Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying for Pink

Hello, i'm new here,

Just would like to write down a few things and would love if you could let me know if i'm heading in the right direction for my sway or maybe I need to change some things? Any guidance would be so appreciated.

We currently have two little girls and thought it would be nice to sway pink again for our third. We are looking at trying in June, CD1 would be early June.

After reading through this forum I realised looking back when conceiving with my two girls I am almost certain with them we always BD about 3-4 days prior to O and I know with my second it was only just the once as I remember thinking we probably wouldn't even conceive that month as we didn't try enough. We weren't swaying really then although with my second I guess maybe I did slightly after hearing about the shettles method (which I have read has been debunked?) which is why we did BD prior to O. With my first there wasn't any swaying at all.

Anyway here is some current info, hopefully someone can let me know how I will go with this:

- We will BD just the once in fertile window around 3-4 days prior to O.

- My cycle is most of the time 28 days, sometimes 1 or 2 days early. Actually my past 3 cycles have been 27, 25 and 26 days. If my cycle was shorter, does that mean I would ovulate earlier? I havn't ever used OPK's and don't know if it's too late to start with them? And wouldn't even know where to begin with them.

- I started 3 days ago taking folate. (Did this with both my girls, might of even been a bit earlier with them.)

- I still breastfeed my 19 month old 3 times a day. Also was doing this when I fell pregnant with my second DD.

- Diet wise; I don't eat much red meat, maybe some mince once a week in spaghetti bolognese. Should I cut this out prior to conceiving? Most days I have wholemeal toast with butter for breakfast, some days I will have scrambled eggs on toast with spinach and cheese and always a green tea (I drink a lot of green tea, have done for years). Lunch is mostly a chicken and salad sandwich or crackers with cheese and tomato. I have only recently just started eating tomatoes though as I never did in the past, should I cut that out prior? Are tomatoes more boy friendly? And dinner can consist of chicken and vegies or salad, fish, zucchini slice, spaghetti bolognese, rice. I also like to snack on apples and love my chocolate and biscuits. I also drink a lot of water 2+ litres a day.

- Have never really been big on exercise. Not overweight. Does it count I never really sit down, always running around after the girls or doing housework or just out and about.

- We have always conceived on first try. So want to make any changes if I need to straight away as June is not far away. Will this be enough time?

That is all I can think of at the moment. Is there anything I should add in or change to increase my chances?

Thank you so much, this site is full of great information.
    Last edited by Bridgetjones; May 5th, 2017 at 02:28 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd make that cutoff more like 2-3 days as 4 DBO is pretty slim chances of conceiving.

I can't say from here if your cycle was short because you Oed early or because your LP was shorter those months. Either is possible. OPK may help, but the problem is that it's not going to give you the cutoff you want, using OPK. What I'd probably do in your shoes is just plan on an attempt CD 11, OR you could get a fertility monitor and DTD on the second day of flashy smiley.

BF may sway pink. Carry on

RE your diet, I'd be quite tempted to just keep doing what got you girls in the past. It's up to you. YOu're not eating strictly LE, but you may (and probably are) coming into this with you and DH more "set" for pink and I'd worry I was "messing with success" changing things up too much. Would def. drop the mince and also switch from tea to coffee if you can bear to. I'd try to push breakfast back a couple hours and eliminate the snacking, going to 3 meals instead.

Exercise has gotten such great results I do recommend it if at all possible. I know it's a challenge with little ones though.

Since you're already eating what has been pink friendly for you, I'd be inclined to go ahead in June (with that one attempt!!)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honestly, it's probably better not to. I think we're getting far better results with having everyone just doing what is working for most people most of the time and not going over their lifestyle with a fine tooth comb looking for "the" thing they can change when in reality there are dozens, if not hundreds of things that come into play (including a healthy dollop of sheer dumb luck!)

A fertility monitor is a gizmo (some are super expensive, others are only moderately expensive LOL) that will tell you when your fertility is rising prior to your surge. It gives you a bit more information than plain old OPK strips do and this may make them handier for those who want to have a cutoff. Not MUCH handier, mind you, and they come with their own set of issues and confusing elements that are obnoxious in and of themselves. I do not recommend buying one of the super expensive ones, but if you really want a cutoff you may want to look into the Clearblue one, which is only mod. expensive.

4. Likes Bridgetjones liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's about 50-50 every time. People who say otherwise are misunderstanding odds and statistics.

But this 50-50 number is across the whole population. It really doesn't help us to know what your personal odds may be - just that overall, most of the time, it averages out to be about 50-50.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    None of the abstain/frequent release stuff has seemed to work. I'd probably just let him "do what he does" and go for one attempt unless you're really sold on the idea.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't work. Not only has it been fully debunked by science in about as thorough a way as possible http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html but most of us on here have 2-3-4 or more timing opposites to prove it.

If you are asking me if BD on CD7 is a good way not to get pregnant, yes, it is. If you're asking me "is this a good way to get a girl" no, it's not, because while it is one attempt, one attempt that has no chance of conception is 0% chance of getting a girl, if that makes sense. Sway tactics that have all but no chance of ending in pregnancy are worthless because no one can get pregnant doing them and thus people have much lower chances of getting a girl by definition.

If your end game is not getting pregnant, I'd just skip the month.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    "sperm retrieved alive 5 days after sex" does not = sperm that can get you pregnant.

When scientists went back through old studies that claimed to find pregnancies that occurred 5 days before O using modern technology and knowledge, they found that the studies (that are sadly, still often quoted on the internet as fact) that reported a decent chance of conception 5 DBO had mismeasured O and nearly all the people who supposedly got pregnant with intercourse that day had actually ovulated sooner than the original researchers claimed. The odds of getting pregnant 5 days before O are vanishingly small.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally do not believe in potassium for swaying. I would not worry about it at all, but if it is concerning to you then wean off of it (stopping suddenly may both make you constipated and also throw off your electrolyte levels)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you were doing abstain, keep doing abstain. A release now will not get rid of all the abstain sperm (if you were worrying about the sperm health) and what happens is, his body will quickly make a huge batch of sperm and there will be a lot more than there would have been if he would have kept going with the abstain.

His sperm will not be boy favorable, not sure why you have that impression???

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you were doing abstain, keep doing abstain. A release now will not get rid of all the abstain sperm (if you were worrying about the sperm health) and what happens is, his body will quickly make a huge batch of sperm and there will be a lot more than there would have been if he would have kept going with the abstain.

His sperm will not be boy favorable, not sure why you have that impression???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast