Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi is there a thread that tells you what the letters stand for please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    abbreviations here, most of them anyway. if you don't see the one you're looking for, ask! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...anslation.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I want you to use full fat instead of diet cheese. Gaining weight is even more evidence that you need to ditch the skim and go to full fat. I know it is counterintuitive but skim dairy may make your body hang onto weight.

I'd probably also switch to whole grains and also get more carbs from fruit and vegetables instead of white refined grains. Up protein and fat to 50-60 g each. Doing these changes will help turn that weight gain around. Sometimes people will gain weight and that is a sign we're getting too many empty carbs and need to up protein and fat, and switch from empty carbs to better carbs.

You can eat 1500-1800 cals a day. You do not need to limit yourself based on your BMI. Important thing is making the changes that I have outlined above.

Yes, walking with the kids counts as exercise. No need for a gym membership.

I can't compare one attempt to e4d. Most people start off on one attempt and then after a few months go onto e4d so it is not something I can simply compare.

RE social events - cheating for things like this is not only allowed but encouraged. It DOES NOT ruin your sway.

Most important is the limits. Always the limits. But in times of cheating it is ok to exceed limits for a meal or a day.

It takes an average of 3 months for people to fall pregnant with swaying. This is the same amount of time it takes the average couple without swaying! I would not start off with e4d personally at 33/34. It's up to you, though.

4. Thanks Lotte84 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is the post I was replying to above - I didn't realize it was on a new page

Quote Originally Posted by Lotte84 View Post
    Last week it was around 40-45 mg of fat a day.
    Does this mean you also need to eat 48+cheese (full fat) instead of 30+ (diet cheese)? I do find it difficult to increase my omega 6 fats, with more than halvarine/margarine, sunflower oil (cooking).

This morning I saw that I actually gained 1 kg of weight since I started two weeks ago.... I do have to say that I currently have my period, but still. I've made so many changes and really stick around 1500 cal, fat and protein levels. Is my body in shock?? With my BMI I think I should at max be around 1500 cal, right?
    I am quite hungry when going to sleep at 11 pm... (last ate at 6 pm).

I want to stick very strictly to the diet, but I do have some social events including lunch/dinner planned in the upcoming month. Does a cheat ruin your sway? Is it more important to stick to 3x a day or total cal/protein/fat/no meat intake? Just to make the best choices during those times.

Does actively walking with my kids (pushing the pram) for one hour also count as exercise? I'm not a gym member right now.

Would you recommend one attempt or every 4 days? When we start in June, I would like to conceive quickly, not due to our age (just turned 33 en DH just turned 34), but the age gap between the kids (my identical twinboys will turn 3 in October). On the other hand, I did easily conceive last time (29 years old) and I don't want to lower my "girl" chances. How long does it take to conceive on average with only one attempt (at +OPK) in your experience? And if you compare this to every 4 days?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again so much!! So nice to see that you make the time to help with questions you probably answered a thousand times!

I will make the diet changes and start with one attempt at + OPK (with abstain for 7-10 days I guess). One last question if I may, does the choice for abstain/FR/do nothing particularly matter for conceiving or girl chances?

Now, I stop thinking and considering and just go. Better for girls right :-).

Hopefully I'll have good (pink) news soon!

p.s. The weight gain was probably due to my period. This morning I was minus 2 kg. Yeah!
    Last edited by Lotte84; May 9th, 2017 at 06:05 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Our results don't seem to indicate that there is any difference between them. Neither one really seems to be doing much.

8. Thanks Lotte84 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So DH doesn't have to FR of abstain before our one attempt? He can release whenever he wants for the same sway girl chances before one attempt?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, he doesn't have to. It is up to you. The results have not indicated that either of those things actually help. BUT try to keep in mind that our results are NOT a study. All our respondents are doing tons of things to sway. It ~may~ be that if we tested 1000 couples they would make some difference, but that's just not showing up for us in our results so it makes more sense to me to focus on quick time to conception with one attempt by dropping the things that are not actively helping.

11. Thanks Lotte84 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I totally understand! It's good to know that there's no need to pressure my DH :-).
    Thanks again!

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, so far I'm doing great on the diet. Already lost 3 kg and brisk walking 6 days a week!

An additional question came up...when should you take the psyllium husk tablets? I read contradicting stuff here and on the internet. Should it be taken 1 hour before a meal, just before a meal or after the meal for the purpose of girl swaying? I do know we only have to take it with fatty meals. Thanks so much in advance!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast