Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Help, some questions about my pink sway!

Hello everybody,

First of all, excuse me for my probably not perfect English. I'm from the Netherlands :-).
    I have two boys and this will be my last chance for a girl. Not because of my age (33, DH 34), but we cannot afford more then 3 kids. We will have our first attempt mid June, so I'm trying to do everything right. I started last week with my diet. I find it quite hard.... There is some conflicting info in the forums. I know some information via Google is not up to date, but I don't know how to do it right...and that stressing me out.

I will stick with the diet and stay within the 1500-1800 cal, 40-50 protein and 40-50 fat. 3-4 cups of coffee daily. I try to eat vegetarian, so far so good ;-).
    I'll take folic acid 1600 (already started), Saw Palmetto 320mg (AF-O) and ceritizine 5 days before O-O. I ordered psyllium husk tablets.

DH will take LR, ceritizine 5 days before O-O and cranberry 10000mg.
    DH will abstain and we do one attempt at +OPK using Sylk. The boys were both conceived in the second round.

I try to do the exercise by walking with my kids/DH.

Questions:

- Does this look OK? Is it possible to conceive (quickly) with this plan?

- Is cranberry OK for my husband to use or can I better drop that?

- I see that a lot of people don't eat till 11/12.00 pm, but I cannot wait that long. I also do three meals, two is not enough for me. Right now I'm eating at 8.30 am (I get up at 6.30 am), 13.00 lunch and 6 pm dinner. So I stick with the 14 hours of no food. Is this alright or can I better change times to avoid eating in the morning? Is it more about abstaining food or timing of the food? Otherwise I will change my timing.

- I am quite hungry to be honest. What could I add to my diet that is low protein and fat, but is filling for my stomach. I find that if I add something I rapidly go over my protein limits.

- I take magnesium 600mg every day and Imigran when I have a attack for migraine. Is this OK? I know I could better stop, but will it ruin my sway completely?

- How much psyllium husk should I take (tablet form)?

- Is there a higher risk of MC with the LE diet & supplements? (although you stop the supplements on the right time)

Thank you all so much in advance! And good luck everyone!
    Last edited by Lotte84; May 2nd, 2017 at 04:42 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! We have a very active group from the Netherlands on here!!

The odds are not high that you'll conceive quickly doing all that stuff. I can tell you what has not worked well for us if you want to, or you can try with this plan for 1-2 months first.

I would actually have him drop the cetirizine and keep the cranberry. Cetirizine may really make his semen very thick and on top of the effect of the cran and LR may end up making it very low chances you'll conceive.

Both 2-3 meals is fine. You are doing great having 14 hours between dinner and breakfast. You do not need to change antyhing with that. It is not the time of day but the number of hours between the two meals. Keep up the good work.

Low carb vegetables (like broccoli, courgette/zucchini, asparagus, etc) are free and unlimited. You can have as much as you want and do not need to count anything in them. Higher carb veg (like potatoes and corn/maize) and fruit, you count only calories in them, they are free for protein and fat. So you can eat those things freely or very nearly so without having to worry at all about protein or fat. Plus they are very filling!!

Why so much magnesium?

Migraine meds probably sway pink.

I would start off with just one dose of fiber per day, only with meals containing fat. If you are not eating fat, you do not need to take the fiber. Do NOT take a massive amount, you don't need it, just a bit with meals that have fat in them.

WE do not know the answer to that question unfortunately. I have a long thread where I investigate all the potential risks of the supplements and stuff here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...carriage.html: The LE Diet, done properly, is based on the recommendations of the World Health Organization and reproductive endocrinologists for a normal, safe food intake prepregnancy. The diet as written does not increase risks of miscarriage (according to the WHO data). Now, some naughty people do starve themselves but that is NOT LE Diet and you should be sure you are eating at the least the minimum recommendation. Do not drop below that!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Lotte84 liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome! We have a very active group from the Netherlands on here!!

The odds are not high that you'll conceive quickly doing all that stuff. I can tell you what has not worked well for us if you want to, or you can try with this plan for 1-2 months first.

I would actually have him drop the cetirizine and keep the cranberry. Cetirizine may really make his semen very thick and on top of the effect of the cran and LR may end up making it very low chances you'll conceive.

Both 2-3 meals is fine. You are doing great having 14 hours between dinner and breakfast. You do not need to change antyhing with that. It is not the time of day but the number of hours between the two meals. Keep up the good work.

Low carb vegetables (like broccoli, courgette/zucchini, asparagus, etc) are free and unlimited. You can have as much as you want and do not need to count anything in them. Higher carb veg (like potatoes and corn/maize) and fruit, you count only calories in them, they are free for protein and fat. So you can eat those things freely or very nearly so without having to worry at all about protein or fat. Plus they are very filling!!

Why so much magnesium?

Migraine meds probably sway pink.

I would start off with just one dose of fiber per day, only with meals containing fat. If you are not eating fat, you do not need to take the fiber. Do NOT take a massive amount, you don't need it, just a bit with meals that have fat in them.

WE do not know the answer to that question unfortunately. I have a long thread where I investigate all the potential risks of the supplements and stuff here http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...carriage.html: The LE Diet, done properly, is based on the recommendations of the World Health Organization and reproductive endocrinologists for a normal, safe food intake prepregnancy. The diet as written does not increase risks of miscarriage (according to the WHO data). Now, some naughty people do starve themselves but that is NOT LE Diet and you should be sure you are eating at the least the minimum recommendation. Do not drop below that!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for taking the time to give me advice Atomic. Much appreciated! It really takes a lot of doubts away.

I didn't know about a dutch group. I will definitely check it out!

We'll drop the cetirizine for DH. Drop the LR too or no abstain, so FR? Should I still take the cetirizine or not? Are SP and Sylk proven to work in some way? You see, I'm very interested to hear in what order I should drop/change things :-).
    I have to say, the diet is harder on me than expected. Didn't know I am so "weak", but with work, kids, social life it appears to be a challenge in combination with my general low bloodsugar. So right now, to be honest, I feel like I don't want to lower my chances too much. Besides that, last time I (easily) conceived without swaying I was 29, so who knows how long it will take? On the other hand, I don't want to regret afterwards. So we'll go for a (semi) strong sway with actual conceiving changes :-). Or should I just take a shot in Mid May? I'm afraid I can guess your answer...;-).

I take 600 mg of magnesium as a migraine prophylactic (prevention of a migraine attack). Last year it appears to really lower my migraine attacks. If it will ruin my sway, I will stop. But then the urgency to conceive comes up again, since I can't take migraine medication in 2WW. How long does it take for magnesium to go out of your system? Could it be an option to stop in the week before O? I took a multivitamin and extra vitamin C (2000mg) for year until last week. When is it gone out my system?

One last question, should I include drinking alcohol? I'm not much of a drinker, but like a bacardi dietcoke occassionaly. And how often/in which weeks should you drink to make it sway slightly? I do drink coffee 3-4 times a day, I can't live without it :-).
    Last edited by Lotte84; May 4th, 2017 at 02:00 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In our results, the following things did not appear to be helping: LR, cetirizine, cranberry, abstain, FR, SP, and Sylk. They either got neutral results - same number of people got girls with or without them, or even WORSE than neutral - they got considerably lower than the overall success rates of the site. So if you're ok with it, based on our results it's actually ok to lose all those things. Most people DO want to try them to start with but it's fine not to, if you feel ok with that!

Can you tell me more about your diet? Sometimes people are eating too little and that is why they're miserable. LE Diet is, for most people, pretty easy to stick to so we may be able to change some things around to make it easier.

Don't worry about the magnesium, some people take that much for swaying pink and it's not necessary. Please continue doing what is right for your health.

Did you just stop the multivitamin and C cold turkey?? If so please take them at least a few more times, it's safer to wean off supplements gradually instead of stopping cold turkey. I also want to mention that taking 1000 mg Vit. C, let alone 2000, may cause or contribute to miscarriage so I really do not want you to go back onto that once you're pregnant.

WE honestly don't know about how often to drink alcohol. I suspect that it's individual - for someone that rarely drinks, drinking occasionally may sway pink, for someone who occasionally drinks, drinking 1 a day may sway pink, etc. I would be careful though as alcohol can make for some wicked migraines!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll stop SP right now, since I didn't got my period yesterday (It ALWAYS starts day 28 for years). We'll do the cranberry en LR for one cycle and maybe stop afterwards. Is their an actual chance to conceive with those supplements?

Could we do one shot at mid May or will all of it be for nothing? Since I don't see much difference in the percentages between 1-4 weeks on diet (mid May for me) and 4-8 weeks on diet (mid June).

I have to say, I think I had to get used to the diet. Right now I'm feeling better. I'm used to eating (smaller) 4-6 times a day and lots of protein and whole grain products, since I have low blood sugar. In the morning I drink a smoothie (frozen strawberry's, apple/pear, skim yogurt, shredded coconut and linseed), for lunch it's 1x wholegrain bread with strawberry's and 3x matze's with hummus. Dinner is very different; curry with vegetables/coconut milk/chickenpeas, risotto with spinach/sundried tomatoes/30+ cheese, noodles with vegetables/soy sauce/falafel, brocolli/sweet potatoes soup with whole grain bread. I've been around 1500-1600 cal a day and some days exceed protein a bit, but compensate it the next day. Should I change stuff? I am overweight (BMI 29).

I know about alcohol and migraine, that's why I rarely drink. Beer/wine is inherent to an migraine attack. But bacardi/gin is ok, so I will add 2/3x a week bacardi dietcokes at dinnertime.

I did stop cold turkey with the multivitamin en C....I will take some pills to wean off gradually. How long does it take for vitamins to get out of your blood system?
    Last edited by Lotte84; May 5th, 2017 at 11:35 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, people do conceive with hubbies on LR and cranberry. Lowers odds, but still possible!

Well, I have been monitoring the stats for a long time and actually, even if it's not obvious this month or year, we have had DRASTICALLY poor results with 1-4 weeks on diet. I do not and NEVER will recommend that because we had such bad results with that in the past.

Try to end up eventually only eating 4 times a day instead of 6. I think 6 is too much.

Drop linseed right away. some think it may sway blue but worse than that it may be actively harmful to a pregnancy and developing baby. Do NOT use it during pregnancy in anything more than occasional dietary amounts. I know it's quite popular in some countries but has been linked to premature birth and possible developmental delays. It also may cause or contribute to miscarriage in as many as 1/3 of people of Western European descent because it messes with your body's ability to properly use estrogen.

Overall your diet is looking very good, you're doing the type of foods I would recommend for your BMI (more fruits and veg and wholegrains!!) How many grams of fat?? At your BMI I think you'll be best off dropping skim dairy and going to exclusively full fat dairy. skim dairy can really muck with people's blood sugar and raise it in a way tht may be more blue friendly.

Oh gee I actually wonder if some of your feeling poorly may have been from dropping the vitamins too fast. I've made myself kind of sick doing that sometimes (and I should know better LOL) Most of the nutrients are water soluble and will leave your body quickly, a few take longer but that is just another reason why you may want to hold off till June instead.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again so much! Now I'm totally convinced, we'll wait one more month!

I had no idea about the linseed. Actually, I used to add oats in the smoothie, but stopped because I read oats increases testosteron. I really need something "filling" in my smoothie to make it till lunchtime (stick to 3 meals!).

How can skim dairy increase blood sugar? I'm afraid I will exceed fat levels.

So, to summ up, only diet (minimum 6 weeks), exercise, one attempt and J&D really sway?

J&D, is that also peeing after 5 minutes or is this too much?

I read that 6/7x 60 min is best, but 4x is better than none. So I'll really try to stick to that!
    Last edited by Lotte84; May 6th, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much fat are you eating, though?

Skim dairy has way, way more carbs than full fat dairy. And there seems to be something in milk sugar that is particularly harsh on your blood sugar response. Skim milk is actually worse for blood sugar than white bread!

That is what seems to be - diet (plus fiber, coffee, alcohol) one attempt or every 4 days, exercise, Clomid/Femara if you can get it, and for DH, jogging/biking, smoking, and possibly OLE sway. the rest of the stuff doesn't seem to be working. Interestingly, our results have gone up since we started ditching the other stuff and just doing those things!!! J and D does seem to possibly add something if you can conceive that way. J and D after 5 minutes is how most do it anywya.

4x a week on the exercise still seems to be working.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last week it was around 40-45 mg of fat a day.
    Does this mean you also need to eat 48+cheese (full fat) instead of 30+ (diet cheese)? I do find it difficult to increase my omega 6 fats, with more than halvarine/margarine, sunflower oil (cooking).

This morning I saw that I actually gained 1 kg of weight since I started two weeks ago.... I do have to say that I currently have my period, but still. I've made so many changes and really stick around 1500 cal, fat and protein levels. Is my body in shock?? With my BMI I think I should at max be around 1500 cal, right?
    I am quite hungry when going to sleep at 11 pm... (last ate at 6 pm).

I want to stick very strictly to the diet, but I do have some social events including lunch/dinner planned in the upcoming month. Does a cheat ruin your sway? Is it more important to stick to 3x a day or total cal/protein/fat/no meat intake? Just to make the best choices during those times.

Does actively walking with my kids (pushing the pram) for one hour also count as exercise? I'm not a gym member right now.

Would you recommend one attempt or every 4 days? When we start in June, I would like to conceive quickly, not due to our age (just turned 33 en DH just turned 34), but the age gap between the kids (my identical twinboys will turn 3 in October). On the other hand, I did easily conceive last time (29 years old) and I don't want to lower my "girl" chances. How long does it take to conceive on average with only one attempt (at +OPK) in your experience? And if you compare this to every 4 days?
    Last edited by Lotte84; May 8th, 2017 at 06:16 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast