and both of those may sway blue by raising estrogen levels.

One of the formulations has vitex in it already and so taking both that and vitex would be too much vitex.

Lydia P. has a lot of very untested things in it and I just really really think it's a bad idea to take it anytime around when you are taking Clomid, because Clomid is relying on a very delicate balance of hormones in order to work and it's just best if you don't interfere with that. And also because Clomid has its own set of risks and you don't want to take anything that could increase those risks.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; October 15th, 2011 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast